3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Water Weight

Old 08-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #1

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Default Water Weight

Hi everyone!

Now I'm not gonna pretend to understand what water weight really means and implies, because I've tried and failed many times before. All I know is that when I stop dieting and the begin again, I lose about 3 pounds a day for a while.

I know most of that is water weight. But here's the question: when (after what pound) does the actually jiggly jelly start to come off? If I lose 10 pounds, do I start losing real fat after pound 8? Pound 5?

I get so discouraged when I say to myself "I lost five pounds!" Then wonder how much of that was actually fat.

I'm 260 lbs. if that helps. I just need a rough estimate.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Its all weight.

Its impossible to know how much is water and how much is fat. Water fluctuates daily, depending on SO many different variables.

BUT - the scale is down! And if you don't go back to your old high sodium/processed foods that caused you to gain the water weight in the first place, its gone for good (or at least until TOM brings a bit of it back). So thats WEIGHT that is GONE, and it doesn't really matter, IMO, what sort of weight it is.

You'll know for sure, though, if you stick with it...I would think that the portion of your weight loss that is fat is approximately what you lose in the 3rd or 4th week of your plan, and the rest in that first week was probably water. But honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it!
Goal Met - 10/28/07 - My Progress Picture Collage - My Goal Story - Where Have I Been?

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.