Old 09-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #151  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Amy - Cheers for you ordering sauted veggies!! You set a great example.
Felicia - I'm with you on staying home curled up in bed during a good rainstorm...we're getting some good ones today.
Lynn - thanks for posting the stabilization info....someday it will come in handy!
Lettie - your plan sounds good....and coming around here every so often will certainly help you keep focused...you can join the challenges and I swear it just keeps you more focused if you check in with us. You know, when Dan is out of town, Liz loses more weight than when he's in town....husbands can be fattening to have around. I need to ship mine somewhere...any takers?
Nicole - you're looking mighty fine all clean and made up!
Dan - Liz is too nice to smack him...so

Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Just checking in. Read all the updates. Have a great weekend!!!

Dan, we will let Liz have the honor. But I know what you mean. I do not want it to go up at ALL!!!!

Raining here. Going to snuggle up in bed and watch tv. Dad called and wanted to go to the mountains and watch it rain. Told him that was OK I have a nice bed with a feather comforter and I am going to crash. You say feather comforter. Yes, it is always under 70 in my house fall, winter, spring, summer.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #153  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok so I am so going to have to make myself a note to check this board nightly lol. I just cant keep up doing it every other day lol.

I went and WI this morning well it was almost noon. Anyway i was down 1.8 lbs from my last visit which was back on July 20. I was happy with this considering that I have been eating breakfast out, lunch at school, drive-thru snacks on the way home. I was actually shocked that there was a loss at all. And on top of all that TOM arrived about an hour after I left the center so I am thinking that my loss might be a little bit more than that. But I will stick with the 1.8 lbs!!!

I am going to sit down in a minute and plan out my menu for next week for the each day (breakfast through dinner). Normally I will plan dinner and then breakfast and lunch is just whatever but I have to plan better. I am staying on the old red plan as well the center said I did not have to change and if this plan was working for me then I should stick with it.

Ok I will stop back by this afternoon/evening and tomorrow to see if I can keep myself caught up. I am off to finish up lesson plans for september!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #154  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey y'all! back from my trip. it was a great time. the kids are getting so big and growing and learning new things. it's amazing.

i went to COD today and had the best WI...because i made it to my 40lbs today! actually i made it to 41lbs! yay! i'm so excited and pleased with myself and feel so great. i was struggling with 208 for a few weeks and finally hit 205. wow. haven't seen these low numbers in years. it's taken me about 7 months to lose 40lbs and i should've hit my original 50lb goal at the end of july, but life happens and slips happen. but i've continued on and am still making progess. slowly but surely and that's all that matters.
DH was so excited to see my face after i broke my plateau! i jumped on him and tackled him i was so happy!

anyways, just wanted to report my great news! gotta catch up on the previous posts and i'm gonna get a new pic on here too.

hope everyone's enjoying their weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

wow, 4 posts in 24 hours!! that must be a record slow for us!! where is everybody.

so far doing it my way I have lost 2 lbs. So I guess I will finally get my ticker up to date.

Going out to PF Changs tonight with DH and our best couple friends. (he is my husbands best freind she is my best friend....... best friends-couple........ couple best friends.??? you get the point) anyway. we are going on a double date to celebrate DH's new job. our friends just got back from 10 days in Hawaii..... must be rough, right! and this is the first chance that we will have to celebrate with them... so we are going out..... NO KIDS! we are leaving our 5 and thier 1 at our house...... I hope we have a house to come home to!

it is cold and rainy here today. so I think I will go cuddle up with a book or a kid or a dog or a cat.......DH?? something......

catch ya later.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

wow, Jillian, I just looked at your before and after face on your profile!!! you are a different person! good for you and congrats on the 40+!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #157  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Wow it is a slow weekend. Now this I could probably keep up with HAHA! Anyway I just had a little getting back on plan victory! I made myself a salad as a snack instead of grabbing the tortilla chips or popcorn. I dont know if its the weather change or what but i have been so not in the mood to do anything oh wait maybe it is TOM that is doing that oh well.

Jillian: CONGRATS!!!! Keep it up!!!

Lettie: have fun on your double date!

hope everyone is having a great weekend its half over already
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #158  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Whooohoooo Brit, Jillian, and Lettie!!! This is fantastic news. I am proud of all of you.......and of me too. I have stayed OP so far this weekend. This is a pretty big deal for me I am super excited to get on the sclae on monday. We can do this, we can do this, we can do this
Have a great rest of the weekend everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Jillian, Way to go! Congratulations!!! Awesome! I know I will be very excited to hit the 40pound lose. I will be excited to hit 20 and 30 pound loss!

Nicole, yeah for staying op.

I am ticked at myself because I a some of my mother's home made spagetti while Florida was beating us to death!!! Must have been emotional eating! No. I didn't have that much but got on scale today and was up 2 pounds!!! How in the world can that happen when it takes a week to lose that 2 pounds!!! GRRRRR

I won't do that again. I just weighed in at my lowest and then went back up according to my scale.

Keep OP everyone. Got to get ready for church. Later.

Last edited by Kim0303; 09-16-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #160  
WonderWoman

hey everyone! just checking in for the day. not much happening. just relaxing and needing to do some laundry and unpack my bag from my trip. gotta go back to work tomorrow afternoon, so not too bad.

i posted a new avatar pic and a new profile pic of the kids!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #161  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Jillian - your new avatar pic is gorgeous! And your kids are absolutely adorable! Congrats on your 41 pounds!

At my WI on Wednesday, I was up 3 lbs. I wasn't really shocked because of all of the non-program food we ate at DH's birthday party on Saturday - and at our Sunday School luau on Sunday. I was retaining so much fluid that my ankles actually felt tight and my rings - which had been very loose - were suddenly so tight I couldn't even turn them on my finger. When I went back yesterday, the 3 lbs were gone, so I'm back to teetering on the edge of of the 2's. I'm hopeful that I will be in Two-Topia at my next Saturday WI.

DH and DS have gone to DS's twice-weekly run clinic, so DD and I have the house to ourselves for a couple of hours. Speaking of DD, she's very quiet. I'd better go see what she's up to!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #162  
WonderWoman

wow felicia! you're so close to the 2's that you will get there this week! great job! i hate it when i eat something a bit too salty and i feel so puffy. ick. keep up the great work though!

thanks for all the compliments and congrats for me on my 41lbs. it felt great..definitely will keep me going!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #163  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Britt - you are right..it's quiet here this weekend, but sure made it easy to catch up! My weekend was jam packed and the weather was gorgeous...a slight chill in the air. I went to yoga this morning (suffice it to say, I'm the worst in the class) and then had a tennis match this afternoon and we won!!

Felicia - you can shake off that gain....just think protein, veggies and lots of water! What's a run clinic?

Jillian - a big congrats on surpassing that 40 lb mark. You're looking mighty hawt in that avatar and your children are so cute!! Whose the photographer in your family...you or DH?

Nicole - yeah for you...can't wait to hear the good news you get from your scale.

Lettie - hope you had a great time at your double date and the house was still standing..I love PF Changs!

Kim #3 - I hear ya...it takes hours on the treadmill to work off a small eating indiscretion. You'd think after 40 years of doing this, the lightbulb would go off...but it hasn't. I guess I'm just a glutten for punishment.

So, trying to be good, I prepared tilapia tonight and it was gross. I rinse my fish in a lemon water and thought it would be a good idea to let it sit in the fridge in lemon water for four hours while I went to play tennis. I like lemon, but this was just bad. DH ate it and I tossed most of my dinner. I still have a bunch left (was going to be for tomorrow), but I'm going to have to doctor this up if I'm going to eat it. Sometimes I think I'd be better off just buying a rotessiere chicken ever couple days and living off those. Lately, when I cook healthy, it's been a disappointment. No wonder I like frozen meals.

That's about it from me. If you are a Dr. Oz fan, he'll be on Oprah tomorrow (Monday) talking about the The Truth about Food.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #164  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Joni - Our kids are involved in a local running program called Rapides Junior Runners. It's one of the largest running groups for kids in the country (amazing for our relatively small area) and it consists of five races from October to March. There are usually around 1500 kids at each race. The races involve ages up to 14 who run a 2-mile race. Elizabeth started last year when she was two and ran the 1/2 mile. This year is Christopher's third year and because he's six, he's moving up to the mile.

Also this year, they are having twice-weekly run clinics for the kids involved. They do stamina drills and speed and balance work. It has been really great for Christopher - as long as Michael (DH) doesn't work with him. They tried working together the first week and Christopher absolutely would not listen to Michael, so Michael goes to work with other kids and lets another coach work with Christopher. It seems kids never want to listen to their own parents!! Christopher has a daddy who has competed in over 3 dozen triathlons, but he won't listen to any work out advice from him!!

Our photography company takes all the finish-line shots for the events, so I'm involved, too, even though I don't run yet!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #165  
WonderWoman

joni--sorry to hear about your tilapia. wonder what went wrong? just too much lemon maybe? bummer anyways. maybe some homemade tarter sauce with ff mayo or something would help? idk. not a big help since i'm a vegetarian. thanks for the comments on my pics. dh takes some pics but i do most of them actually. it took me about 20mins and about 15 pics to get a few good ones of the kids together. but the ones where they're making faces or looking away are actually the greatest ones! too cute! i kept them all!

ok, gonna go to bed. hope the weekend was great for everyone.

and nicole--can't wait to see what the WI results are!