3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   purple plan with no lites (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/122104-purple-plan-no-lites.html)

mandy0mander 09-05-2007 07:22 AM

purple plan with no lites

Hi Everyone!! What a great forum...I'm new here and have been enjoying all the advice. I have about 10-15 lbs to lose and joined LAWL last week. I started with the 2 day takeoff and then they put me on the green plan with lites. After the lites trial I asked for a plan without the lites and so was put on the purple plan with no lites. It seems like alot more food :) Does this seem right with you guys?

dolphn545 09-05-2007 07:37 AM

Just wanted to say :welcome:
Can't help much with the food plan, but somebody else will be able to.

Heather115 09-05-2007 08:22 AM

My understanding is that if you don't do lites, they bump you up a plan so you're getting enough protein, calories, etc.

Lynx 09-05-2007 12:34 PM

I will take a stab at this. I don't claim to be an expert, but I have been on the program 8 + months.
Each lite bar is between 170-180 calories with about 8 grams of protein. So if you are not doing lites, you have a deficit of 340-360 calories including 16 grams of protein. No matter what weight loss program we are on, for our bodies it is still calories in and calories out. There isn't a 350 calorie difference between the green plan and the gold plan and the protein servings are the same for green and gold. So that is why, I believe, that they need you to jump up to the purple plan when you are not doing lites.

mandy0mander 09-06-2007 02:21 PM

Thanks so much guys, great advice!

Mama Nicole 09-06-2007 03:03 PM

Lynn........what happened to your avatar picture?

SWT97 09-11-2007 09:21 PM

I am wondering what the purple plan consist of? I would like to try the program without the lites for the option.

LadyZaidi 12-29-2007 10:04 PM

I have a HUGE favor to ask. I'm on Gold right now, but I'll be switching to Purple w/o lites as soon as I run out of bars. I don't have my old Purple book anymore, and I really need to know:

1) which protein servings differ between Purple and Gold and

2) what the Purple protein serving sizes are (only for portions that differ from Gold).

I know it's a LOT to ask someone to type up, but I'd be forever thankful. Or, if someone has a scanner and could scan it and email it to me at Ladyzaidi @ aol . com that would be equally appreciated.

lacorso 12-30-2007 06:08 AM

i believe this is the correct portion size, it was sent to me some time ago..correct me if i am wrong guys...i will be starting back up on purple plan soon..:carrot:
2 P, 4 V, 3 Fruit, 2 S, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat

Protein portion sizes (raw wt, if cooked subtract one ounce) Non-vegetarian clients may select from the vegetarian protein list but it's recommended to do so in moderation.

Beef 6 oz; Calamari 7oz; Chicken Breast or ground white meat 8 oz
Cottage Cheese 3/4 c
Eggs - 3 whole large (6 per week max) or 3/4 c egg beaters
Ricotta Cheese, part skim 6 oz
Roast Beef (luncheon meat, low fat, low sodium, thin sliced) 8 slices
Shrimp 7 oz
Tuna, canned drained 6 oz
Turkey breast or ground white meat 7 oz

Veg Proteins
Beans anytype, bagged - 2 c
1% cottage cheese 3/4 c
Lentils - 2 c cooked
Miso - 5 oz
Nuts - 5 Tablespoons
Seeds - 5 Tablespoons
Peanut Butter - 3 Tablespoons
Vegetarian burger any variety 2
Vegetarian hot dog any variety 2

LadyZaidi 12-30-2007 09:03 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Linda! You're a great help!

ontheupside 12-30-2007 09:11 AM

would this be the appropriate plan for me? I am 10 pounds from goal and go to the gym for over 5hrs each week with cardio/weights and pilates...I dont want to use lites, would I be on this plan or red?? Thanks in advance, Im new here!

marzbe 12-30-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheupside (Post 1973117)
would this be the appropriate plan for me? I am 10 pounds from goal and go to the gym for over 5hrs each week with cardio/weights and pilates...I dont want to use lites, would I be on this plan or red?? Thanks in advance, Im new here!

Red. I'm maintaining on red w/lites with the same type of workout habits. If you want to stay away from lites, I would add on an exta half protein before your workout. It'll make a difference in the energy you have.

ontheupside 12-30-2007 10:31 PM

So red plus half protein more on the days I work out only...NOT for maintennance, but weight loss....right? THANKS EVERYONE!

LadyZaidi 06-21-2008 11:34 PM

Tomorrow I'm finally switching from GOLD with bars to PURPLE without bars. If you are doing Purple w/o bars, I'd love to hear how it's going for you.

LadyZaidi 06-24-2008 07:53 AM

Bump.

Still hoping to hear some feedback from those who are doing this plan. Thanks. :)