Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #1  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Default Food Guilt

OK. I know in my book it says I can have pizza under CC. But last night we actually ordered one for the first time since I started this program and I felt so guilty eating it!! It was almost like I shouldn't eat it because it could undo everything I've accomplished over the last 8 weeks. So today I'm really sucking down the water hoping against hope that I don't end up some astronomical number on the scale when I go WI on Monday. Is this something everyone goes through or am I just a little bit short of a load in my pea brain?
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #2  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

Height: 5'4"

Laurie, I could not stay on this diet if I didn't have the once a week pizza CC. I truly look forward to it and it's the only CC that I do. You may see a few ounce gain for a day or two, but then it all goes off. You'll be fine!
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #3  
Laurie

Thanks Jill!! I know I'm a little anal about things but I want so badly to get to goal and I get so nervous about the possibility that I may not get there. I know it sounds silly but that's just the way my head works. I'll try not to get so whacked out about things and just take my eating however it comes and do the best I can.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #4  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Laurie:

Try to monitor your scales since eating the pizza and see how it affects you. If you are not pleased with the results you can weigh if it is worth it to you in the future. Everything can be a learning experience but we also need a treat every once in a while to make it worth while.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Taking advantage of an occassional CC is one of the ways this plan works. Embrace it (Just not TOO often)!!

Remember, one of the mottos is "Free to Live", so that means we can eat healthy, lose weight, but still enjoy occassional indulgences.

The important thing to remember is that you must stick to the plan guide.. Yes, pizza is allowed, but no more than one "pizzaria" slice or two from "the Hut" or Domino's...

It's also very important, I've found, that when you plan to have pizza, make sure your daily starch intake is from the light variety...

If your pizza indulgence is going to bump you up in weight, you'll know probably a day and a half after. But I've also found that staying strictly POP after indulging lessens any afteraffects you might have.. Then again, that's just me and everybody is different...

Damn, a big 'ol slice of pepperoni, sausage and green chile sounds good right now...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #6  
Princess Heather

Laurie...that's the beauty of LAWL...the other day right after weigh in I stopped and got an OP quarter pounder. I had to count two starches and a protein but it was a very good OP hamburger! Like Dan said, enjoy it some but not too often.......don't feel guilty about eating food that's enjoyable and ON PLAN!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Laurie,
I've seen a slight blip up from pizza for a day or two, as it can be a bit salty, but really, if you stay on plan and do it only occasionally, it shouldn't set you back at all. It is part of learning how to live as a thin person, as eventually in life there is going to be pizza and you need to learn how to have a little of it responsibly. Since it is not just a race to get the weight off, but a process of learning how to become a thin person. I think eating a little pizza and figuring out that it can fit into your life occasionally is part of that metamophisis into a thin person. So a little pizza is part of the journey to a permanently thinner you.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #8  

Heather and everyone,
That is really funny about stopping right after your WI, I do the SAME thing only my addiction of choice is sushi. I LOVE the stuff. I drink lots of water and make sure I do the lemon water that day too. I have only been doing LAWL for 3 weeks and was terrified to eat the sushi. My COD gave me a page that lists the different counts for sushi choices which is great. I just watch the soy sauce since it is loaded with sodium and use the light kind. I am ok with fermented soy but allergic to soy protein, so I am always careful of not overdoing the soy sauce even if it is light. I just make up for it by using lots of wasabi.

These boards are so great, I cannot tell you how much I have learned from you'all sharing.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #9  

Barbara

Man are you ever smart!!! The last time I lost weight I did it by totally elminiating all the "bad stuff" and then when I went off the diet I totally gained it all back and then some. A little pizza teaches us that we can learn portion control, when I indulge in sushi now I just eat a handful of sugar snap peas before I go so I have something in my stomach and I am not going in really hungry. that is another thing I learned on my 3 weeks on LAWL, to eat every 3 to 3 1/2 hours keeps me on track. Waiting until I hear stomach growls is not a good thing. Then it is basically, tie everything down, cause I am hungry and lose control very easily.

My COD also suggested the occasional CC like pizza, and my favorite since I moved to the northwest is Pizza Schmizza. Pieces are "healthy" in size, so I only have one and COD suggested mopping up the oil on the top with a napkin first. I am horrified as to how much there is on the napkin. YIKES.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:37 PM   #10  

My problem's not food guilt yet (although I'm sure I'll get there eventually...LOL). My problem is better described as food fear. I have not tried to add pizza back into the diet yet...haven't even been to a restaurant yet....I'm afraid it'd be like opening Pandora's box and I'd go hog wild!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #11  
Laurie

Thak you all for the words of wisdom and support. I go WI today but hopped on my scales at home and, according to my scales, I stayed where I was before the pizza. But I did like Dan said and stayed strictly POP for the next couple of days and drank loads of water. Hopefully that's the trick I can use if I ever do this again. Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for the support. You have no idea how much it means when others know what you're going through, whether real or imagined. But then again, maybe you all do know and that's why you're here for the rest of us.