Any comments about S'Mores bars?

• Hi---I buy a lot of bars on ebay, since my center closed last year and I've been "going it alone." There are a few large lots of S'Mores bars for sale. They never carried that flavor at my center, so I would like to hear some opinions before I stock up. Are they too sweet? Do they have a graham cracker layer with a marshmallow filling? I can remember being disappointed when I bought a box of the Chocolate Fudge Brownie (another flavor they don't sell in my area). They tasted very much like other flavors of the chocolate bars, with nothing resembling a brownie texture. I wish I had consulted this forum before that purchase!

Thanks in advance for any input.
  • I really like the Smores lites. I didn't find them to be as sweet as the Caramel (those are too sweet!) and they were really tasty. I've not had them in a while as my center has stopped carrying them, but if I remember correctly, there was very little taste of graham cracker, though it was detectable. Yummy!
  • Thanks! I think I'll give them a try.

I found that when my center would stop carrying some of my favorite flavors, I could always find them on ebay. Even my beloved Fruit&Oat bars, which have been discontinued in a lot of areas (I make sure to get the ones with the 2005 copyright, rather than 2003---ensures that you have fresh bars). I also tried, and contine to purchase, the Caramel Deluxe flavor, which they don't sell in my region.
  • I looooove the s'mores, they're by far my favourite. I was told they had been discontinued altogether, and based on what I've seen on ebay, that seems to be the case; for awhile, the supply on ebay was decreasing, until one or two people started selling them in huge quantities quite recently. From what I saw, almost all of them had expiry dates of March '07, so I certainly wouldn't buy them. I bought some a couple of months ago with June and July expiry dates, and most were still good, but some were stale already, so I definitely wouldn't trust March ones, especially in such huge lots. The seller insists that they're good, but I'm not that trusting with my money, I'm afraid!
  • Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, I have never tasted the LA smores bars, but I do buy the luna bar smores flavor and that is pretty good, my favorite is the vanilla almond, peppermint stick, and peanut butter. Good luck with your purchase.
    Nanette
  • I just bought Smore's and Cherry Chocolate from Ebay since my center does not carry either flavor. I think they are both really yummy.

The only other flavor I like (and can buy from center) is Caramel. Others are ok just not fav's as the three mentioned above.
  • when i was doing the LAWL bars i really like the s'mores ones. i also loved the lemon and fruit and oat!
  • I went ahead and bought a very small quantity from the guy selling the bars with the 3/07 expiration date. If they are not as soft and moist as they should be, I just won't buy any more.

I'm glad the newer bars actually have expiration dates! I can remember when all you had to go on was the copyright date. I can remember in 2006, getting a couple of boxes of Fruit & Oat with the 2003 copyright, rather than the 2005, which the newer ones have. They were edible, but very dry. I make sure to ask now.

It is always a bummer when your favorite flavor is discontinued. I do have a lot of shake mixes, so I can switch to those when I can't find lites in my favorite flavors.
  • I like the cherry chocolate too, but those are no longer available in my area either. I have about 5 weeks of bars left and am considering using eBay and/or purchasing Luna bars thanks to all the great feedback you all have provided! I don't post oftenn (I need to get better), but I really do get a lot from everyone else!! Thanks!!!
  • As long as you are assertive, and ask a lot of questions ("Are these bars fresh from the center?" "Do these bars have an expiration date?") you can get some great bars at a rock-bottom price. Unfortunately for some people, they have bought a ton of bars at the center, and either quit the program or (not so unfortunately) lost their weight a lot faster than they had anticipated. You see a lot of people dumping their excess bars on ebay.

I refused to buy the bars upfront, and I let the counselors know that I intended to buy a lot of the bars online. They never gave me a hard time about it. I took advantage of specials at the center, so between that and ebay, I always had a good stock.
  • I was just on EBay and if you like s'mores flavor there is lots of 186 bars for about $90US
  • I loved the smores but would be careful to make sure they are fresh
  • I got my bars from ebay---the ones with the 3/07 expiriation date---and mine were very soft and moist. I was hoping for more of a graham cracker crust taste, but the they taste very good. More of a real candy bar taste than some of the other flavors.

I don't know if I'll stock up, but I won't be afraid to buy another small order from that seller.