Height: 5'6"

StillTryin:--YOU GO GIRL!!
Be sure and let us know how it goes.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #17  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Thanks, I am getting ready now! My hair turned out NICE...I LOVE IT. And she did my nails toooooo as a special treat for me...they are SHORT, but manicured.....I am getting my face and clothes on now..so I will let you know how it goes!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #18  

Big news. My TOM finally started. TMI??? It should have started the beginning of August. I have been crampy all month. I thought (was hoping) that maybe the menopause thing was here, but I guess not yet. Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe that will help with the weight loss efforts. Maybe by Thursday morning, I'll be down a pound! I sure hope so.

Any news on the job interview??
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #19  
Gettin Closer!!

Congrats on TOM Tammy...

Ok my interview went well, it lasted 45 minutes. They asked a few questions, there were some "what if" senarios and a roll play (which I hate, but I did pretty good). Then I asked about the timeline to let the person know and he said within a day or so, but his regional manager said "you are definately in the running"....OMG I am so excited. There are only like 10 women working in this position for this company....so I am feeling good. They both agreed and liked many of my replys. They also mentioned that they liked that I am not in a rush and looking for a "good fit" for my family with a company. So I think I have a GOOD chance, but now I have to wait!!!! GRRRRR. My hubby figures I should know by noon tomorrow since the regional manager is leaving town in the morning to head to another state and has to be there by 5pm! So I hope he is right! WISH me luck and keep your fingers crossed a little longer for me. Any thoughts?
Oh and out of the 18 applicants that they interviewed, they called back 6, I was the only woman who was interviewed at all.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #20  

Stilltryin, what you say sounds very encouraging!!! Let us know as soon as you find out!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #21  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hello!

I haven't been on the board for quite a while. Much has happened in my life. I separated from my husband and have been apart for almost 1 month. I didn't realize how much he heald me back in the eating and exercise department until now. I am eating healthier and now going to a gym 3 times a week with my coworker. The other days I'm working out at home. I haven't felt better.

I did gain some weight before I moved out, but I'm back down to 220. I want to lose 10 pounds by the end of September. I believe I can do it now. I have no junk food in the house and really don't crave any. I eat a pretty big and filling breakfast and lunch and then dinner is a salad. I try to eat 2 snacks during the day. I noticed that if I eat more smaller meals, the weight comes off. I won't weigh myself again until Monday. I hope to see some results, even if it's just a pound! That's 4 sticks of butter!
debalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #22  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
Welcome to a new week Alli-cats, and Alli-gators!
I forgot to look for the new thread! Hi everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Thingirl, I can help with the 24 hour buffet!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellin View Post
Anyone else have trouble remembering to take their pills?
Sometimes I forget and take one like an hour later, sometimes I can't remember if I if or not? so I take another

Quote:
I have a hair appointment a couple hours before for a wash and style (she always does such a good job for $8)
8.00?? wow that is so inexpensive, I don't think i've had a hair appointment under 30.00

Quote:

Ok my interview went well, it lasted 45 minutes. They asked a few questions, there were some "what if" senarios and a roll play (which I hate, but I did pretty good).
oh I hate that kind of thing too, they really put you on the spot to think on your feet Glad to hear it went well, hope you hear some good news soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debalina View Post
I haven't been on the board for quite a while. Much has happened in my life. I separated from my husband and have been apart for almost 1 month. I didn't realize how much he held me back in the eating and exercise department until now. I am eating healthier and now going to a gym 3 times a week with my coworker. The other days I'm working out at home. I haven't felt better.
Hi debalina, Glad to hear you are doing so much better now thatyou are separated Sounds like you are on the right track to some good weightloss toning up.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #23  
Gettin Closer!!

Yeah I am excited to hear today (hopefully). The gal who does my hair I can get it cut, colored (hi & low lights), wash, dry and style for $50-$60. I love it! I had a wash/style yesterday and had a set of nails put on for $45, granted I tip her well, but the actual cost is cheap! I think she is great too!

Last edited by StillTryin; 08-29-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #24  

debalina, I'm always sorry to hear about a marriage ending, but in your case it sounds like you are doing better! I'll be keeping you in my prayers that you will stay strong and do what is right for you!!! Sounds like you have a plan of attack for the weight loss. Just keep checking in for the support that is so graciously given at this site.

Stilltryin, your hairdresser sounds like mine with the prices. I know that people are amazed that she charges so low. I've been going to her since 1987. I remember that because I started going to her right before I found out I was pregnant. She tells Tim that she's known him since he was conceived. He just rolls his eyes. lol

Glad that my TOM started, but I'm cramping so bad today and flooding. I am afraid to leave the house. I had a list for Wal Mart. Hubby just left with my list.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #25  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Ever feel like you are talking to yourself? I get that alot here. I wish all all the best in your journey alligators! Good luck to you all!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #26  
Gettin Closer!!

Melissa, I know what you mean sometimes...lol
You know you are doing good. Why does it say 0 weeks on Alli? Arent you taking it anymore? Whats going on?

Debalina, Good luck with your divorce, marriage break ups are always hard, but it sounds like you have your life in control and will be fine! GOOD LUCK we are all here for you!

Well my saga continues. I sent an email to thank the manager for the second
interview and his reply came within the hour saying:
Quote:
Thank you again for coming by and interviewing with us again. We certainly
appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about the Sales Consultant
position. [name removed] and I will be making our decision shortly and will let
everyone know what our decision is. Thank you very much for your time.
it doesnt sound positive or negative, so what do you all think? Darn I wish they would just CALL already!!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #27  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

well...like I said the other day, I started over on monday. Made a fresh start
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #28  
Gettin Closer!!

Oh OK, I misunderstood it then, so you are starting really "FRESH"..lol
I have done OK now this week, not perfect but not BAD, so I am hoping I am kinda back on again!
Good luck Melissa, you will be fine!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #29  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday! It's super-hot here in Michigan. Thunderstorm is expected this afternoon which should help cool things off. I'm grateful to have a/c.

Debalina - welcome and good luck with your personal life. It sounds like you're on the right track!
StillTryin- sounds like a typical after-interview response. Get out of the house, go for a walk, anything to keep busy! We're all anxious to hear!!
Tammy-you sound just like me last week. I also didn't want to leave the house but didn't have a choice (had to go to work). I got almost no sleep, getting up hourly to change a tampon, etc. Sorry, TMI. How sweet of your dh to go do the shopping.

I had a good day yesterday except for some unplanned snacks. I took the kids to the park to go swimming and we met up with friends. She brought chips, chex mix, pretzles, pb & J sandwiches for everyone and drinks. I overindulged in the chips/chex mix. I didn't have time to pack anything before we left (came home from work, changed clothes & left). A good piece of advice - always keep some granola bars in the car. Oh well. All the rest of the meals yesterday went well and I'm doing well today!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Sure Fire way to get the interview results:

Put on your grubbiest clothes and start mucking around in the garden or working on your car--something that gets you really nasty.

Almost guarantees that you'll get a call asking you to come in and talk some more, RIGHT NOW!!

heheheheheheheheh

Keep Breathing,
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote