How fast is Weight Watchers? I am getting married...

View Poll Results: Which works faster?
Weight Watchers
100.00%
Metabolic Research Center
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ok, I have been working out daily for a month now and counting calories for 3 months... when I went to try on my wedding dress today - it was too small!!! I was already a big girl when I bought it so now...

I am so upset, I am a total wreck.

My wedding is in November, and I NEED to lose some inches - ASAP!

I was going to go to Metabolic Research tomorrow, but my fiancee says it's hooey and he wants me to join Weight Watchers instead.

I get the feeling that WW is a S-L-O-W process... is this true? While I understand that my ultimate goal will take a long time and a lot of work, I still have immediate goals that NEED to be met. Any advice?
  • Have you thought about Atkins? You lose pretty quickly on the 2 week induction which is low carb.
  • Hold up, hold up ... no panicking.
    Keep two things in mind. You can get smaller and the dress can be made bigger.

How much too small is the dress? You may have to do a combination of both. But we can help you.

ps ... I didn't vote because I am a huge fan of calorie counting.
  • I agree with Susan, don't panic! November is a few months away - you will work something out. It seems to me that a wedding dress would be alterable and I am sure you will lose a few pounds by then. The more upset you get, the more likely you will go off plan, so....deep breath and good luck!
  • Your dress is going to be fine...and you are going to be a beautiful bride.

What ever you do to resolve this situation have a plan and a back up plan. I added in a couple of stories of what happened to mine and my sisters dresses. It all worked out so have a good laugh.

I gained weight before my wedding so my dress that was a perfect fit was way to small. The first seamstress tried to fix it and totally screwed it up. She added in a panel of fabric on the sides that didnt even match my dress and just told me try not to raise my arms up too much. Are you kidding me?Seamstress number two called the designer, got a hold of the original fabric took the entire top half apart and put it back together again.

My sister designed her dress and was having it made by a dress maker. The dress maker had some sort of break down the Saturday before the Wedding and threw the dress at her and said she wasnt going to be able to finish it or the rest of the 5 brides maids gowns. She went shopping for a new dress on Tuesday had it altered picked it up Thursday and wore it down the ilse Saturday.

All that said I agree with your soon to be hubby those places are full of hooey! Run dont walk to your nearest weight watchers. Give the plan 110% How many inches fo you need to lose? WW will work and it is a life change, but if you have until November thats atleast 12 weeks away and you can lose a good deal of weight and inches before then. I took my measurements when I started and then again at week 7. I take measurements in 6 places and lost just over 12 inches basically 2 inches per measureing spot. I am on week 11 and hanv't redone my measurements.. maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

PM me if you need a WW buddy!

Good Luck with what ever you decide.
  • I also would like to know how small the dress is...so we can give the best advice. Is it just too snug, or is it like 3 sizes too small? I do seamstressing as well, so I might be able to help you on both accounts.
  • Well, I tried the dress on because when my mother measured my waist to see how many inches I had LOST, it turns out I had added 3 inches to my waist since June!

I also have my period right now, so I could be a little bit puffed up, but that should not matter.

The dress won't zip. My mother said that there is a solid inch between the two zippers that she cannot get to touch - let alone zip! The dress is an 18w, so I have never been a skinny minnie but I just can't stop expanding...

There is a WW meeting near my home tonight - and tomorrow is grocery shopping day, so we'll be making some changes!

Thank you for all your replies ladies... it's nice to have help when things seem bleak.
  • Go to that meeting! Make notes. Tomorrow buy lots of veggies and lean protein ... and make sure you come back to us!

One inch is nuthin' for ?? ten weeks??

You exercise?
  • I agree-you can get that dress to fit in 10 weeks with WW, especially if you add some exercise to the mix! If you don't already exercise, then getting about 30 minutes a day is good when you first start.
  • Thanks for your support...
    Yes, I exercise 3 -5 times a week in the morning, at least 30 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill or bike...

I went to the Metabolic place because I had a scheduled appt... I absolutely belive it could work - but I can't AFFORD that! $100 a month in supplements?

Yikes...
  • Oi! Any kind of portion control is much cheaper than that! Whew!
  • Just remember, all you really need is a regular multivitamin. You can get that at your local store.
  • Water, water and more water - drink up. It will keep you full and flush you out. Watch the carbs & sugar too - no white bread, ect. I have to drop some weight for a wedding in November as well and looking for an alternative. I did WW a few years ago and lost 25 lbs but it took like 6 months but I am a little more motivated. I am on maintenance with them and tempted to go back and start from scratch.

Good luck....You will be fine. Sue
  • Thanks You So Much!
    Well, I missed the WW meeting and there is only one a week at my location... HOWEVER, I went to my local Native Sun and stocked up on organic fruits and veggies. I have been drinking loads of water, and having very little carbs.

I pre-portioned my trail mixes and granola into little baggies so I can't overeat, and am snacking on either that or fruit.

Since Thursday I dropped 8 lbs! I never expected to see such a drop! BUT considering I haven't had time to get to the gym in 6 days, I hope it's not 8lbs of lean muscle mass!!!

Thanks for everything ladies, I will keep checking in!
  • Andi:

good luck with your plan. I have not had good luck with WW--I have tried it 3 times and it just didnt click for me.

Currently I am on Nutrisystem and have been following it religiously. I have lost 47 lbs in 16 weeks. I have lost more weight more quickly and easily than I ever have. There are some brides to be on the Nutrisystem forum, I notice.

Good luck!

Sno