Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default 08/20/07 NEW ALLI Thread, SUPPORT HERE

Happy new week to everyone on Alli. As the weeks move by we all learn new positive ways to tackle our eating fouxpas! I hope we have all learned at least one thing in the past week. I know I have, but cant seem to implement anything lately..lol

I hope you all have another fabulous week and we get and give wonderful support!

PS-My mom is trying out for Who wants to be a millionaire today, wish her luck!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #2  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
Happy new week to everyone on Alli. As the weeks move by we all learn new positive ways to tackle our eating fouxpas! I hope we have all learned at least one thing in the past week. I know I have, but cant seem to implement anything lately..lol

I hope you all have another fabulous week and we get and give wonderful support!

PS-My mom is trying out for Who wants to be a millionaire today, wish her luck!!!
Super cool! Good luck to her!!

Yes, I need a positive, fresh start this week. I am back on track, and ready to keep moving in the right direction!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #3  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Insane Monday morning!! It's raining buckets here in Michigan and so I had to drive my kids to 2 different locations for day camp (girls one place, boys another). Normally they'd be in the same place. It made me late getting to work...not the way I wanted to start my first day back after vacation!

And, to add to my frustration, I forgot my morning snack! I am so MAD!!!! Normally I bring an apple and a string cheese to eat at 10:00am. Ok, it's now 10:07 and I want my snack!! There is NOTHING good to eat in the building (snack machine). This is a frustrating way to start off the week. I was so excited an positive yesterday and now I've got the blues! Phooey!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Bless Monday

Ah Bright, what a great thing. Do you realize you're MAD 'cause there's no healthy food available? Isn't that a great attitude? Not so long ago, I'd have seen it as an excuse for pigging out on junk food. Sounds to me like you have your priorities straight, even if the week DID start off a little disorganized.
Hope you've made it through OK to lunch time and that you have a better afternoon, than you did morning.

Here's a little yuckle to help brighten a gloomy Monday, all.

A guy is visiting San Francisco, and walks into a small store in
Chinatown.
He notices a small bronze statue of a rat.
He asks the owner "how much", and the owner replies "$50 for the bronze
rat, and $1000 for the story behind it".
The guy says, "forget the story", and buys the rat.
As he's walking down the street he notices two live rats following him.
As he continues to walk, more rats start following him.
He starts to get a little concerned, and heads for the waterfront. By
the time he gets there there are thousands and thousands of rats
following him.
He walks up to the end of the pier and throws the bronze rat into the
bay, and the rats all follow and leap off of the pier and drown.
The guy rushes back to the store and walks in. The owner says, "Ah!, so
your back for the story".

The guys says, "no, I was wondering if you can make one of my Mother-In-Law?"

Weigh-in tomorrow--wish me luck.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #5  

Default New to alli

Hi all. I just started using Alli on Thursday night. I'm 5'3 and weigh around 174. I'd like to lose around 40 pounds -- that's how much I've gradually gained over the last 5 years. But even 20 would make me happy.

Anyway, Sunday is the only day I know I went over the recommended fat grams and I expected horrible TEs but they never came (as of yet). In fact, today is the first time I noticed any kind of TE and that was the orange oil that I have heard about through reading this forum. One other thing that I noticed is that I have to pee a lot, and after looking at the myalli message boards it seems that is common for a lot of people.

For those of you who don't experience TEs, do you find that Alli is still working for you? I fear that since I don't experience any of the bad TEs (so far) that the pill won't work for me.

Has anyone else had to pee a lot since starting Alli.

Also, would you take Alli if you were eating a lunch that had 6 1/2 grams of fat in it. I had a lean cuisine today with 6.5 grams of fat and I did take Alli. I know I've read that if you have less than 5 grams of fat it's pointless to take it. Do you think 6.5 grams is not enough to take it as well? Just curious.

I've been reading your posts for a few weeks now and am excited to get ready to share in everyone's successes!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/235.2/145

Height: 5'5"

For me, I take it regardless of the number of fat grams, and that's because I use it primarily for behavior modifaction. So, I always take it with every meal. Keeps me in a good routine!
kbbruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #7  

Default Me Too--Every Meal

Welcome MayDay:
Yup--take one with every meal, just to keep me honest. I think of it kinda like that pill they give folks who're trying to quit drinking, the one that makes them puke if they drink after taking it.
If I mess up, my pill doesn't make me puke, but the results can be stomach turning, just the same. heheheh

I've only had one serious TE and there was nothing special that triggered it, so it must have been a cumulative thing.
Restricting my salt intake has caused me to spend a bit more time in the loo, but it's nice to be able to see my ankle bones again. hehehehe
It did take a Little bit for me to feel like ALLI was doing anything for me, but now I'm 6 weeks into it and for whatever reason, I'm convinced it's helping me in a lot of ways, but mostly in learning new behavior.

Put it in Gear and Drive On!!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #8  

Hello! I also take it with every meal, just so it stays in my system and so it truly becomes part of my routine.

Brightside, I totally get what you mean about forgetting your snack! Having a plan for the day is so important and when one little kink shows up it throws me off, too. Especially if it involves cheese. : )

Good luck to everyone and have a great week!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #9  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Welcome MayDay, and good luck!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #10  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Beck- thanks for the story! And I got back on track for lunch. Dinner is shrimp gumbo - loaded with sodium but relatively low-fat/low-cal. Hope the sodium doesn't mess up my weigh-in tomorrow.

Mayday- I also take mine with every meal for exactly the same reasons as others have said: cumulative effect and habit/routine. When I was on vacation last week I was nervous about TEs occuring where there were no bathrooms so I only took 1 pill a day. And sometimes I would even forget to take that. For me, I need to make it part of my routine at all meals. If you go back through some of the old threads you'll see that you don't need to have TEs (big or small) for Alli to work. As for peeing more- I find I'm more thirsty on Alli so I'm drinking more water. Good luck!!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I also take it for behavior modification...I am a fried food junky! But since starting to take Alli I have only eaten fried foods one time...I had terrible TE's and have not had deep fried food since. Not worth it!
Granted, I am not 100% on my eating plan daily....not even close some days, but I am making BETTER choices. That is what is important.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #12  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

I went to the movies yesterday with a friend of mine - even tho the popcorn smelled wonderful I didn't have any. I never had it with added butter but still, it packs a fat punch! And I so love movie popcorn. After we got into the theatre tho I didn't really miss it. Must just be the smell that is wonderful.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #13  

Height: 5'3

Hi all! Back from my business trip and feeling pretty good. Knowing that they were planning to take me to some fantabulous restaurants, I decided to stop the pill a day in advance with the intention of still trying to eat good but, being that I was with clients, I didn't want to risk unexpected TEs. So, I ate good - splurged a bit but nothing over the top and am now back on track.

Mayday - I too take it w/ every meal. Also, the closest thing I've had to a TE is going to the bathroom more frequently (I'm much more regular these days) but I've never even had the oil or anything. However, I'm confident its working and if I pushed my luck, TEs would happen - therefore, I don't push my luck. I do however try to get as close to the max fat per meal as I can (without going over) - I figure if I eat 500 calories per meal, the more of that that comes from fat, the more calories get blocked. If that 500 calorie meal is made up of primarily carb calories with only a couple grams of fat, my net calorie absorbtion is higher.

Bobbigene - I was craving some serious kettle corn yesterday. My husband helped stear me away from it. There's just something about popcorn....

Brightside - I hear you on the snack frustration. Its amazing how frustrating that can get. I usually try to keep an extra couple snacks in the fridge in our office just in case I forget one day or I get insane munchies and have to have something. Its kind of a security blanket knowing they're there.
Travellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #14  

Still, that's neat about your mom trying out for that!! I am not on the plan everyday 100% either, but I am making better choices at every meal. It is making a difference.

Brightside, I hate it when those types of days happen!

Beck, loved it!!

Welcome to Mayday! I haven't had any terrible TE, and I do think it is working for me. I admit that I was excited last week when I saw the orange thingies though. lol If I go over 5 grams, I take one of the pills. I am in the bathroom more because I am actually drinking more water than I normally would have been.

I was going to have popcorn tonight, but hubby hasn't been feeling the best, so I hated to do that to him. He loves it!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:57 AM   #15  

Default And Another One Bites The Dust..

Sorry to plant that irritating song in your heads, but it's official--I'm down one more pound.
May not sound like much to some, but it's amazing to someone who couldn't stop gaining for the last 10 years or so. And the really amazing part is that I wasn't particularly good this weekend.
I'm more convinced than ever that this is a one-day- or even one-minute-at-a-time journey. I can't worry about losing 100 lbs--but I can try to live a life that lets me lose a lb or 2.
'Nuff Said! Here are some words of wisdom to start out the day--have a great one, all.

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands
- and then eat just one of the pieces. *********** Judith Viorst