Old 08-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #16  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Nickels, dont forget you do not WANT TE's. That is not the object here. I know it is frusterating when you do not see results. It is not a short term fix, it is a long term goal. I have had a terrible 9 days and I am still trying to get back to my "healthy" way of mind. It is a slow road, but it happens.

If you are exercising like this and eating properly you will see results. Try increasing your water intake for a couple days and see if that helps.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #17  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Nickles...I've been in that exact same place!! I never have TEs and I ride my bike at least 5 times a week and do the elliptical with little results at all. But...do not give up!! Sometimes it just takes a little bit, Especially if you just started working out. If you are building up your lean muscle tissue the scale isnt really gonna show much of a loss when you are just converting fat to muscle, but that is a good thing!!! You want that! Dont give up yet, stay the course! You know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing the scale has no choice but to move. I would highly suggest you take your measurements though, I bet thats where your losses are showing up. You can do this!! Its only been 11 days!

Stilltryin...the point that people are missing when we say that we dont get TEs is not that we want them or are trying for them. The point is that we dont get them at all...ever...even if the fat grams have been tested. So it makes you feel like the Alli isnt doing what its supposed to. Now it probably still is, but it doesnt give me that added willpower to avoid things because I know I wont pay any consequences for it. I am sticking with it though, taking my little blue pill with each meal and just going on my own strength and determination. There is no "punishment" for me if I slip up like those of you who get TEs have, I dont have that extra reason to say no to something, but I'm still going...eating less and moving more, and thats the whole key anyway isnt it?

Okay so little story for you all! I was out shopping with my girls and they were craving taco bell...well thanks to my handy dandy little calorie counter book from Alli, I looked up and saw that I could have 2 baja chicken gorditas for only 12g fat...well within my limit! So we went and thats what I ordered. But they gave me baja chicken chalupas instead! Now they were so busy and the line was outrageous so I was just gonna eat them anyway but decided to look them up in the book anyway...THANK GOD for the book! 24g of fat EACH!! The only difference in the 2 is the shell. I promptly returned them! And oddly only needed one I was so full after it. Success!

Hope everyone else is having a great day too!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #18  
Gettin Closer!!

Melissa, that is GREAT that you did go ahead and return them and then only needed 1...what a super success.

I know what you all mean about "wondering if it is working" I dread any TE's but when there is no "punishment" it is curious...I had that one BAD, BAD, BAD TE a while back, but since then really nothing. I do watch closer to what I eat though. So, is that to say it isnt working..who knows. I assume it is, that is a good thing. So that keeps me more on track! But I have had days already also that I KNOW I was over my fat gram intake with NO treatment effects at all.
Funny how it all works right? But at least we are all trying.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #19  
Melissa

I wonder if for some of us it just takes a little while to really kick in and work. I know some people get TEs right off the bat. A lady my dh works with on the first day was talking about how she'd been to the bathroom 5 times that morning. So my dh was convinced it was nothing more than a high priced laxative. But for me, nothing has been different, other than being more regular. And the appetite thing...which isnt an Alli claim.

And yes...at least we keep trying!!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #20  

Katallan, you are lucky the dog took off with some things!! I would have been pigging out on everything.

Melissa, I don't know if I've ever forgotten to eat a meal. lol

Nickles, it says you started Alli on Aug. 3. Give it some more time and keep following the program. I've been up and down, but I'm still giving it a chance. Any loss that I've had hasn't been huge like so many people.

Hubby and I are taking off for a few days. I'll check in when we get home. Behave!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #21  
Til'

Nickels, don't give up the fight yet! I've lost about 6 1/2 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks. That may sound lousy, but (1) I definitely could have behaved better, (2) I'm still not exercising regularly. Even still, that's an average of over a pound a week. This time next year, I'll be down over fifty pounds total if I only do as good as I am now! Now, that doesn't sound too bad, does it? I sure wish I had stuck to a diet I started a few years ago. Instead, I was always looking for a reason to throw in the towel. And we are only hurting ourselves in the long run!

I find my diet choices to revolve around the same dozen or so of the same choices. I need to expand my horizons to find some new, tasty, low-fat, healthy choices!

Take care all!
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Hi All, got room for one more? I've been trying to use the Alli boards, but they are so slow that I forget where I was and can't get back to the right thread. (Old Age Will Do That, heheheh) This looks much better to me.

I've been on Alli for 5 weeks, now. Here's the scoop:
SW=305
CW=290
Less of me=15

I'm trying to stay positive, but I seem to have gotten stuck. Last week I was at 289, but this week I'm back up a pound. I'm having a hard time remembering to take the pill at lunch and supper, so maybe that's the bugger-up.
I'm not on a diet, I'm making lifestyle changes, day to day or even minute to minute. That method worked when I was ready to stop smoking, so I'm determined to see it through for the weight issues.

Keep Smiling (it makes folks wonder what you know!!)
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #23  
Gettin Closer!!

Beck that is super! You are doing great, just remember, great things take time! It will be worth it. You need to stick to it and it will pay off. We are always here to support you. That is what we are here for.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #24  
Melissa

Good Morning Alligators!!! I've got another successful day under my belt! didnt do what I wanted in exercise but I did go for a short bikeride and I did some arm weights. Better than nothing!

Tammy....trust me there arent many a meal that have gotten past me! LOL! Have a great time away!

Rennie....I dont think you have to take it an hour before meals. I'm pretty sure that the liturature says you can take it before, with or after your meal. Can someone clarify that?

Ravisa...I've been kinda sticking to the same things lately too, mostly for breakfast, lunch and snacks. But I'm finding that for now its helping me stay the course. I figure once i've got success under my belt I'll be more adventurous.

Beck....Hello! and So great to have you join us! Way to go on 15 lbs gone....that is incredible!!! You've got the right attitude! Did you start exercising recently? Our bodies change so much from week to week, up and down so dont let that scale get you down. maybe you had a little too much salt a couple days before weigh in, sometimes it can take that long to go away. Just keep on doing what you are doing, its working!! You'll get to that finish line!! You can do it!!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #25  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone!

Welcome Beck! I have stayed off the Alli boards for that reason! To hard to follow and to many ney sayers!

Rennie - I am taking mine about 15 minutes before I eat.

Melissa - Way to go at taco bell and with exercise!

Tammy - I was glad that the dog ran off with my junk food! Mad at the time, but after thinking about it it was for the best. I have got to quit using food as my emotional crutch! (sp?) I think emotional eating is the hardest to overcome

Nickles - Don't give up! I do not always see any sign of Alli working, but when I have been extremly bad I have had those horrible TE's! I find this especially true if I have not eaten my veggies like I should for a few days!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #26  
Gettin Closer!!

I completely understand, I also gain weight just by looking or smelling..lol

Well I found a new "snack" for me. Lean turkey lunch meat. I can snack on a little of that instead of chips/junk food. It is 60 cals per serving and .5 gr fat. So that is better than the alternative of chips/cookies. I will have to get some extra for at home. At least it gives me a little protein!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

Height: 5'10"

Nice to check in again with all of you. I haven't posted in the last two weekly threads! I have been traveling a lot, and now have to get ready to go back to school. I have been off and on with the alli. My routine and my eating is more structured during the school year. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, either haven't been home or just forgot. In fact not weighing myself as often has been liberating in a way. I use to weigh myself several times a day??? My clothes still fit and I find that I am making more educated choices when I eat, even if I don't have my alli with me. Nice to see all of the great posts.
SASCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #28  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hi alli-cats! Hope all of you are doing well. Watching the local weather report and they are saying that trop storm Erin is going to hit Corpus Christi rather than farther up the coast. Houston could get some rain but that's about it. Find by me. I don't relish the thought of a hurricane. Almost left town when Rita looked like it would hit Houston but decided to stay. Ended up being a non-event for the Houston metro area. TS Dean could be a whole other story tho! I'm not too awfully worried. Que serra, serra.

Still plugging away with the diet. Freezer is stuffed with low fat stuff like chicken and the like. Maybe tonight I'll have some cauliflower, it was on sale at Kroger so I bought a couple heads of it. Talk to you later!
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #29  

All's going well on my end, more or less! I have been committing to taking a walk around the lake near our house every other day and that's 2.8 miles and have started doing squats and dips every other day as well. I'm not working right now so having exercise to take up the time really helps me to not spend my time eating; I have a tendency to overeat when I'm bored.

Been taking the blue pills and TEs have been pretty minimal; I relate when some of you say you wonder if something is wrong if you DON'T get the TEs; I feel the same way, too. But then I feel guilty if I get one! But at least I find they're connected to when I slip up.

Good rest of the week to everyone!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Morning All! Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Well then, yesterday was verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy interesting (to borrow from Artie Johnson)

Everything was fine; normal breakfast of Special K/2% milk and then ate a good, very low fat lunch (no fat cottage cheese, raw carrots, 100 calorie pack of wheat things, and a Kiwi.)
Next thing I know, I've got a case of projectile pooting, if you know what I mean. I suspect the look on my face was priceless, hehehe.

First real TE for me, and Good Lord, I hope it's the last.

Here's a line I ran across-I like to start the day with a chuckle.

"The most fattening thing you can put in an ice cream sundae is a spoon."
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote