Old 08-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #1  

Default New to Forum

Hi there,
I am new to this forum and signed up because I thought it might be useful. I started LAWL about 2 years ago and quit after a few months. I recently rejoined but again I have problems sticking to the plan. I have done prettty much every diet out there and have had success with them all. It is just that after the program or half way through i give up and the weight comes back on. For some reason though I have a tough time starting to get the groove of LAWL. I have done other much more extreme diets and been able to stick to them for at least a few months. THe reason I want to do LAWL is because it is balanced in food groups. I will plan my day or week out on paper but when it comes down to eating something i just crave something else and i just have to will power these days. I know that all i need is one or two good weeks and i will be on a roll, I just need to get over that hump.
Any suggesstions for begginers motivation?
Thanks
L
Lily L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Welcome to the site L!
You will find such great advice and motivation from every one here! Remember to set small goals in the beginning, even if it's one full day of being POP! Then another, then another, and before you know it you've lost 5lbs! Pick new foods, foods you enjoy, and things that keep you full! I work/go to school so I force myself to eat what I bring for lunch, even if it's not what I have a taste for that day.
BEST OF LUCK to you!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Just wanted to say
This is my 4th time restarting LAWL, and I still have issues with resisting temptations, but this is a lifelong eating process, and will take time! Try not to get discouraged, and learn from your past eating habits. We all have our slip ups, but the key is to recognize them, and then get right back on track with eating properly.
Good Luck!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Lily!!!

Think of the plan as a lifestyle change, not a diet. Like Amy said, take it one day at a time. Plan your meals ahead of time so you won't have to struggle with it during the day. After a short time, the plan will become second nature to you. I can very easily figure out the foods in my head now without having to write it down. I have it embedded in my brain I guess!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #5  

First of all i want to say Welcome!!! And i was in your boat just 3 weeks.....i would plan on eating somthing healthy..but come lunch time i was wanting somthing else.....and i felt like i was doing good because all i was drinking was water...till i stepped on the scale last week.....and it said XXX lol.....i usually go to town every day to buy my lunch.......but....my fiance and i are going through a tough time with bills.....and he works at a chicken plant...so we get all the chicken we want......so ive been preparing my meals at home every night for the day after....chicken and some kind of veggie......no...its not what i want every day but we are consolidating money.....and eating healthy....so i guess that is my motivation!!! eating healthy...can save you lots!!!! (health wise and wallet wise) loL!! Good luck dear!!
afb0407 is offline   Reply With Quote