Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #1  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

Red face Big weekend coming-need help!

My best friend is getting married this weekend and I'm a bridesmaid. That was part of my motivation to join LAWL. And I'm proud to say that my dress looks so much better on me now than it did when I first bought it! I almost had to have it taken in! Anyway... I'll be gone all weekend, Friday-Sunday, for the festivites and could use some tips on how to get everything in and keep on plan during the whirlwind of getting both myself and the bride ready for her big day. I'm planning already on taking some food with me, like fruits and my lites of course. And she's having chicken, rice, and asparagus as the main course. But what else can I do. I don't know what I'll have access to when I'm there. I'm more worried that I won't get nearly enough food in, especially Saturday, that I am that I'll eat 3 pieces of cake. Any suggestions?? My head is already spinning with all of the things I have left to do just to get myself for this! And this is just stressing me out more!
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Congrats on workin that dress! That is such a great feeling. My friend got married the weekend I started LAWL!!! I planned my entire day around her dinner and told myself in advance that I was NOT having ANY cake. I knew it would be over if I dug in, so I danced while people were eating cake, waited for the plates to be cleared and forgot all about it. SInce you know what she's serving for dinner, completely preplan the rest of the day(s) to get the stuff she wont have in. I have to tell you I was SO proud of myself when I made it outta there POP! GOOD LUCK!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

A couple of weeks ago I posted a "help" too, because I was working at an air show and had no clue as to what I could eat and I knew I could not bring a cooler. To pass on some of the wonderful suggestions that were posted, that literally saved me that weekend, can you bring some baby carrots? You mentioned fruit, and how about some string cheese for your dairies. Some wasa crackers for starch servings, and I brought some lite laughing cow cheese wedges (I don't like string cheese) and spread them on the crackers. A small container with some nuts for your fat, and even some hard boiled eggs for your breakfast protein - would that work?

I know that you don't want to have only your own food, you should be able to enjoy your wonderful weekend and weigh loss success (congratulations on that awesome accomplishment). Someone else posted that this is not a diet but a new way to look at food and you obviously know the program since you have done so well. Just enjoy yourself and trust yourself to know what to do.

Hope that helps.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #4  
That's me on the left

Well, the wedding went well. I took some carrots with me. And my lites. Friday was a breeze to be POP. I even had a piece of garlic cheese bread at the rehearsal dinner (1S, 1/2D, 1F was how I counted it). But I was right. My biggest problem was that I didn't have time to eat on Saturday. I got in as much as I could and stayed as close to plan as possible. But when it came to eat at all or eat on plan, I chose to eat. But she served chicken and asparagus and rice so it wasn't too bad. I've changed my pic to a shot of me in my dress. I can't remember a day that I looked so pretty! I was only out done by the bride!! Thanks for the help and suggestions!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

You look beautiful! Maybe you can post a bigger pic so we can see you better?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #6  
That's me on the left

Well...I have some pix from the wedding posted on my MySpace page. Here's the direct link to my photo album: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...endID=81412818

Then you can double clink on the pictures to see a larger one!