Old 08-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #61  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

LOVE THE AD!!!!!!

Congrats Shy, on the 2lbs!!! That is SUPER!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #62  

That ad is great!! My hubby is getting tired of our dog. Maybe I could advertise him! congrats on the 2 pounds Shy!!!!

I'm taking some things to my son today. He decided he needed some things at college. It will be nice to visit with him. Naturally we'll go out to eat while I'm there. Planning to make good choices!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #63  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hooray! The scale finally moved! And just in time for me to be on vacation. I have GOT to be good this coming week so that the slider doesn't move in the wrong direction on my ticker.

I'm now going to read the previous posts to see what I missed and I may edit this later.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #64  
Happy New Rears!

Yay, congrats bobbigene!! and I'm sending you positive thoughts on staying good during your holiday.

Speaking of being good. I have to go to a party tonight where there will be food - lots of it. I know I am going to eat some,there is no way around it - butI wonder should I eat my healthy dinner at home, before the party? or just skip my dinner because I am going to eat there anywhere?
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #65  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Shy

I was thinking maybe if I ate first, I wouldn't be so hungry and tempted at the party.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #66  

Bobbigene, congrats on the loss!!! Have fun on your vacation!

Thingirl, I don't have good self control, so I'd probably eat my meal at home AND eat at the party. For me, just eating at the party would be the best. I hope you did OK with the food and that you had a great time!!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #67  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone - had a good time at the party but I was freezing!! it was outside and it was cold tonight, crazy cold - it was a hot day too, weird.

I had a big salad before we went. While I was there I had 1 glass of Perrier, some veggie sticks, 3 shrimp spring rolls, 2 little chicken skewers and a slice of BBQ pork. No booze, no sweets, no breads, no pastas and potato salads. I don't think I did too badly except for the deep fried spring rolls.

There was lots of stuff there I could have eaten, but didn't - so I am proud of that.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 AM   #68  

Thingirl, it sounds like you did great at the party!!! Way to go!!! I need some of that willpower!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #69  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Wow Thingirl! What great control! You must have had extra helpings of
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #70  
Happy New Rears!

Thanks!

Thre is something else Iwanted to tell you guys.

Last Easter (April) my sister was having Easter Dinner and I went to the mall looking for something to wear. I was a size 20 and god I looked awful in the change room mirrors, my legs and belly - I looked like I was pregnant from the side, in fact my little niece (5) patted my tummy and asked me if I was having a baby last Christmas. I wouldn't even look at my face in the mirror, I would avert my eyes,it was just so depressing.

Anyway, I need some clothes now, for work and for casual because I am a size 14 at the moment, so yesterday I was trying on some clothes and I looked SOOOOO much better, I can't even tell you how much better I looked, my legs looked good, still heavy but smooth and a nice shape, it was soooooooo much better and I could look at myself. Don't get me wrong, I still have a belly and big butt, but more smooth now and clothes look better on me. Not perfect, not even great, but good and better than before by a mile.

I bought 2 skirts and 3 blouses, going out later today to try a few more stores. The other nice thing was that I was shopping in regular stores, not plus stores, I actually think I'm too small for the plus store now.

Last winter I had to wear my winter coat open because it wouldn't button up, I tried it on this morning and it is hanging off me. I could wrap it around me with inches to spare.

Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble
Old 08-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #71  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

THINGIRL, That is AWSOME!!! You are doing so good, you had SUPER will power at the party, and going from a 20 to a 14 is HUGE, you must be feeling pretty UP right now...which is fabulous! CONGRATS!!!! I know this time around (dieting) I went from a 16 to a 10 and that made me feel wonderful, so you are really moving!!!!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #72  

Height: 5'3

Default Eating more!

Hi all and happy weekend! I know I don't post more than once or twice a week but wanted to say that I read daily and love hearing how everything's going.

Stilltryin' - so excited for you getting the 2nd interview! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

ThinGirl - there is nothing better than fitting into something that was once too small! Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans I bought over a year ago (in the hopes that I would soon lose enough weight to fit into them). Well, now, a year later, they finally fit!!

I had an amazing weight loss this week and I had to share it w/ you all. Since I started taking Alli a few weeks ago, I've been pretty restrictive with my eating. I was terrified of TEs, so I made sure I would eat no more than the 10 grams fat per meal (per the Alli web site, I'm to eat 1200 calories/day, 30 grams fat/day.) This, combined with a couple busy weeks at work, and I realized I probably wasn't getting enough calories in per day. I would eat more on the weekends (not overboard, just more) but that seemed to do more harm than good. After my first couple weeks on Alli, I had lost a little but felt like I should have been doing better. Plus, what was happening is the scale would drop a pound or two and then after the weekend (or my business trip) of just eating a bit too much, it would jump up 3-4 pounds and then it would take a week and a half for that to drop off netting me very little overall loss.

Well, we've all heard that if you don't eat enough, weight loss will stall. Its a scary thing to increase calories when trying to lose weight but I wasn't happy with the results I was seeing thus far and I knew there was no way I was going to further reduce my calories (I'm so not into starving myself!!) so I decided to give it a go and up my calories this week. I added probably an extra 300 calories a day and a few extra fat grams per meal - and wowzers! Since Monday, I've dropped 4 pounds! I saw a number on the scale this morning I haven't seen in over 20 years! Most days this week, I exceeded the 1200 calorie/30 fat grams per day limit set by Alli but whatever it is that is unique about my body, it worked. And, even better, no TE issues!

Just goes to show this weight loss thing is all about trial and error and everyone is unique. Let's just hope it keeps up and I haven't jinxed myself by writing about it. Goal weight....here I come!
Travellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #73  

Thingirl, good for you for the drop in the sizes!! I think I wear the same size clothes no matter what size I am. Weird? I'm serious though. I am down 36 pounds from where I was several years ago, and I'm still wearing some of the same clothes. Granted, they do look different now. lol Maybe I'm just too cheap or lazy to go shopping for new ones. I hope you find more clothes today!!!

Travellin, that is awesome! 4 pounds is super!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #74  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

yea! to all those having a good week and lots of success. it's well deserved!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #75  
Happy New Rears!

Thanks everyone! I did find some more clothes today, a skirt, 2 light sweaters & 2 blouses, so I am all set for a couple of months. My next shopping spree will be for this cruise I am going on in Nov/Dec - I'm going to need tons of clothes for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellin View Post
Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans I bought over a year ago. Well, now, a year later, they finally fit!!
WooHoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellin View Post
I had an amazing weight loss this week and I had to share it w/ you all. wowzers! Since Monday, I've dropped 4 pounds! I saw a number on the scale this morning I haven't seen in over 20 years!