Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #1  
It's MY Life

Default New "Simple Meal Plan"

Hi, First of all I want to tell everyone a big thank you for all of the great information that you have posted here on the website! I don't think I could have gotten this much info from a phone call to the site.
I live about 50 miles from the closest site and wanted to research it ahead of time before making the drive.
I DO have a question--I just saw an ad for LA Weightloss "new plan" It is called the "Simple Meal Plan." Do any of you know anything about it? Just curious as to how it is different from all that I have seen on here. Thanks in advance for any info you might have!
AdoAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  

well, in some markets they are offering new pre-packaged meals! So they are recommending a Slim down, 1-2 prepacked meals and 2 la lites per day to help people with planning etc.... I will try one of the new meals tomorrow, and let everyone know how good they are.

(just another money maker) However the owners are saying that they wont be making a ton of money on them
notonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #3  
It's MY Life

Thanks for the info! They sure are changing things -- I saw the "Feel Full" info also. Seems like a lot of changes in one summer. Let me know what you think of the meals please.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #4  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

It may also be the one that goes with the new plate that you don't have to "weigh and measure", you just fill up the alotted space in the plate and that's the portion.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

This is the first I've heard about prepackaged meal. I would be interested in more info about them. What flavors/types & how they taste. Keep me updated after you try them notonadiet!
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Wow! I am shocked. The main reason I joined LAWL was bc they allowed you to chose your own foods. Pre packaged foods don't exist in the real world...

Annie-you should call your closest center and ask what the name of their plan is! Most likely they are still on the Colored plan or they are transitioning to the numbered Free to live/Feel full plans! GOOD LUCK!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #7  
Jody

S/C/G: 200/179/140

Height: 5'8"

I weighed in this morning after my second week on the new plan. UP 1.5 LBS!!! I'm not too discouraged 'cause clothes are fitting different. I picked up the brochure on the prepackaged meals:

Chicken Chili w/beans - 1 S, 1 P
Chicken Noodle w/Veg - 1 S, 1 P
Green Pepper Beef Steak w/rice & veg - 1 S, 1 P
Pasta Fagioli - 1 S, 1 P
Rotini w/ meat sauce - 1 S, 1 P
Salisbury Steak w/ sauce & potatoes - 1 S, 1 P
Stroganoff Sauce w/ beef & noodles - 1 s, 1 P
Mushroom Risotto - 2 S, 1/2 P
Vegetarian Pasta Salad - 2 S, 1/2 P
Chicken Cacciatore w/rice - 2 S, 1 P
Jamaica Style Chicken - 2 S, 1 P
Lemon Herb Chicken w/sauce & rice - 2 S, 1 P
Savory Chicken w/rice - 2 S, 1 P
Vegetable Lasagna - 2 S, 1 P
jtb803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  
It's MY Life

I appreciate all of the info -- I will watch for the commercial again and then most likely give the center a call. I did see on another website that LAWL is now offering an "at home program" too. Wonder how that works? It is like $219, but can't remember for how long that is or if it included the lites.
Thanks again!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #9  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

The at home version is the plan on the website. The lites aren't included, but you don't have to go to the center. It used to be $219 for startup and then like $14 a month. It may have changed with all the new changes going on, some of the centers that are changing names now are giving a year access to the website for free.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

When I weighed in today, I was shown a flyer with the new prepared meals.
I asked about the price and she said she thought that they were $3.99. She was unsure because this was the first day she worked this week. I am unclear if they are frozen meals or like the Nutri System meals that are just "shelf ready." I wonder how they preserve them without the addition of loads of sodium? The Nutri System meals are over the LAWL recommended amounts of sodium. I should know since I still have some NS meals in my cabinet. I should sell them on Ebay.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I would be willing to bet the sodium is similar to NS or WW or LCs . . . .and the WWs and LCs are a lot cheaper . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #12  

I saw them yesterday at WI. They're vacuum sealed, so no refrigeration necessary. They are $3.99, which is twice what I pay for LC... I looked at one of the boxes, don't remember which variety, and the sodium was 660...
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #13  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'll stick with my LCs, Lean Pockets, and pre-slicing of the veggies. A lot cheaper, though the pre-packaged haven't even been mentioned here. I wonder if it's a franchisce COD thing.

Though if I could get the plate, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I'm sick and tired of the scale at this point!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #14  

The plates are for the new numbered plans!
I have had 4 of the meals, they are really good... also very filling. The sodium is a little high, but you dont taste it like you do in some meals! In our market, we can get a price break for buying more, so can be as low as 3.19 apiece!
notonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #15  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Well at least they taste good. I'm not into frozen meals and am really not into the idea of "shelf ready" unless there is a natural disaster. I just started buying lean cuisine and was pleasantly surprised that it was good and filling! At less than $2/piece I'll stick with those. I'm kinda dissapointed LAWL is offering the prepackaged--that's what set them apart in my eyes-but I guess when the market calls-they must answer!

I like the new avatar, Megan!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote