Old 07-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #1  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Default Lemon Water Question...

In order to help with water retention, does it have to be HOT lemon water or will lemon water suffice? Will any amount of lemon work or is more better?
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #2  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Hi - This was a question that I had asked when I first joined - I ended up with quite a few pages of answers, to boot. So you might search "Hot Lemon Water" and see if that thread comes up. In the meantime, this is what I learned:
(1) YES, it has to be HOT water; something about the heat interacting with the lemon;
(2) It is best to do 8oz hot water per 1/2 lemon (fresh - and use the WHOLE half of the lemon, not just the juice - there are oils in the skin of the lemon that lend to the cleansing effect)
(3) do the water in the morning, before you eat/drink anything, helping to exaggerate the "cleansing" effect (this is from my dr)
Good luck! If you put "hot lemon water" in your web browser, you'll be shocked at the pages come up touting the health benefits of HLW.
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #3  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

What if I bathe in it?????? LOL Thank you. That was very, very helpful. I always forget about the search option in these forums. Thank you!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #4  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

That actually reminds me of another point that I learned the hard way: you can drink TOO much of HLW - I went through a week or so where I was having it in the morning and having it at night - thought I was being so clever...I GAINED weight - I was taking in too much water (it does count towards your total amount of water you take in during the day). So there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #5  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Does hot tea with lemon count?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

No... for some reason it has to be plain water. Again, not sure of the science behind it. But if you're putting in 1/2 a lemon, how good is that tea gonna taste anyway? However, some people have tried other things with success. Maybe you can test it?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote