Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #61  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguerin View Post
GM all and GL with the WL this week.

Had a great weekend, but boy was I hungry all the time and I don't feel that well either. I have picked up drinking diet drinks again and ate some pork ribs from the grill on Saturday night so I think that is what is driving this funk that I am in. Got to give up the diet drinks. The scale hasn't moved for me since the first of last week.

My two DS brought home a baby deer on Friday night that they rescued out of a cave it had falled down in. It is so pretty, but I have begged them to turn it loose. I know it wants it's mama, but not sure where she is.

Not much else going on. I pretty much stayed on the couch yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. I missed church last night, so I won't be fun to be around this week. I need the extra service to be presentable through the week.
Amy, the thing to do, if you haven't already, is to call Alabama Game and Fish.. They'll come and pick it up and take good care of her/him.

Sorry if this issue already got resolved, but I haven't had time to read all the posts...

Still cool and wet here, which is making for a rather easy time at the fire.. However, it's going to start drying out today once the fog lifts and we'll see a steady warm up the rest of the week.. While the wet stuff has helped keep the fire down, I'm sure it will pick back up before too long...

My job basically consists of working what we call a "trap line". I go into the towns around the fire and pass out fire information to businesses and talk with the public about what's going on.. I usually travel about 150 miles a day up Highway 55 from the Tamarak Resort (nice place!!) to the little town of Burdorf (est. 1865, and they still use some of the original buildings). Some of these town are in the line of fire and because you can't force people out, some have stayed... So we've been up there while fire has raged around us, keeping people informed as to where the fire is and where it's going, stuff like that...

Anyway.. Gotta get to work.. I haven't been on a scale in almost a week and frankly, I'm a little scared to see what happens when I get home on Sunday...

Be one with your POP!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Tina- 59 degrees? I'm coming to visit! It was 80 here at 7 am with a high of 97 for this afternoon!!!! I LOVE summer but Once we start back to school I'm ready for it to cool off!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #63  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

LeaAnn – I practically went steady with Cliff in high school.

Kim2 – Good job on your POP day!

Nicole – I’m up for a no sclae challenge…will we weigh in once a week for the Chick’s challenge? You get so much done in a day! Would you like to have a paid ‘vacation’ to Canada, and you can do all that stuff during the day, and in the evenings I’ll feed you and get you drunk?

Amy in AL – Sometimes I find cutting out caffeine helps when I’m stalling (diet cola, coffee, tea). I would go for the unlimited veggies. I remember Kristen lost when she added back some things, and I think Wendy mentioned that she’s still losing on maintenance too.

Hi to everyone else!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #64  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Tina......I am comming there for the cool weather......and yes, I am thinking of doing holiday dresses. Any input is appreciated.....so all of you mama's of little girls.......do tell what you look for in a dress......holiday or not

So today I am getting the smack down from my inner fat girl. You should have seen her laughing her a$$ off when my sclae read 203.6 this morning. I am trying really hard to stay on the straight and narrow......but she keeps saying evil things like, "you could always just stop eating fat a$$," or "I told you LAWL would only work for a few weeks.....give it up," or, "you are and always be like this, so get over yourself." I am staying strong........but let me tell ya............she is making me REAL tired today. Anyone relate?

Ok, time to paint ( I love painting.......but not like I LOVE cake, if you were wondering )
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #65  
Katy66

Nicole - Let that inner skinny girl talk for a change
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #66  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Nicole – I’m up for a no sclae challenge…will we weigh in once a week for the Chick’s challenge? You get so much done in a day! Would you like to have a paid ‘vacation’ to Canada, and you can do all that stuff during the day, and in the evenings I’ll feed you and get you drunk?
I just put my paint brush away and started packing............I could use a good stiff drink right about now.......
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #67  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Nicole - you tell that inner fat girl that she's not welcome in your head anymore and if she doesn't knock it off, you're going to send the skinny girl after her...and you DON'T want to mess with the skinny girl!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #68  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone! NOt a whole lot of time to chat, lots of reading to finish before classes start today.
Kim-your blog spot is so awesome! You are such an inspiration. Congrats!
Nicole-can't wait to see your site!
Felicia-congrats on your loss!

Sorry, gotta run! Have a great Tuesday!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #69  

Well Hello Everyone...ive Always Been A Lurker Every Day And One In A Great While I Pop In To Say Hi Or Ask Questions...i Ve Been Off Plane For The Last 6 Months And Have Been Really Good For The Last 2 Weeks..i Even Started The Biggest Loser Workout On Thursday ...wow That Is A Good Workout....but I Was Wondering If Anyone Wants To Start A Workout Challenge I Think Having A Group To Work With And Post Wiht Would Help Kee Me Motivated...and I Need To Loose About 25 Lbs By November Were Going On A Cruise....so Let Me Know If Anyone Is Interested Thanks

Jamie
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #70  
Katy66

Jamie - A work out challenge might get me motivated to start a routine. I can't seem to find what I want to do though.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #71  
Princess Heather

nicole...i can so relate! What i hate is when inner fat girl and inner bad mom fight....ohhhhh it's awful! LOL

I have fallen off the LAWL wagon the last few days. I didn't make it to the store and have nothing of a good in my house to eat. I am hoping the store will be possible tonight...i have a list...just have to get there! I'm still drinking my water and making better choices....just not POP! all for now!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #72  

Katy...the Biggest Loser Dvd Is A Good Workout..one Day You Do Cardio And The Next Is Weights Strengh And Sculp And You Rotate Those 6 Days A Wee For A 6 Week Program...im Sweating Through The Whole Thing And It Keeps Me High Energy And Motivated All Day
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #73  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather115 View Post
Anyone heard about ControlTrim at their COD? Ours is taking pre-orders because they expect it to go very quickly. I know it's supposed to speed up weightloss and that it was developed by the USDA. There's a pill form that you take before meals or a powder form that you can use as a fat replacement.

It doesn't speed up weight loss, I hope they aren't misrepresenting the product

It's the same product marketed as Z-Trim. They now offer it to other companies as a private label product, in both their corn and oat versions. I don't know how the prices compare with LAWL, but you can order at www.ztrim.com

We tried out the gel and it worked pretty well for baked goods, though the calories saved were very low, and it would probably only be useful if you eat a lot of baked foods. We found ourselves eating brownies and cookies just to test it out

Some of our members mixed it with salad dressing and said it worked very well for that. Calories saved would depend on how much salad dressing you eat So while it's useful, it's not going to make a big difference in your daily calories. The difference could be very small.

I didn't try the pills that are supposed to make you feel fuller, but some of our members tried them and none reported anything positive. There's a long thread about it in the DIW forum

We used both the corn and the oat versions, and both worked exactly the same.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good afternoon all! Lots of changes going on here. I have my cooking mid-term on Thursday and then my written on Monday. Still maintaining my "A". Good news is that if I have perfect attendance and an "A" at the end of the term I can skip the written final. WOO HOO!

I spoke w/my boss and I will be going part time at my paralegal job soon. I'm thinking maybe the beginning of October. I will work 4 days from 12:30-6:30. Then I'll work Fri and Sat hopefully for a caterer I know. If not, I'll keep my job at Premier Dinners (the make and take place).

I've been OP for the last week and dropped 2lbs, so I'm a happy girl. But my home scale needs a new battery or something because I can't get a reading to be the same twice in a row. It fluctuates around 2lbs, which is very frustrating when you're trying to keep things in check. It's like Nicole's inner fat girl jumps on the sclae behind me or something.

Anyhoo... back to work for me. I'll check back in later.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #75  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi girls! Got a couple questions..
Is anyone using Omega Trim, or Vita Max? I bought them from my best friend as she couldnt use them. There still full. Can anyone tell a difference using Omega Trim?

Also has anyone else's center cut you back to 2 weigh ins a week? I was going three, basically cause it helped me be a good girl, and now they told me I only have to come two. Wonder why?

So far TO is going good. Went and visited my husbands grandma and she was cooking country breakfast!! So i left...
Hope everyone is having a POP week so far!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote