Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #16  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kim - from everything I've read, you really don't start to see the benefits until about 6 weeks into taking the fucothin. Tina's the only one that's been taking it that long. You can PM Boo's Mom (LeaAnn) and see what she has to say about it. My shipment should be here tomorrow or Tuesday and then I'll start......boy, I hope it helps!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #17  
it's always something

We've been investigating this, and were intrigued by the OP's comment that Women's World magazine said Dr. Weil recommended fucothin. We've received verification from Dr Weil that he did not recommend this product and did not authorize Women's World magazine to make that claim. Dr. Weil said it would take massive amounts of fucothin to see any benefit, because the substance is poorly absorbed by humans.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for letting us know this Suzanne. I glad you are watching out for us as I am sure that you have learned so much while working with this site.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #19  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

So has anyone other than Tina had any results from this yet? Just wondering.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:40 PM   #20  

We had read before starting the fucothin that you need to take it consistently for about 6 weeks before you are supposed to see any results. I have been taking it for 3 1/2 weeks. The change that I do notice is that I have more energy, but I am not wired. I am less tired. I am still hoping that it will boost my metabolism. I bought 2 months supply so I am continuing on my little individual research on fucothin.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #21  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Lynn for letting me know your progress. If it gives you more energy without "wiring you up" I just may try it.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #22  

I have been taking Fucothin since 9/6/07. I really have not changed my eating habits all that much and have not added any exercise at all. I just checked before this post and I have lost almost 2 inches from my waistline. I bought 2 bottles of it and will continue until I use up all the pills. To add to the mix, I am taking Chantix to quit smoking! Do you think I have a full plate? I'll try to post as things change.
Suiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #23  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I, too, bought a couple bottles. In all honesty, I have a very hard time remembering to take the pills (one at each main meal/3 a day). Nothing has really happened to me weight wise, but I've only been taking it a few weeks. I also think my mindset says no pills really work to speed up weight loss and that I should just stick with my multi-vitamin and calcium+D tablet.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #24  
New mommy again :-)

I don't know...I am still kinda hooked on it. I'm still having a steady weight loss...I've been taking it for 4 months now, I think. I just ordered 2 more bottles. My energy level is pretty stable, so I figure if it's not broke, don't fix it
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #25  

I just finished my 5th week on fucothin yesterday. So far I have not seen an increase in my weight loss, but what I continue to see is that I have more energy and I am lless tired which is a good thing. I am rationalizing the more energy as a sign that my metabolism has picked up. I have been exercising like crazy especially this week. I finish my last bottle at the end of the month so I am waiting 2 more weeks before I decide what to do. I am leaning toward ordering 2 more bottles just because of the energized feeling I have. I am not wired, just energized. If you knew me better, you would agree this is a big statement for me to make.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 49 lbs.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #26  

Hello All,

I am new to this thread and this is my 1st post on 3FC. It's been 60 days since anyone has commented and I was wondering what the consensus was? Is anyone having success? I am thinking about purchasing the Fucothin and am wondering if I'm wasting my money. The price at Vitacost and Vitamin Shoppe is now $34.97 for 90. Does anyone taking it feel that it's worth it and is it reducing your hunger or your desire to eat? That's what I'm hoping to find.
Rav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #27  
New mommy again :-)

I've been taking them for the past 6 months. I wouldn't say that it helps with reducing hunger. I do feel that it boosts my metabolism. With all of the antioxidants in it, it seems to make me feel better overall.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #28  
JMS
Pillsbury Dough Girl

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'0

Question Does anyone recommend Fuco Thin??

Thanks to all for posting about Fuco Thin. I'm leaning towards trying yet another product weight loss product. Can anyone update me on their FT experience. In reading the threads it seems to be an energizer, but is it helping to lose bodyfat?
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 154/151.3/130

Height: 5'6"

Default fucothin still undecided

I have been using Fucothin (3 gel caps, 3 times per day for almost 3 weeks) so far I haven't seen much difference. I am also doing weight watchers on my own, no meetings this time. I lost 2 lbs my first week and so far that's been it. I"m turning 40 this year and in the last few months i've tried low carb and now Weight Watchers (again) and nothing seems to be working for me. My doctor checked my thyroid levels and they were perfect. I've also added in daily walking/running and alternating with bike riding, i've lost nothing but I have noticed I don't look as bloated in my stomach. I don't know if this has anything to do with the Fucothin or not. I purchased mine at the vitamin shoppe for around 30.00 and it came with some samples of a protein bar and two other things. The brand i'm using is Garden of Life and includes the Pomegranade Seed Oil. It does state on the bottle that it may take 6 weeks of continued use to see the thermogenic response, so I intend to keep using it. I'll update if I see any changes.
sc mom of 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #30  

Hi, this is my first post here .

I went to Dr. Weil's site because I wanted to read what he said about fucothin. He didn't say that someone needed massive amounts of fucothin, he said that one would need to consume massive amounts of wakame. Fucothin is what has been extracted from the seaweed wakame. I have no idea if fucothin works for weight loss, but I wanted to clarify what he said.

He stated :
"Next on the agenda are studies to see if fucoxanthin works as well in humans as in rats. In the meantime, don't think you can lose weight by eating lots of seaweed. You would have to eat enormous amounts of wakame before you would get enough fucoxanthin to see even the slightest effect on weight, because the substance is bound tightly to proteins in the seaweed and is not easily absorbed in the form of whole seaweed"
tara1245 is offline   Reply With Quote