Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #1  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Default Cornmeal Crispy Chicken Recipe

I was searching for recipes that I could make using my George Foreman grill. This looks good, but am not sure how it would do for my weight loss. I think it would count as 1 P, 1 S. Can someone who has online access find out from LAWL corporate how it would be counted? Please and thank you!

Cornmeal Crispy Chicken

This simple five ingredient recipe is crunchy with cornmeal and filled with flavor from Italian seasonings, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS:

* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 egg, beaten
* 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
* 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice

PREPARATION:
Rinse and drain chicken and pat dry. Place chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and pound the chicken to 1/3" thick.

Pour beaten egg in shallow bowl. In a shallow pan, combine basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and cheese. Brush chicken with the lemon juice, then dip in beaten egg and then coat with the cornmeal mixture. Let sit on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes.

Spray George Foreman two sided grill with nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken for 4-7 minutes until thoroughly cooked, brown and crisp. 4 servings
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #2  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Recipe Name: Cornmeal Crispy Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, size according to plan
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
Morton Lite salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Preparation:

Rinse and drain chicken and pat dry. Place chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and pound the chicken to 1/3" thick.
Pour beaten egg in shallow bowl. In a shallow pan, combine basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and cheese.
Brush chicken with the lemon juice, then dip in beaten egg and then coat with the cornmeal mixture.
Let sit on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes. Spray George Foreman two sided grill with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook chicken for 4-7 minutes until thoroughly cooked, brown and crisp.

Makes: 4 servings

Serving size: 1/4 recipe

Exchange: 1 Protein, 1 Starch, 1 Condiment

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Sounds a lot like a German "schnitzel".... It also sounds very good!

I guess the difference is that a schnitzel would be pan fried rather than grilled.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote