Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #1  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Default Name change Press Release

Thought you all might be interested in this press release. It was sent to me on the La at Home website...

Quote:
Thank you for your continued business with L A Weight Loss and the L A at Home site. Our company has made a very exciting announcement; please read on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L A Weight Loss Centers, Inc. Announces Name Change to Pure Weight Loss, Inc.
Name Reflects Mission and Focus of National Weight Loss Company
HORSHAM, Pa., Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The country's largest weight loss chain that offers both one-on-one counseling and the option to eat your own food is changing its name to Pure Weight Loss, Inc. from L A Weight Loss Centers, Inc.

Three years ago the company was divided in half with one owner taking control of all corporate owned and operated centers (L A Weight Loss Centers, Inc.) and the other became the franchisor of the franchise owned centers. Since then the two separate companies have grown in different directions with distinctly different program changes, cultures and business methods. Because of this, the corporate owned and operated centers have changed their name to Pure Weight Loss.

"There was a lot of confusion in the marketplace because you had two different companies with the same name operating their businesses differently. By changing our name to Pure Weight Loss, we now have complete control over our brand and reputation. We chose 'Pure' because it better represents our focus and mission to offer healthy and effective weight loss programs to the public", said Vahan Karian, Chairman and CEO of Pure Weight Loss, Inc., formerly L A Weight Loss Centers, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will notice our name change to Pure Weight Loss and Pure at Home on the website very soon.

Thank you again for being a valuable L A Weight Loss member and for continuing on as a Pure Weight Loss client!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

How do we know if our cod is corporate owned or a franchise?? I did ask the manager at my cod if the name was changing several weeks(at least 2--probably 3) ago. She said no--but I sure thought it was corporate-owned, but it must be a franchise if that is the case. I wonder when the center employees would be told they are changing? I know......lots of ????s

Last edited by donnakd; 08-30-2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: needed to add more!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #3  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Tina - thanks for sharing. This is good to know and it explains a few things!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #4  
LAWL since 12/28/2006

S/C/G: 258/216/150

Height: 5' 6"

Check your contract. It will have the corporate name and if it is a franchise, will have the statement - An independent franchisee of LA Weight Loss.
Sharon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #5  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the info - it explains why some of us are getting mixed messages.

Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #6  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Guess I'm going to what will soon be a pure weight loss center. I learned at WI last week that they were "bought out" by corporate. This makes me wonder if my plan will change again though. Isn't it the corporate centers that are using the glycemic index and staying on the colored plans? We changed to the numbered plans a month or so ago. Dang! I'm so confused!!!!! Wonder if they will require us to sign a new contract?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Katy- Mine is a corporate center and so I am going to say no, you won't change back to the colored plans. I don't see why they would have you sign another contract either.

Last edited by MTdebster921; 08-31-2007 at 06:23 PM.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #8  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

If you are part of a franchise and have paid for the LA at Home website, you may want to check if you can still log in. I just tried and I can't get to the website anymore. Since my COD has been acting clueless - it should prove to be interesting.
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Default Thank you for clearing that up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon59 View Post
Check your contract. It will have the corporate name and if it is a franchise, will have the statement - An independent franchisee of LA Weight Loss.
I just checked my contract and my COD is a Franchise. This explanation makes sooooo much sense of the name changes and differences in COD information.

Wow

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:58 PM   #10  
Katy66

Thanks Deb, that helps!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #11  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

My cod was a franchise but also just announced that they have been "bought out" by corporate so are changing their name to Pure Weight Loss. In addition, (supposedly...I'm not sure that even I believe them anymore, there have been so many changes lately), we are supposed to be getting a whole new (and "improved!") line of products.

With the change in bars, change in plans, change in personnel and now changes in names & other products...I don't even know if I am coming or going anymore!

I do wish that they'd settle down for a bit...but I am crossing my fingers that these changes will be positive and not just changes for change sake...
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #12  

Just wanted to check in with an update about my center in NYC. My COD has always has been a corporate center, they changed the name to Pure Weight Loss about a week ago and today I received my new "plan" book. We are still using the colored plans, so I'm still on Gold - the date on the back of my book is 3/07. The diary is the same we've been using for a couple of years.

All the lists are pretty much the same, I haven't looked at them in-depth. There are stars next to low-glycemic items, and items with a bullet point next to them are consume infrequently - like a bagel. there's a page with an explanation of the glycemic index and an additional foods list that you can incoporate into your menu but in moderation. There maybe some additional restaurant listings, but I didn't look at that yet.

The GI additional food list (which is 13 items) pretty much says that you can have a regular slice of multi-grain, pumpernickel, rye or sourdough bread - 1-1oz slice as one starch. Or you can still just have your 1 slice of 40 calorie bread as 1S.

Still have Carb Cravers - 1-2X a week , and Frozen 5X a week max. Still 2S, SP, 3V, 3F, 1D, 1Fat, 2 lites.
No plates, packaged entrees, etc.

I'm kinda bummed that we're not using the Feel Full numbered plans, so I may follow it unofficially and continue my WIs at COD until my WL weeks run out. I think I was looking forward to something different to get me out of the rut/plateau.

Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote