Old 08-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #46  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Actually.........now that you mention it, I often say I need a coke, meaning a diet coke (YUM).

And Kansas.......I have many many many childhood and teen memories in the good ole UP. I have friends and family in Ishpeming, Negaunee, and had many friends go to Mich. Tech. in Houghton. Good times, good times. I recognized all of your "terms." Did you also leave words out of sentences........like, "let's go store, eh?" or "let's go island, eh?" LOL. I don't know if that is just the finish way, or all of the UP. Also........I remember the fact that anything you could ever need, you could purchase at the Holiday gas station........LOL.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #47  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

HAPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NICOLE

I LOVE YOU
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #48  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Birthday--wish you were older than me--LOL!!! Love ya anyway.

I have not been horrible but not great either. Made it through another kickboxing session--yeah me. We are finally getting HOT here and it sucks. I was sweating before class even started--and we are in a warehouse type building so it's toasty anyway.

Everything in Texas is a coke--regardless of what you want. "What kind of coke do you want, Dr. Pepper?" "Whew--it's hot, I need a coke--order me a cherry limeade"

Hit Sam's today so I think I am about ready for my company. I LOVE having company, once I stress myself out, then everyone gets here and I am fine again.

Off to put junk away--the fun part of shopping--NOT!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #49  

Height: 5'2"

Nicole - In so? Do you want to go with? We used to call it Sheboygan English.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #50  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Also-Karen-is hotter than Haiti your version of "hotter than Hades"? I'm always amused by the different variations in phrases and words around the country. QUOTE]
thats it ..... your right, there are a lot of variations, I don't know what is supposed to be the original one , the one I used is the one that I learned many years ago. Funny how things get changed isn't it.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #51  
Katie

Height: 5'1

It gets very cold here in the winter. So cold that my grandma says that it is "Colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra". Also, the roads get very slick. So slick, in fact, that my grandma says that it is "Slicker than snot on a glass door knob". That, my friends, is slick. When the roads are slick, we must drive slowly. So slow, in fact, that my grandma says we are driving slower than "Molasses in January". Someday, I will tell you what my grandma says when someone gets pregnant.....and when they find out their baby is a girl.....and what she says about poor people......oh, and what she says about religious people......hmmm, my grandma, she is SCARY!!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #52  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

LOL Katie that's pretty darn funny! You'll have to share Dan's "crapping kittens" phrase with her! Though from the sound of it, she's probably the orignator of that one too....
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #53  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good evening everyone!

Nicole-Bubble bath and the dollar store?? Now That's MY kinda Birthday!! Hope you had a great birthday weekend!

Happy birthday Wendy!

Amy-so glad your center moved you up-being hungry is not what I signed up for...good luck with the first few days back on the old plan-the weight will even itself out once you get used to it! But I'm hoping for no gain at all!

Karen-sounds like you've been getting your exercise! You are only 3lbs away!! That is exciting.

Joni, Kim-I think the same thing when I see Kim's photo! Your new username should be TINYKim!

Jillian-how was RI?

Alannah-I hope the wellbutrin agreed with you! If so, it can make such a difference! I have a lot of family/friends who are taking different brands and when it works, it works! Good luck with getting the loan you need--house hunting can be so much fun!

Well it's official, as I drove up to my COd I saw the huge truck/ladder changing our sign from LAWL to PURE Weight Loss. I was excpeting some sort of celebration or giveaways or deals at the center but there were none.
I was down a little over a pound which is pretty good. I feel like the scale hasn't budged much in the last 5 days, but as my counselor reminded me I did lose almost 5lbs with the flu and didn't gain it back! So I'm just going to keep on keepin' on.

Dan and Liz have a great time in CO!

Angie-how are you doing? How are those ears?

Lettie-are you out there?

Katie-how's the new baby and new mommy doin?

Have a great night everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #54  
Katie

Amy- They are doing great. The baby is nursing well, and Kara seems to be healing nicely. I don't know if I ever posted his stats. They named him Jackson Cole, he was 8 lbs 11 oz and 22 inches long.

Liza- My mom has a whole notebook of my grandma's sayings. For instance, someone nervous is "As nervous as a fart on a hot griddle."
Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #55  
Post-Master

Oh, Kristen.........I love you too

Yes, where oh where is Lettie? That is why I just signed on. I was just cleaning up my kitchen, and I thought of her I am down 2 kids this week, (the two oldest are at my mom's), and it is so much easier to clean up after 3 than 5, and I instantly thought of Lettie and Wendy

Ok, I have to go finish now, be back later

XOXO
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #56  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - I cry at lots of things on tv (Hallmark commercials get me all the time)...actually, I'm also a wimp and if something is really violent or evil, I change the station and just cannot watch.

I came from Chicago and we said pop. In Georgia, you say coke, but it can mean anything (Dr. Pepper, diet coke, 7 up)....I just say diet coke. And I want me tea UNSWEET; not SWEET. That's hard to get down here sometimes! In Georgia they say bedroom SUIT (I say a bedroom suite). And my nieces and nephews call me ANT Joni (vs AHHHNT Joni)

My family has a mental list of what they call Jonisms. The latest thing I did was buy my DH some "ear goggles" (my name for the headphones you put on to protect your ears when you go skeet or target shooting); I bought an "anatomically" correct clock for the guest room (I mean atomic). I really, really do have a college education!

Y'all have a good night....
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #57  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Katie, we say slower than molasses in January as well, also slicker than snot. Sounds like your gramma is quite a character. I like the one about more nervous than a fart on a hot griddle. You should share some more of those sayings with us. I used to work with a guy who had a lot of sayings to - like I will beat you like a rented mule, or a red headed step child ( he was kidding of course - he wouldn't really)

By the way, congrats Auntie Katie - he sounds like a big baby. I love the name.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #58  
Post-Master

Katie.....your Grandma sounds like a hoot!!! So good to hear the baby is nursing well. Is this your sister's first baby? She is so lucky to have you to help her

Joni.........sweet tea is huge here too........and being from the north, I had never heard of it.......lol. I had had sweetend iced tea with LEMON, but not just sugar. It cracks me up.....you can even get it at McDonald's!!!

Also.......my kids tease me about a few of my words and expressions.....like:
tony nails = toe nails
cheesy noodles = macaroni and cheese
rise above it....apparently that is my response to my children's tattles when they are arguing......
the list goes on......

also......I REFUSE to watch anything scary or violent. It gives me a stomach ache.....so I too am a whimp. What can ya do? The good thing is, I have censored what my kids have watched, and my opposition to violence has only done them good.

So where is Cassi today?

Keep up the hard work, Amy!!

Lynn.......very funny about Shabenglish!!!!

Lea Ann.......WTG on the kick boxing. I am just too tired to do that crap......LOL. And, I don't think you are older than me

Ok, hello to eveyone I missed. I am going to put DS to bed and relax a bit I am anxious and nervous to WI tomorrow after my B-Day eats.
XOXO
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #59  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

Mama Nicole - they say it is a small world - I am a born and bred Hematite - that would be from Ishpeming for all the non Yoopers. If you are from Lower Michigan we call you trolls (they live below the bridge!). I probably know some of your family since I graduated from Ishpeming High School and Northern Michigan University (home to Steve Maruci and the founder of Starbucks!). And yes, it is always proper to leave the unnecessary words from sentences out - usually the prepositions. I could definitely eat a pasty (from anywhere in Negaunee or Ishpeming) followed by a cudighi from Tino's in Negaunee right about now...

Oh boy - guess I better call my mom - I've gone and made myself homesick!
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #60  
Katie

Hehe, you guys are so funny!

About poor people, my grandma says that they "Don't have a pot to p$ss in or a window to throw it out of."

About religious people, "She wouldn't say sh$t if she had a turd in each hand and a mouthful."