Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody!!!

Nance-Nice to see you back!

Kim #3, hang in there chickie, you're doing things right and it WILL pay off...patience grasshopper!

Heather-HI!!!! Glad things are going good for you!

Liza-Welcome back!

Amy-I'm going to WI tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks too. I was such a big all last week that I was afraid of the scale, gonna go tomorrow and face the music! LOL I've been POP 3 days in a row so maybe thats helped, we'll see. Its taken me 8 weeks to get through 6 weeks of stabilization because I keep messing up!

My SIL is sending me the dress she wore for her sons wedding last fall to see if I might want to wear it. I'm thinking it might be a tad tight so I'm gearing myself up for a few weeks of weight loss if it doesnt fit. Its a gorgeous dress and I would love to be able to wear it so we'll see what happens there!

Everybody else, have an amazing day!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #47  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Joni - A 10K...wow! I've done 5k's, but haven't been brave enough to try 10. But I wanted you to know that you inspired me. When you said that you were going to do a race, I had wished that I had signed up for one somewhere...I just never found one close enough to home to do and then forgot about it. So on Labor Day I thought, I can just do a 5k on my own! So I did....3.4 miles to be exact and jogged the entire 3.4 miles! So I'm pretty proud of myself. The last time I did that was in 2001! Those 5k's do become a little addictive though...must be the competitor in me.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #48  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey there everybody.. I was down to 197 today, so cross your fingers that the last couple of pounds are only a few days away.. Just gotta stay POP and get my a$$ off the couch..

Hope you all have a great day!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #49  

Way to go Dan!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #50  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Dan - congrats......something tells me you don't sit on the couch very long!!

Felicia - can't wait to hear the results of your WI...good luck! As far as exercise DVDs go, I have to say I wasn't a fan of the Yoga Booty Ballet - matter of fact, I returned it to get my money back. I have a lot of workout tapes and one of my favorites when just getting back into working out are the WOTP (Walk Off the Pounds) and you can get those at Wally World.....

Nance - it's so good to see you. Where the heck did you go? How far is Huntington Beach from San Diego (where Liza is).

Tina - I'd rather be able to jog/run a 5K than fast walk a 10K....I just can't do the running thing for too long...I seem to have a hip/leg/sciatic nerve problem that won't go away. Well, it may go away when the last 26 lbs go away!

Where are Cassi, Katie, Kristen, Pearl and a whole bunch of other folks? Quit hiding and say hello!!!

Last edited by Joni135; 09-05-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #51  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I've been out of touch since Monday so there isn't time for many personals. Looks like everyone did pretty with their plans over the holiday, wish I could say the same I'm on the POP challenge and started yesterday. My goal is to be POP until my beach trip next week. Then my goal for vacation is to enjoy myself and my family while staying as close to plan as possible.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #52  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends
I haven't even read anything yet today.....it has been a busy morning.....but wanted to let any of you who are interested know that I put a picture of one of my dresses on my webshots this a.m. It is not the photo I will be using for my site, as I need a model for it for that. I have to run DD to school right now, but I have a story or two to tell when I get back. I will catch up with you all then
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #53  
Katy66

Looking forward to the stories Nicole
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #54  
LAWL since 9/06

GM everyone,

Nicole - I finally got a chance to look at your website again and those blankets are fantastic. I have a neighbor that is due with their second baby girl this month and may buy one of those for them. Plus another neighbor that has a little girl too and may buy one for them as well. They are incredible. You are amazing. I also looked at your dress in the webshots and it is amazing. You truly have found your calling.

Kimberly - I would take the lites, but I have quit using them. I was kind of getting sick of them at the time the center closed. And smores were my favorite.

Joni - congrats on the 10K. I would be lucky to run down the street. Never was a runner. Walking I could probably handle though.

Best get to work and will talk to all later. Have a great POP day everyone

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #55  
Post-Master

Ok ladies…….and Dan…….I am back from bringing DD to school.

Heather……..congrats on being down again. You are getting so close to goal.

Felicia…….I am crossing my fingers for the two topia. It will happen soon, and I am really pulling for it to happen this week.

Kim…….can you wear Crocks to work? I know they are ugly…..but they saved my knees on my ceramic tile floors. When we moved into our current house, I had never had ceramic tile……and suddenly I was on it all day long……and I was a hurtin unit. Now, my ceramic tile is all gone…….and I still wear crocks all day long. Although I hate how they look, they really do help.

Alannah……that overtime is going to come in so handy with moving. It is always way more expensive than you plan for.

Hi Barbara and Amy

Dixie Amy…..crossing my fingers that the sclae will be good to you.

Kim #2……..I hope the dress fits…..when you try it on….take a picture for us, I am dying to see it.

Tina…….wow……I think you are quite brave for signing up for any race. I am a big chicken.

Oh, congrats Dan!!!! It’s so nice to see a change in the right direction on that sclae, isn’t it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post
Where are Cassi, Katie, Kristen, Pearl and a whole bunch of other folks? Quit hiding and say hello!!!
Yeah, Joni……that’s what I have been wondering myself. And Angie, Wendy(s), Lettie, Makena, and so many otheres.

Hi Katy………….you can do this J

Hi Kimberly!!!

Ok……..so here is my story. I mentioned the other day that my new dentist (who replaced my retired dentist) would not cement my loose crown back in…….and that I have been thinking of switching dentists………well, last night DH and I decided to have a “romantic dinner.” After we put the kids to bed, we fondued filet and had lobster tail. DH’s boss had given it as a gift, and we finally decided to eat it (I am doing FF, so it was perfect). So, around 10:00 pm we finally started eating. Well, I had taken my crown out earlier in the day in a feeble attempt to re-cement it myself. The cement made it sit too low and my bite didn’t feel right……so I had it soaking to remove any of the cement. This is a molar…….not a front tooth or anything…….anyway…..as I started eating the filet, I decided I wanted to have my crown in in order to eat the filet (the crown stays in while eating, it just comes out if I am chewing gum)……so I discreetly took the cup to the bathroom to put one said tooth back into my mouth. (I was really trying not to ruin the mood)……….and……..I sat back down at the table…..began eating…..and the filet was a bit tough because we had the oil a little too hot……..and when I went to bite down on the crown side, it hurt because the tooth was still not sitting right from the excess cement…….so I moved the food to the other side of my mouth and swallowed……….MY CROWN!!!!!! Yep…..I ate my own freeking tooth. How’s that for a fatty boombilaty story? So, there is a whole lot of money sitting in my digestive system somewhere…….and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it. It was so gross. Totally killed the mood. I started crying……….not only because I look stupid now…….and not only because the cost of the repair…….but because I started worrying that it is going to get stuck somewhere. I tried to make myself vomit (sorry TMI), but I just couldn’t do it. I don’t know how those bulimics pull it off. It has a big old post sticking out of it. Do you think I should be worried? Do you think I need to call my MD? I feel like such an idiot. But at the same time……..it’s just so damn funny. And………I leave for Germany in 3 weeks, and the very last thing I want to spend $$$ on is a dentist bill. Pisses me off too, cuz the crown is only 1 year old. Whatever. So, t hat is my story………..

Anyway…….I am happy to report that I stayed OP. It helped that I made my muscles super sore when trying to retrieve the crown…..so I didn’t eat much of anything. So gross……I know.

So, how was your evening? LOL

Ok, back to work for me………
XOXO
Old 09-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #56  
Post-Master

Thanks Lizzy
Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #57  

LOL Nicole, I gotta stop reading your posts at work, I literally laugh out loud then the kids look at me like I've lost my mind. I'm sorry your evening was ruined but I couldnt help but laugh. The crown should uhhhh pass right through all by itself so I dont think I would worry about it. Now getting it back is a different topic all together! LOL
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

Well I finally got brave and stepped on the scale (and jumped right back off again!) Up about 6 pounds from my low weight. Oh my. So tomorrow and friday will be a take off for me and then probably some time on weight loss. I just hope they do come off more easily this time than they did when I was on weight loss, as I think it took me about 10 weeks to lose those 6 pounds and I'm just sick that they are back! Actually it is recoverable, seeing as it is after a 3 week vacation and 10 days of being sick, it could be worse. I'd be on take off today but my company has a fiscal year end party tonight that I said I'd go and we are too small of an office to beg off and not get the office admin mad at me as she spent a lot of time arranging it.

Oh well... I think I'll do the grapefruits this time. I believe I've had the best results from the grapefruit.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #59  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Morning all,

I'm finally getting over this darn cold and starting to get back into the swing of things.

Amylou- Love the new avatar. Lookin good!!!

Liza- Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

Nicole- The blankies and the dress are awesome. That bonnet is just too adorable too. I know that this will be a success for you! Big bummer that you swallowed your crown and ruined the romantic mood. I wouldn't be too worried about the post unless it was sharp. You could do a poop search over the next couple of days to retreive the tooth. EWWW! Ok maybe not....but it wouldn't hurt to do it anyway so that you know it came out ok.

Alannah- Great job on resisting those cookies!!! That's a huge NSV.

Joni- Awesome job on the 10K. I could probably do one if it was fast walking all the way. Too much junk in the trunk for this girl to be running.

Nance- Welcome back! Good to see you!

Barb- That sounds like a super nice day with DH, and got some exercise to boot.

Jillian- Have fun on your trip home.

Felicia- How did WI go? You will be in two-topia in no time!

Kim3- I hope your knee is getting better. I am on my feet on a concrete floor all day too. I ended up getting some really good arch supports and some really good shoes. Makes all the difference in the world. There used to be days I would literaly cry for the first hour of my day because my feet hurt so bad when I got out of bed.

Dan- Great job on seeing 197!! I keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks for you.

And a big "HI" to Katy, Nanette, Kimberly, Sherry, Laurie, Kim2, Heather, Amy, Tina, Liz and all the rest of you chicks that are MIA!!

My new avatar is of me and DH from SIL's wedding party. I put a full length picture of me in the dress in my profile pic. I got lots of good reactions and got flirted with a lot at the party. Made me feel on top of the world.

Have a great day everybody!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #60  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Deb – Wow, look at you! I took a peek at your profile picture and you look fantastic!

Nicole – what luck? I’m sorry, but the visual you created is quite funny! So much for setting the mood! Like Deb said, you’ll have to do a poop search just to make sure it passed. Ewww!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote