Old 08-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #61  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

just checking in with you all to see how everyone's doing. my weigh in is on saturday and i'm a little nervous...
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #62  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

NRyker, THANKS! I will try that, infact my 2 yr old and I are going to the grocery store today after I get off work. I will get enough fruit to make us both a BIG fruit salad, that way I can bring extra to work with me tomorrow and have it for my snack! Thanks for the idea
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #63  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

Does anyone else notice Alli effecting their sleep patterns? I know it doesnt have a stimulant but I never feel like going to bed no matter how tired I am I end up reading till 1 or 2 in the morning. Any thoughts?
I haven't noticed any problem with sleep patterns. I still fall asleep just fine and ge in my 6 hours a night. I can sleep two hours later tomorrow and am soooooo looking forward to it! A whole 8 hours!
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #64  

I got mine at target. They had a sale at the time. Maybe check and see if they are still running a special.

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #65  

Brightside, your meal sounds delicious! Doesn't it feel great to not feel stuffed when you finish a meal?

Gina, I can relate about rationalizing when I might slip with what I am eating. I always think, well I can restart tomorrow. Lately though, I've been trying much harder.

Melissa, I also have noticed that I seem to stay awake longer. Not sure if it has to do with Alli, or if it is something else.

lilpiglet, I've never ordered anything from ebay, so I don't know what to say about it.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #66  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

We are leaving tomorrow on vacation - we're off to the wilderness of Northwestern Wisconsin. It's a 12 hour car ride to get there- ick Once we're there it's pretty relaxing and depending on the bug situation we'll be able to walk miles each day without seeing any people and lots of wildlife.

After much thought, I've decided I'm going to continue to take Alli on the trip (I take it with every meal). I don't want to give myself permission to "eat with abandon" which is what will happen on this trip if I stop taking it. Even with a 12 hour car ride, I should be fine as long as I eat normally (no McDonald's french fries for me!).

I'm hoping Alli will give me extra will-power to avoid some of the foods that I would normally eat on this trip and that have derailed my efforts in the past. There's not much to do once we arrive - long walks, lots of reading, puzzles, playing cards, fishing.. In the past I've eaten my way through all those activities (except walking). And, if the bugs are bad, we won't be able to get out to walk which will make me crazy!!! But this time I'm going to try to munch healthier...

So, my goal is to come back from vacation weighing no more than what my ticker shows now. Not gaining weight on vacation would be a first for me. Have a great week everyone and I look forward to chatting when I get back!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #67  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Brightside - I hope you have a great time! It's hard to make good choices when on vacation, especially camping, but you can do it!

lilpiglet - Have you tried your local pharmacy? The hospital pharmacy in the neighboring town to me sells Alli cheaper than Walmart. The problem I find with ebay is that once you pay shipping, it costs you the same as if you had gone to town! Plus you don't have to wait!

HuneB - My sleep pattern has been different. I seem to wake up earlier than usual! But I am not sure it is the Alli.

Gina - I have to agree with you. I do make better choices. And if I have a craving for something, I usually eat just a bite or two. In the past I would eat two or more servings!

Have a great day!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #68  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Thank you Tammy, Bobbigene and katallan for your responses to my question I really appreciate it! Perhaps its that nighttime vitamin.

Lilpiglet...hello and welcome!! I found that walmart and costco have the best prices on Alli. Myself personally wouldnt be comfortable purchasing a medication on ebay, but if you know the source that may be a little safer. Good luck to you! I hope you stick around if you do decide to become an alligator!

Brightside I hope you have a beautiful trip! I wish I were going to WI, my dad and brother live there I want to go visit terribly bad. Good luck to you sticking to plan!

Well, today was my weigh in day. I moved them to friday so since monday I'm down 1.6...not too bad. I've really picked up the exercise this week and had that off day at the fair so I'm good with that. Next friday will be even better! I'm thinking about going to WW meal w/ a big salad for both lunch and dinner for the week. I usually do that for lunch and eat whatever I make my family for dinner but I'd like to really kickstart things. Plus we are going to a waterpark in 10 days..which means my big butt in a bathingsuit!!!! LOL!

Have a beautiful day Alligators!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #69  

Melissa: that is a good loss! If you want I kickstart I think there is nothing wrong with your plan. THe waterpark will be a blast! I love them!

I am still carb loading. I am losing but my fear is that I will yo-yo if I don't get a handle on it. What are your thoughts? Suggestions??

I am using Alli and my fat grams are perfect but I have 1 Dr. Pepper a day (I know!!) and a few sweets. I don't wanna be honest about this but there it is. I am losing weight I think because I am watching my points (WW Flex) but i really know I need to do something about the bad carbs.

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #70  
Melissa

Gina, I would say dont expect perfection right off the bat. I say ween yourself so its not so much of a shock. Like with the dr. pepper, have you thought of switching to diet? I know...diet pop ick, but! You could start with mixing, half and half or even 1/4 and 3/4 and ween yourself. Eventually you'll be drinking the diet and thinking its the regular. I had to do that with chocolate syrup that I have in my morning mocha. Now cant even taste the difference. A pasta alternative to the regular (I dont like whole wheat pasta its too prickly) but have you seen the Barilla plus? It is a whole wheat pasta but not so prickly and it has omega 3s in it. And bread, have you heard of Ezekial bread? Now its no white bread but if you can eat whole wheat bread you'll like this bread, its made with no flour and no gluten. I'll never prefer sweet potatoes over white potatoes so I just limit how often I have them. I say start where you can and work up. I hope that helps a little.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #71  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Gina, I would say dont expect perfection right off the bat. I say ween yourself so its not so much of a shock. Like with the dr. pepper, have you thought of switching to diet? I know...diet pop ick, but! You could start with mixing, half and half or even 1/4 and 3/4 and ween yourself. Eventually you'll be drinking the diet and thinking its the regular. I had to do that with chocolate syrup that I have in my morning mocha. Now cant even taste the difference. A pasta alternative to the regular (I dont like whole wheat pasta its too prickly) but have you seen the Barilla plus? It is a whole wheat pasta but not so prickly and it has omega 3s in it. And bread, have you heard of Ezekial bread? Now its no white bread but if you can eat whole wheat bread you'll like this bread, its made with no flour and no gluten. I'll never prefer sweet potatoes over white potatoes so I just limit how often I have them. I say start where you can and work up. I hope that helps a little.
mmm, the Barilla plus is so good! I just had some for lunch...
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #72  

Brightside, enjoy the trip!! When we made our quick trip to Florida to visit my BIL, I also continued taking Alli. It really did help to keep me making those better choices.

Melissa, congrats on the loss!!!! Woo hoo!!! Your kickstart idea sounds like a good one. I've considered something like that too. Our son went back to college today (band tryouts, hopefully he makes it!!), so it's just my hubby and me. Hubby's idea of eating healthy is WAY different than mine. WW meal and a salad sounds like a good idea.

Gina, I've had some days where I'm over on the carbs also. I just keep tweaking things to do better. I know that overall that I am eating much healthier, so I really haven't been too worried about it. I have been having a REAL Pepsi every now and then too. I log it in my journal. I drink Diet Pepsi most of the time, so I just consider the real one a treat and count it.

We've been using 100% whole wheat bread for a while. Hubby decided yesterday that he wants to go back to white bread. I couldn't believe it. I can't rationalize buying 2 loaves of bread since I don't eat it that often. I guess I could buy whole wheat and freeze half of it (or more than half) and just get it out when I want it.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #73  
Melissa

Thanks Tammy! Thats what I do here with the Ezekiel bread. I'm the only one who eats it so I keep it in the fridge, I have 2 slices everyday with breakfast so I can go through a loaf in about a week or 10 days, There is whole wheat white bread now have you checked into that?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #74  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Yeah I can agree with the bread thing Tammy, I am the only one who eats W. wheat, so I have to refridgerate mine so it lasts for me.

Melissa, great loss, CONGRATS!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #75  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone!!

I am back from Florida, I think I did okay while I was away. My breakfasts and lunch were just like home, but dinner was a bit more of a challenge and there were so many temptations. I took my Alli with dinner everynight and had one or two episodes of urgency - if you know what I mean!?!

I don't think I lost anything while I was away though, it was kind of a wasted 2 weeks - I weigh in tomorrow and I expect it to be very close to the last # with not much loss (if any)

I am back on track again now that I am home - doing my hour of cardio every afternoon and eating really well.

I wore a bathingsuit when I was away - I haven't done that in years, I didn't look great but I wasn't too scary. There were a few ladies at the pool who were bigger than me so I sat near them (LOL)
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote