Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #1  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey oldbies: baby pictures!

Ok, I did this LAWL board last year and then got pregnant with twins. I wanted to post pictures of the babies and Eli (my oldest) for those who remember the boards WAY back then and say I'm back on the lawl bandwagon. I gained almost 70 pounds with the babies and only lost about half that after the pregnancy. LOTS of stress eating, lots of convenience cooking, not a lot of sleep...bad combination. Anyway, I started LAWL again this week at 209 and I was 206 this morning. I had lost 7.5 lbs after fast forward, but 4.5 lbs snuck back like a ninja.

This is our online photo album:
http://brownboys.myphotoalbum.com/
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Mary--thanks so much for sharing--they are all dolls! Love Eli's curly hair. You are looking great. Glad you are back--misery loves company--lol.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #3  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi Mary-I'm pretty new here but welcome back! Your pictures are beautiful!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:26 AM   #4  
Bring sexy back

Amy- thanks for the warm welcome back!

Lea Ann- "misery loves company." so THAT'S why I got my 2 sisters to do fast forward with me...
Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Your boys are adorable and look at Eli’s curls. Too cute!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Darling, darling, darling.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #7  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

They are soooo precious, Mary!!! Welcome back to the group...it's great to see you again!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #8  
Katy66

Hi Mary, I'm new since you were here before but it is good to have you back. You have three beautiful boys!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Mary - good to see you again!!
your kids are so cute!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #10  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ohhhhhhhh.........I finally took the time to look at your pictures.....you have a beautiful family......and your furkid is adorable too
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #11  
Bring sexy back

Hey, thanks everybody!

Experienced mamas: can y'all figure out how I can walk with a 3.5 year old and twins? I have a double stroller, but I can't make a preschooler walk as much as I do. When Eli starts preschool again it won't be an issue, but I have the motivation now so I was hoping to strike while the iron is hot!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Never dealt with 3 at once (actually never!) but the only solution I can think of is if you have a snugli for one of the babies and can put Eli and one baby in the stroller. Just a thought.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #13  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Mary - your boys and furkid are all adorable. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm actually worn out just thinking about keeping up with three young ones like that. I say let Eli watch the twins and go walk the dog!! *just kidding*.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

LOVE Joni's idea. And actually, she may be on to something. I am thinking that when you take all three kids, it ought to be a walk intended for THEIR enjoyment. This is for two reasons:

1. If there is any way you can get 30-45 minutes worth of a sitter to go walking alone, or with the non-talking, non-crying furkid, it would be a great sanity recharger for you. I know, there is no time, and DH is tired after work, and your three kids are more difficult than most (that is what I always used to think)......but the truth of the matter is.......if you can arrange this, even once or twice a week......you are going to be so much better for them. It is a short time for someone else to watch them........and like a goldmine of time for you.....to be alone..........do you remember what that is like????

2. Sometimes, as mom's, we are tricked into the illusion that we and our children truly enjoy the same things. Sure, the kids like a walk for a short time.......but they really don't understand your need to get your heartrate up for so many minutes.........or the need to cool down before they $hit themselves, or get thirsty.......or stung by the bee...or whatever the case may be. If it is too stressful to take them all with you..........you are not going to be as likely to keep it up. And, you don't want what is supposed to be a nice fun time for all of you, to end up being a frustrating crying disaster.

I kind of have the same attitude about shopping with my kids. I take them with here and there in order to teach them how to behave in a store........but only on a short shopping trip........or one I can leave in the middle of if I have to. It is way less stressful that way. Also, by taking short low stress shopping trips with them, they have learned to have excellent manners and behavior in the store.......and I really think it is because they had the opportunity to learn under the right conditions, and in the amount of time their short little attention spans could handle. They are all pretty much great shoppers now.........even if I have to stay longer than I ought to with them. Sometimes, I even get brave and take the team to the grocery store (not very often though......they all talk now, and it costs me way too much to bring them ).

I bet walking with them, (whatever system you come up with) will get easier and easier, as long as you don't expect them to last for a work out at this time.

And who knows..........maybe they will do way better than I am guessing. I just never really had great luck working out with more than one child along.

Plus......getting to be alone made working out a super d duper great treat for me........you know, back when I used to work out..........LOL.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #15  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Does your older son have a riding toy he can ride well? Like a Big Wheel. I don't really know if they make those any more, but something like that?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote