Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/159/130

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Unhappy New to LAWL.. Worried about cost of LITES

Hey everyone I just signed up with LAWL today! I'm very excited and they have my Weight loss set for 38 lbs, 19wks weight loss, 6 wks stable, and 52 maintenance. Now the starting price wasn't horrible (only $231) but I really wanna do the Lites but I REALLY can't afford $1000, $500 to spend on them... MY COD said not to worry and that they would work something out. I just want to know how I should go in there and approach this situation when I purchase my lites. Thanks alot!! <3<3

oh btw I'm 19 (college student :P)
5'5 1/2" current WT-163
GW-125!
Jworion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome to the circus.. The lites can be expensive, and NOT mandatory, no matter what they tell you. However, I found them invaluable to keep me from snacking on chips and candy bars during the process. There are alternatives such as Luna or Pria bars...

Another consideration is that they are packed with soy and a lot of people don't tolerate it very well.

Keep postin'!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #3  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Honestly, if you don't have the money, don't spend it! They are very expensive and now and again the centers run great deals on lites where you can buy a few boxes at a time.

I did bulk up on my lites only bc I did have the money at the time and I didn't want to have to worry about it later. I considered it an investment in myself.
Every once in a while I regret the amount of $$ I have put in, but when I consistently see results I realize it was worth it.

They may try to talk you into "care credit". I would warn against it. It has a very high interest rate and seems kind of silly.

Like Dan said, they CANNOT make you buy them, no matter how instistent they are. If you decide against them all together, the "Soy intolerance" is a great cop out where you can then sub in luna bars!

good luck!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #4  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 229.6/ticker/145.0

Height: 5'8"

I dont know if the soy cop out works anymore. I notice now my bars are stamped wheat. I believe they changed them from soy to wheat because of all the intorances to soy.

I did bulk all my lites for the weight loss and stablization part. For me thats almost $1000. I did go in knowing the avg cost when they bulk is $10.00/box. I made up my mind, I wouldnt spend more than that and stuck to it, even when they wanted me to buy all the bars for 52 weeks of maintence.

Dont spend anything you cant afford! You can just go it week by week. Buy them when coupons or specials are running.

Some people choose not to use them. For me right now, I think it would be harder without them. But I am sure I will get sick of them eventually.
SummerLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #5  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Jennifer - My understanding was that they went to a wheat flour instead of white but the soy is still in there.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

If you are truly concerned about the cost......someone, I think it was Tina or Joni posted a recipe in the recipe section for whey based bars. There are always alternatives.......so DO NOT spend beyond your means. But, also, realize that you will not be spending $$$ in the drive thrus anymore, nor will you be spending that extra $2-$3 at the gas station or vending machines........and those little things really do add up.......so the cost of lites just may be less than what you used to spend on extras. I did not bulk up on lites........I think I purchased 10 weeks worth.......and that was all I could afford. I have not regretted that decision, as I found out that I cannot tolerate that much soy everyday within a few weeks. I am now doing the plan w/o bars. I did enjoy them though, and I think they are an excellent tool. You also may want to read Cassi's stickies on what LAWL is all about and newbie info Welcome and best of luck to you
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote