Old 07-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #61  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Tina-I've only had her for 3 months-it seems wrong that I'd consider letting her stay overnight! My SIL wouldn't let her kids stay the night somewhere until they were like 4 or 5 years old . . . .then again-she hates being alone. I love it . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:00 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Yay!!! JM's back!!!!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #63  
New mommy again :-)

Trust me, JM...I'm with ya 100%
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #64  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Back for DD's md appt and all was fine. Nothing showed up on the urinalysis but they are culturing it. I'm thinking she may just be irritated from all the swimming and sand play while we were camping.

My DD is 4 1/2 now and never stayed overnight with anyone (my sister) until about 6 mos ago. That was mainly by my choice. My parents are both deceased or I'm sure I would have been willing to let my mom keep her much earlier on in her life. No way she can go to MIL, luckly DH agrees It is wonderful to have a free evening now and then but I still miss her. A word of advice though, you wait too long and then it becomes their choice not to. I would have preferred her to staying with my sis a little sooner but she was having no part of it!

On the daycare thing when they are very little it is tougher on mom than then. DD went through a stage where she was very clingy but as soon as I was out of site she dried it up and started playing. She couldn't let mom feel un-needed now could she? Somebody asked me one time how I could stand to work and leave her all day....my response was that if I stayed home with our combined therapy bills would put us in bankruptcy. We are just too much alike.... a bit OCD and control freaks Boy I dread those teenage years. My biggest fear is she hits puberty and I hit menapause at the same time. YIKES, watch out world and poor DH will probably have to move

Just finished my TO lunch....2 grilled chicken strips, small lettuce and cuke salad, and broccoli - doesn't that just sound yummy? Actually it wasn't too bad and I'm stuffed now. Well I better run and get some work done today.

Cassi, JM, Emmy's Mom, Angie, Katie, Heather, and anyone out there I've missed....Have a great afternoon
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #65  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Went to WI this morning and was down a pound since Saturday! Just a few more pounds and I'll be in Two-topia!! DH has lost 48 pounds!! I'm so proud of him. And he is my biggest cheerleader, too. The other day, we drove to our new house for our favorite hobby - peeking in the windows! (We don't get a key until we close tomorrow.) Anyway, I jumped out to look in the windows while DH stayed in the Expedition with the kids. After we got home, he said, "I was watching you looking in the windows and I could REALLY see your weightloss from behind." May sound like an odd compliment, but I thought it was sweet!

I don't know how much I'll be posting in the next few days. We won't get cable/internet hooked up for a week or so. We plan to leave one computer here so we can stop back by check email, but the others will go and sit quietly at the new house for a while. It's probably for the best. That way, I won't get distracted from unpacking!

Oh, well - back to packing! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:24 PM   #66  
Katy66

Felicia - I think people sometimes have a hard time just coming out and saying "great job on losing weight! I'm not sure why since sometimes what they end up saying sounds much odder. I had someone at work tell me I was taking up less space...now that was odd! She is a great friend though and it was wonderful to hear. You've worked hard so take the compliments! Good luck with the packing and hurry with that internet connection
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:29 PM   #67  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

That's a fantastic compliment, what a sweetie

And big congrats on the accomplishment!!!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #68  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Katy - Glad DD is doing better. Very funny comment.....
Quote:
My biggest fear is she hits puberty and I hit menapause at the same time.
Yipee.........Julie's back!!! Love all your updated Josie pics and stories on the blog. Thanks for sharing so much. I can't provide a bit of advice on parenting....I can tell you that I feel guilty when I leave my dogs at the kennel...but, amazingly, they survive and actually seem to enjoy their time there. Personally, I would think being in the same house day in and day out; the same yard, etc., would get really boring and the change in scenery a welcome sight. But then, dogs are not human (so I'm told). I hope you figure out the sleep situation because I'm a firm believer that a good night's sleep is critical to your health and overall weight loss. I also know, though, that you know how to research this out and you'll eventually have it all figured out!!

Julie - do you still go to a COD? Just curious. I don't so this board is my sole source of support.... (BTW, you asked about Mama Nicole - Her internet is down at home.....she'll be back....)!!

Liz - good to see the numbers going down for you......keep up the great work!

Shannon - when you figure out a cure for that lingering headache...let me know...I've been in the same boat for a few days. I even canned day two of TO because I really, really hurt. I plan to try again tomorrow.

Felicia - congrats on the scale and good luck with the move...can't wait to see your photo montage when everything is situated in the new place. Also, did you ever do the "tutu shoot?" or whatever you called it???

Gotta run....
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #69  
FBD/8-18-08

JulieMarie - It's so great to see you too! You're one of the many I immediately asked about upon my return from computer hiatus... As for that precious bundle of yours...
First rule for a new mom... accept help from those you trust. Their motives are pure and their hearts are open to share and sow into your life/lives. LET THEM!!! It doesn't make you less of a Mom, it makes you a Mom that wants to let your baby get as much love from all directions as possible. Not only that, but you are looking at it as a chore for them, they are looking at it as a wonderful blessing to be able to share time with your baby! So bless them by giving them time with Josie. It will also help Josie to adapt to a changing environment in a safe, loving and protected way.
Hope you don't mind my 2 cents worth...
You know me - always sticking my nose where it doesn't belong
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #70  
New mommy again :-)

Pearl - your post gave me goosebumps. When my mom wanted to keep my DD last weekend, my immediate reaction was "Are you kidding me?!" Then, my husband said, "If you ever want to bless your mom, this is how"...and he was right. So I reluctantly said OK and my mom and DD had a great weekend together.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #71  
Princess Heather

Juliemarie.....I'm learning that a break is always a good thing. I used to watch that TV show 7th Heaven...and every once in awhile the mom would go away by herself...and I always thought that was awful.....until I had kids! I adore my children...but sometimes I need a break! Because my kids are foster children I can only have approved people take care of them...so I was sure to get my best friend and my mother in law, and my pastor and his wife all approved...so I have all my bases covered! DFS has gone to daycare most of the summer....part time and it's been wonderful. It's given me time with DFD and to get other things done. and the day before school starts BOTH of them are going and I'm planning a "Heather Day!" I'm sure other moms around here can atest to this....Motherhood is not for WHIMPS!!!!!

As for my family....we are getting good news on both the kids as far as adoption is concerned...but nothing's final until that judge signs those papers! I'll keep you posted Juliemarie!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #72  
Princess Heather

And Tina.....to add to what your husband started...remember what a blessing your mom will be to your DD......Some of my BEST childhood memories are with my grandparents! I was very fortunate to have both my grandparents well into adulthood......but I'll never forget the GREAT times we had with them as kids!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #73  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
QUOTE=Prazteam;1797565]First rule for a new mom... accept help from those you trust. Their motives are pure and their hearts are open to share and sow into your life/lives. LET THEM!!! It doesn't make you less of a Mom, it makes you a Mom that wants to let your baby get as much love from all directions as possible. Not only that, but you are looking at it as a chore for them, they are looking at it as a wonderful blessing to be able to share time with your baby! So bless them
Blessings,
[/QUOTE]

Wow Pearl.... Very well said. You are such a wise woman. As a Gramma, that is exactly how I feel. When my grandbabies were just little, I spent lots of time with them, and it was such a treat to have a baby around the house for a little bit. Now the kids are getting a little bigger, and there parents love it when the kids come here. In fact, if I am busy doing something, i never stop by my son's house, because my 3 y/o granddaughter will cry if she can't come with me. She will stand there hugging me saying pleaaasssseeeee gramma can I come home with you..... if I can't take her cause I am busy, it just breaks my heart to leave her behind.

As for the daycare stuff, just gotta tell you a quick story. When I first put my son in daycare - he was 4 yrs old. I worried about him all day long. I had the day off, but sent him, since the daycare was only 2 blks away, thought I was close if something was to go wrong. I cried when I left him, and then went home and unpacked boxes - and spent all day thinking about him. Finally about 3 pm I broke down and went and got him ..... and he was having so much fun playing with all these other kids his age - he didn't want to come home.

Anway, hope everyone is having a great day - I gotta go, will try to check in later.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #74  
Let's try this again . .

Cassi-Hey girl! How's school?

Joni-not going to the COD though technically I've got paid weeks just flying by. I just don't get anything but aggravation from them. It always seemed a waste of time.

Pearl-you're right on the money as usual . . . Josie always seems to want to know where I am-as if she's worried I'll leave her or something. Probably I'm reading more into it than is necessary. I just am overcompensating for all the change and loss in her life.

Heather-good luck with the adoption. I know how complicated it can get with foster children.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #75  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Joni - I never got to do the tutu photo shoot. Right after I got the idea, we found the house and our lives have pretty much been a whirlwind ever since. I am planning to do it in early fall - once we're settled into the new house! I already have a half a dozen mommies interested in bringing over their little ballerinas for the shoot!

As for daycare - when DS was born, I was working at our church as the computer graphics designer and children's choir coordinator (to 750 kids!!). Our church also has a daycare, so when I went back to work, it wasn't TOO bad to leave him there. In fact, I knew the quickest route and could get from my desk to his crib in under a minute! It was harder with DD because I was back in the classroom and my school is about 5 miles away, but having them both in a place that we knew and trusted helped so much. During holidays, DD will ask after a couple of days at home, "Mommy, can I please go see my friends today?" so I know she loves it there. But just week, there was a morning when she clung to my legs and wept and didn't want to stay. Unfortunately, I had to leave her so I get some packing done. Her teacher told me when I went to get her that as soon as I left, DD was just fine.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote