Old 08-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #1  

Default Hi L.A. Weight Loss Folks!

I've actually never heard of this plan isn't that funny since I'm a lifelong Los-Angelino & yoyo dieter, I'm like "L.A. Weight Gain," LOL....

Hey I'm curious about something, this program seems to go by a lot of names, but in my other post poking fun at Woman's World magazine, the current one has one of those ladies standing in her old "fat pants" with the thumbs up and she says that there was this "magic" system that did it they were quoting some exec from L.A. Weight Loss I believe.

Basically what it said was, two days a week you do this thing with 2 Luna bars (which I love!) , 6 oz of protein, one cantaloupe and a yada yada....basically a lower calorie & carb day than the other five which are kind of like a regular type diet.

This is supposed to "turbo-charge" the weight loss? I was thinking of incorporating that into my current (Mediterranean-ish) diet when the inevitable dreaded plateau strikes, Like "carb cycling?" I'm determined to power through the damned plateaus this time, they are usually my undoing.

But then I came here to see what people's real-life experience and on first glance see that just like other diets there are plateau issues etc. I wish I could just go to the store and by a few quarts of patience as that is really what I need!

So anyhow my question is are any of you doing that 2 day/5 day rotation, and is it worth the extra effort 2 days a week?
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #2  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I believe what you are talking about is Take Off that LAWL incorporates but it is not done weekly, they recommend no more than once every 14 days. Some folks substitute Luna Bars for the ones that LAWL sells.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

LA stands for Lifestyle Adjustment, not Los Angeles.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #4  

Ohhhhh, Lifestyle Adjustment, OK! OK so this is sort of a program-within-a-program type of thing to be assigned intermittently on the advice of a counselor??

It's really not represented like this in the mag so I don't know of the Lifestyle Adjustment exec screwed up or Woman's World was just sort of "embellishing." They called it "carb cycling" and as with ever WW "Miracle Diet of the Week" it was given the big time miracle treatment in the article.

This lady on the cover lost a gazillion pounds or something and they said "we've had clients lose UP TO [ah, the catch phrase] 42 pounds in 8 weeks and 30 pounds in 8 weeks is AVERAGE! Well that is about twice the rate I'm losing so that got my attention, but we all know the other all-purpose diet phrase: "RESULTS NOT TYPICAL."

Thanks so much for answering my question, have a great weekend everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy66 View Post
I believe what you are talking about is Take Off that LAWL incorporates but it is not done weekly, they recommend no more than once every 14 days. Some folks substitute Luna Bars for the ones that LAWL sells.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
LA stands for Lifestyle Adjustment, not Los Angeles.
I didn't know that. I've been on this plan since Feb. & no one ever told me that is what LA stood for. I always assumed the diet originated in LA. Guess it's true - you really do learn something new everyday.

Kathryn
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote