Old 08-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Need some encouragement...or maybe a kick in the backside???

I am in dire need of some encouragement. I live 50 miles from my center, and can only make it over to it a couple of times a month, weekly at most. I have not had very good success this go-round. I lost 21 pounds on lawl 2 years ago, only to gain it back plus five. I have been back on for about 6 weeks, kept losing and gaining back the same 5 lbs the first few weeks. When I was over last week, I forgot my takeoff(should have done it this past monday/tuesday), and also forgot to pick up another journal. Well, I guess my forgetting these things did a number on me, as I can't seem to get anything right this week, and have gained back to 2 or 3 lbs over my start weight.
Any help, advice, encouragement, criticism????? My problems seem to start in the afternoon--I manage to stay on plan until then....I have been trying to cook "family" meals since school has started back, and just can't seem to resist the things that aren't for "me".
THANKS!!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there, Donna!

Are you using the Lites? If not, are you using a substitute like Luna bars? It sounds like you might be going too long between meals and getting too hungry. This makes it too hard to resist temptation. Don't forget, you've got to eat every 3-4 hours or your mind starts playing tricks on you. You can do this! Don't give up.
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  

Yes, I am using lites. I was doing the summer meltdown--takeoff every 2 weeks, alternate days with jetstart for breakfast/slimdown meal replacement for lunch, and 2 lites--1 bar, 1 drink/soup/shake. I do eat every 3 to 4 hours, but am just having trouble staying on plan this week, esp. in the late afternoon and evening. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #4  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

You've got it going on, girl! You're much more hardcore than I am! Just hang in there and as the old cliche' goes "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!"
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Try to keep your menu's interesting. If you are only doing shakes, soups, bars, etc...it is artificial eating... try to eat "normal" meals. Otherwise, you will get bored and fed up...and lets face it - that is when we look for "better" things to eat!!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenLucia View Post
Try to keep your menu's interesting. If you are only doing shakes, soups, bars, etc...it is artificial eating... try to eat "normal" meals. Otherwise, you will get bored and fed up...and lets face it - that is when we look for "better" things to eat!!
I think this is probably where I am at!! Maybe what I need is some meal suggestions.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Here is a very quick easy meal idea I have been doing lately. It's good left over too.

Cook a chicken breast in the oven. When it is done sprinkle some italian spices on it (parsley, garlic, basil, maybe a little oregano) & then pour over some no-salt added tomato sauce. Sprinkle with morton lite salt & top off with a piece of low-fat Swiss cheese (I get Jarlsburg brand from Kroger near the deli). Put back in the oven until cheese melts. You could also make a couple pieces of garlic toast to go with it (2pcs. of lite bread with 1TBSP of low-fat margarine sprinkled with garlic & maybe some parsley & put in the oven until brown. If you are against using canned tomatoes (even with no-salt added) you can throw a tomato in the blender for the same effect.

Hope this helps
Kathryn
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #8  

Ooohhh! Thanks for that suggestion!! Sounds really good--think I might be able to do that for family also. That is my problem---so afraid to make things my family won't eat! Does anyone have a good on-plan meatloaf recipe?? Would like one that I could use extra-lean hb meat or ground turkey breast. Thanks again!!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #9  
LAWL since 9/06

Donna,

When I make meatloaf I use GB and Pork mixed together. It gives it a nice, different flavor than plan old GB. You could also add Pork to the ground Turkey as well. I add one egg and breadcrumbs. I also add garlic powder, little lite salt, pepper and any other spice you may want to add. Get creative with the spices. It makes a world of difference.

I have also found some really good chicken sausage. It is low calorie, low salt. I don't even eat them with a bun. Just cut it up with some mustard and good to go. I found this at Sam's Club. There are so many things you can do. Like me so often though, don't forget to take something out of the freezer. I always forget to take something out and then we end up eating out or having breakfast for dinner. LOL

Hope this helps
Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #10  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Donna:

Look through the recipies at the top of this forum. There are tons of them. YOu can find some good ones with the exchanges listed.

Last edited by aguerin; 08-31-2007 at 11:40 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote