Old 08-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

OH! I forgot to share one of my Non-Scale Victories (NSV)! During preplanning, one of my teachers asked me if I had liposuctioned my face over the summer!! I said no just LAWL! Although I have only lost a few pounds, it felt good that someone noticed! Wishing you all many NSVs, as well as, SVs this week!
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #242  
LAWL Salt Police

Renee - Great NSV.. The stuff around the face seems to go the fastest, so it's the first thing people notice.. It's a great feeling!!

Kim303 - Salt is my number one downfall too, so that's why I've become so anal about keeping the sodium content WAY down... It was very hard at first, but after going a couple of weeks without dumping salt on everything, I started noticing how salty stuff tastes anyway.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #243  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone! Today is officially my last day of summer! 3rd year of law school starts tomorrow morning and I am NOT looking forward to the old grind of class, reading, studying and struggling to keep up. Tonight I will be pre-planning my meals and just hoping I can stick to it. There will be two nights where both lunch and dinner will have to be eaten on campus. I have a cooler ready to go, but just trying to get my laptop and books with me and out the door is hard enough, let alone two full meals! But there's really no way around it. I just hate change....and I've loved my schedule this summer since I've been working and able to be home at the same time every evening....ugh.
Anway, sorry to vent! I have had a great, relaxing almost POP weekend. Doing the FF/TO was actually just what I needed to change things up a bit.

I had a question...I'm sure it's not allowed...but has anyone heard of doing a 3day Fast forward/to? Basically I was doing a FF with limited protein and juice, no lites. I have juice left and was kind of hoping to do it again today....but I have a feeling the COD would not be happy. Any thoughts?

Dan-I'm surprised you sound dissapointed you wont be coming up to NorCal? You must like the excitement of being transported to new places. I'm not sure where Mineral is, but Redding is a few hours up the road.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! My brother and his girlfriend will be stopping by this evening to stay the night! He is moving to Chico (2 hours north of us) for school and is driving up to bring up some stuff to move in and check out his new house. I love having company so I'm excited!

Speaking of moving-how were the houses you have seen so far, Allanah?
and
Felicia? are you internet ready in the new house yet? I hope it has all gone smoothly! I know school starts soon, so I'm sure you are just SO busy!

Nicole-hope you made it safe and sound to WI with a working A/C!

I'm off to mop the floors and get some laundry goin!

Have a great Sunday, all!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #244  

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,
Renee it is so nice when people notice the change that occurred because of your hard work.
Dan - glad to see you around. I cannot tell if you are glad or sad that your assignment was cancelled.
Amy - best wishes in the 3L year. My two sons are Attorneys so I remember well the law school journeys. I will bet that this year will fly by.

Hope everyone is having a POP weekend.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #245  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Renee - what a nice compliment! Take it and enjoy! Good luck to you and all of the other teachers getting ready to go back to work.

Dan - sorry your plans got canceled. I understand that you're thrown for a loop when you get a call like that, then get yourself all psyched up to go and then they pull the plug. Hope you were able to resume your weekend plans and enjoy!

Hi to Joni, Nicole, Heather, Kims, Debbies, Pearl, Alannah, Amy, Lynn, Jill, Katy, Katie, Tina, Karen, Julie and all losers!

I'm going to try to get back to posting more regularly again. Nicole - Those dresses would sell like hotcakes! Your lil ones and your garden are great! I loved looking at the pics!

I've just been maintaining what I lost during the month on the program. They have me on hiatus for another couple of weeks until they start marketing their new product. I'm not sure how this affects other franchises, but the southern california ones will be seeing a change. It's nothing that's been mentioned in these forums so we'll see. I think in the meantime I need to look over my diet a little more carefully because I had wanted to continue to lose weight even though officially on hiatus.

I know yesterday was about as non-POP as could be! It started off strong but then there was a company party on the bay. I didn't make bad food choices despite the cake, cookies, truffles, cupcakes and brownies, but there was a keg. Then when I got home Mini-Me and I were pretty hungry so I gave in and ordered pizza. It wasn't veggie and I had more than two slices. We'll see how today goes. My boss is having a party to "kill the keg" during the pre-season Chargers/Seahawks game this afternoon. I'm surprised the TV station didn't ask me to fly tonight over the stadium... they always do for the first pre-season game. I'm on call and have to be a good girl until that 5PM broadcast.

In the meantime, I need to get moving and clean up the effects of the teenage tornado in the house. Gotta get that dog out for a run too. He's getting antsy.

Hope you're all having a great weekend! (I'm still dreaming of Mexico!)
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #246  
LAWL Salt Police

Evening gang... Time to wrap up the week's posts as usual...

Amy.. Mixed feelings about not getting to go on the assignment.. While I'm happy that I won't be leaving my family for two weeks, I'm disappointed also.. We haven't had much of a fire season this year, so I've been a bit bored.. Also, because my job is much more than fire information, it's rare that I get a window of opportunity to actually leave the state to go to a fire, while most of my co-workers get to go regularly.. In fact, in the 4 years I've been with State Forestry, I've never been able to leave on a 2 week assignment...

Anyway.. We had a POP day, and I'm hoping to see some more results.. Right now I'm fighting off the munchies, so maybe I'd best go to bed..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:30 AM   #247  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Kim the Third! We seem to have a TN version of each name, and now two Kim's there too.

Renee -- Those are long days at work, is it always like that, or just the first week or two?

Amylou -- Good luck at school tomorrow! If you can't carry too much, there's always slimdowns and veggie sticks, boring as it sounds. Back to school is such an exciting time (maybe more for the kids than the teachers from what I'm hearing!) and I can't resist buying school supplies. I just use them to keep me organized at work.

Liza -- Did you settle on any vacation plans yet? I didn't realize you were on hiatus, can't wait to hear about your new plan.

We had a busy day at Wonderland yesterday. That's our biggest theme park in this neck of the woods. We pretty much just covered the kiddie area a few times. DS had a blast. He met Dora, Boots and Diego, flew a helicopter, went in a rocket...splashed in puddles, all the important stuff. He was so funny, we were in the middle of a coconut ride and he looked at me, very seriously and said, "Momma, I'm having fun." lol Usually he's up an hour and a half earlier than this, but he's just wiped out today, and still sleeping. I figured I'll let him sleep and go in to work a bit late. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. All that walking, riding and mayhem have taken their toll on my body today.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #248  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Dan - How much salt should we limit ourselves to each day? I know the recommended daily allowance is quite high (as is the calorie allowance and everything else recommended so I know I can't count on that!) I have quit putting salt in the food I prepare or on any food I eat, but I am surprised each day by all the hidden sodium I find. However, I know our bodies require some amount to function properly and I just don't know what that amount is. Since you're the Salt Police, I'm counting on you to clear this up for me! Oh, and why does the lemon water thing work so well? Does it have to be hot? I have a hard time drinking anything hot (except coffee!) Is it just as acceptable to take diuretics (water pills)?
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Renee-Congrats on the NSV! Its great when people start to notice. I live in Maryville and I agree, its a great place!

TN Heather, hows it going neighbor? I went to WI Saturday and didnt know a single counselor at the COD, freaked me out!

WI was good Saturday, I was down a whole pounds from my weight when I started stabilization, then had pizza Saturday night and blew that all to hades! LOL Oh well, today starts a new week! Heres to being POP!!!

Other TN Kim! I answered your PM. Its nice to meet you! Maybe me, you and Heather can get together for coffee or something! We'll work on that!

Good Monday morning everybody else! Hope you have an absolutely amazing week!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #250  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Hey TN Kim! I haven't been going to the COD long so I'm not sure I'd recognize a new face if I saw one. It does seem strange that there's so much turnover at many of the COD's talked about on this forum. I had a good WI Friday. I changed my ticker to show my bare-naked weigh-in weight since that's seems more realistic to me and it's the one I'm tracking every single morning.

I guess I should quit posting to last week's thread and move on to the new one. Just didn't want to leave you hanging! Thanks for asking!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote