Old 09-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #31  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
Nicole..what the heck is a golden ticket? A week free off the dang sclae??
Do you remember the "golden ticket," from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory? Poor little boy had to search and search through all of those chocolate bars to find his golden ticket............do you see where I am going with this? LOL. I know...........wayyyy to much TMI. And Kristen........would you believe that I totaly forgot to watch my Green Bay Packers????? Ever since I moved to St. Louis, the warm weather makes me forget about football for way too long. I promise I will do better next week XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #32  
Post-Master

Oh, and Tina.........who is that in your profile picture? I can only assume that the darling little girl is your Emmy.........
Old 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Tina, Love the new avatar, hands on the hips just like the stars. You look great.

Nicole, No one has ever called me a skinny b&&ch before.. a fat one yeah... I might have heard that before...LOL... Thanks...

Joni, My daughter read that book and hence the vegan thing. I think the idea is that you eliminate all meat and meat products from your diet, plus anything unnatural, leaving not a heck of a lot to eat. She about drove me crazy there for awhile... Eating at the dorms and deciding you want to become a super picky vegan are not exactly compatible.

Kim, I've had microderm abraision a couple of times. It is just super exfoliation and leaves your skin glowing and smooth. The results don't last for all that long though, maybe a month.

Amy, I also find that the Stabilization and Maintenance phase they hardly want to talk to you at the center, but the accountability of going and weighing in is something I think I need to have. At least I have a year of the fear of going in and being weighed to keep me trying to keep my weight down. After that... We'll see.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

nicole, boil that crown and get some super glue on it!!!! hurray for you!!!

in other news.................

DH GOT A JOB!!!!!!!

:fl ow2::cheer 2:

not only that, but it is right here, NO MOVING! and the company wants him to stick around til retirement!!!! (16years give or take!!) He didn't get quite as much money as he had hoped but, he will get raises and bonuses to get him back where he should be soon. and it is all coming together!

so now no more excuses with the weight right? his first day of work is next Monday Sept. 17.

ahhhhh, I don't think it has fully hit me yet. I celebrated today by going to Sam's and stocking up on fresh fruits and veggies and good things. $140 worth! it felt nice to be able to shop again...... ok, so it was still on the credit card, and we won't get paid til probably the end of the month............but still the light at the end of the tunnel is so bright.......... I gotta wear shades!!!

Last edited by zambejaly5; 09-10-2007 at 05:59 PM.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lettie, What good news! I'm so happy for you.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #36  
Post-Master

Hooray for Lettie!!!!!!!!!! And for her DH!!! A man needs to work. That's all there is to it. I am so thrilled for you!!!! It is good you have credit for times like this, isn't it? Again............Hooray for you and your family!!!!
P.S. The crown took a 3 hour bleach bath and is now boiling away...........wish me luck
XOXO
Old 09-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #37  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Lettie - so happy to hear the good news....that's got to feel good!

Tina - I clicked on your Kodak photo gallery, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Do you know why???

Nicole - love the pumpkin picture....do you still have the pumpkin? How can you make it last until halloween?

Well, my refrigerator is dying a slow death. The applicance doctor said it's time for a new fridge. So much for my money diet! I'm off to look at refrigerators.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Nicole, Glad you are a queen with a crown again!
Krispie - Yeah on being POP
Lizzy and Katie - hello
Barbara - Glad your TO went well. I did it this weekend and didn't lose. Just maintained. That upsets me!!!!
Amy- Have fun at the Rod Run. I am sure the weather will cooperate. We haven't had ran in a while. However, the mountains do get some scattered showers due to the humidity being so high. Temperature is better than last week. YOu should have a great time if you can deal with crowds!
Kim - Congrats on your WI. I am with everyone else. They should give you more than a microderm. Talk them into whatever else you want done at half price. One of my friends did that.
Tina- Love the new picture.
Joni- Keep us informed on the Fucothin. I was thinking of starting a thread to see what kind of success people are having. Tried to use the search to find post but I do something wrong every time. Never get what I want to see.
Lettie - Whooo HOoo What a relief it is!!! Congrats! I know you are happy!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #39  

Ok, I have got to get a close up of the hair chopped off. Wanted you to see my baby too though. We played in the mountains all afternoon Sunday and this picture was at a family picnic with some out of state friends.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #40  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Love the hair Kim03! You're so brave! I have always wanted short hair but I'm too chicken to go through with it!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #41  

Kimberly - I figure it will grow back. My father was not happy. I have had long hair all my life. The length in my avitar was the shortest it had every been until I chopped it off. Last summer it was half way down my back.

TAKE OFF QUESTION - I went to WI today and did take off this weekend and I did not lose. Just maintained. Is that normal? I was looking for a big drop. At least a couple of pounds!!! Oh well.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #42  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

After a weekend if I have maintained and not gained, I am doing a happy dance off the scale!! Congrats! I almost always am up after the weekend! thats why I wait til Weds to weigh in now!
Also I have found that sometimes I do not see the effects of TO for 3 or 4 days.

Last edited by bradleys mom; 09-10-2007 at 11:41 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #43  
Post-Master

OMG, Kim.......I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! Please put a close up in your profile!!! You look adorable
Old 09-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #44  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Kim and Tina you guys look great!!! Love to see new pics.

I'm in class...but hope everyone had a great day!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #45  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone.....

A moment of silence as we remember those who lost their lives on 9/11 - six years ago! I was on business in Los Angeles and had to stay an extra week due to flight problems. It was a small price to pay by comparison.

Dr. Oz is going to be on Oprah show next Monday (Sept 17) with a new show...the Truth About Food. Maybe I'll be so grossed out that bad stuff (aka crap) won't entice me. I plan to tape/record the show. Apparently this is tied in to some program that night on the Discover Channel. Can you tell I like food info??

Hope everyone has a great day and has their food diary prominently displayed to remind them what to eat and what not to eat. I'm going to do this right now!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote