Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 09:43 AM   #16  

I went to the center this morning to weigh in. No gain or loss over the last three days while I was at my parents. I am pretty happy considering I ate a few things that were not on plan.

Anyone have any New Years Plans?

My boyfriends Mom, Sister, and Bro-in-Law are all coming over. I am trying to figure out what kind of munchies to make. I do not want any leftovers so I am only making a little more than enough.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!
Old 12-30-2001, 07:24 PM   #17  

Default New, oldie

I was here about a year ago. I lost on LA and then slowly gained almost all of it back . I am back in the saddle again. This is my second day of take off.

For the past 9 months I have done nothing but think about trying to conceive. Well, it has helped me gain weight, but not have a baby.

Well, I will talk to you guys later,

Crystal
Old 12-30-2001, 09:17 PM   #18  

Crystal-

Welcome back to LA. I wish you the best of luck at losing and also at conceiving! Are LA thread has been a little slow with the holidays but I am hoping that it will pick up again soon.

How much are you trying to lose?
Old 12-31-2001, 09:28 AM   #19  

Default thank for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome. I want to lose 40 lbs. Really I could lose more, but I don't ever remember being that little so I don't know what I will look like. I'm 5'3", so that is still high for my height, but I carry my weight pretty good. I'm an apple. Top heavy and a big stomach, which makes me very unproportioned. I have skinny legs. Anyway, I'm at 187 now. I weigh in today.
The bad thing to me about this program is that I hate vegetables, ( of course I love starch vegetables).

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I'll let you all know how I do this today.

Crystal
Old 12-31-2001, 09:54 AM   #20  

Honeybun-
Good luck at weigh in! I should go in today also, but I do not thing I will. I am having some people over tonight and I have a million things to do. Namely....make a million little finger foods that I can not eat! I also have to finish cleaning house...ick.

You mentioned you hate veggies and it brought something to mind. There was someone who posted here not long ago that said she hated fruit. The center told her she could substitute her fruit for more dairy and starch I think. If you really dont like veggies maybe they can do something similar for you. After all...you need something that works well for you!
Old 12-31-2001, 03:47 PM   #21  

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

I did not make it to the center this past week... going to try to get there Wed or Thursday..

I've really been off plan... hope that I can get back on track...

I had intended to go Sat... with the holidays and work... I had not been able to go... then, I didn't feel good Sat... I have been in pain on my right side since Sat... no rest at night... anyhow, my hubby took me to the ER this AM... I have a cracked rib... don't know how I've done it... but, I had told him about 1:30 AM that I thought that it was my ribs... some of you may recall that he had 3 cracked by machinery back last spring... I din't feel it was my kidneys nor gallbladder since the pain was constant & never moving... it was worse when I moved or tried to sit or lay down, but always in the same place... not moving around to my back... anyhow, I'm just counting my blessings that it wasn't anything else...

at first... I thought that it was due to my eating too much... but... not that...

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Later,
Nancy
Old 12-31-2001, 04:29 PM   #22  

Nancy-

Sorry to hear about your rib. I guess there is not much they can do for that though eh?

I have been a little off plan throughout the holidays. Luckily I have managed to maintain though. I am having some people over tonight and I am planning on sending leftovers home with them! Starting tomorrow I am getting serious again. I want to make my Valentines goal!!! 50 lb loss would be awesome! That would make me almost 1/2 way to goal.

Take care all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2001, 05:21 PM   #23  

I lost 6 lbs. I couldn't believe it. I'm sure a lot of it was water weight.

Sorry about your rib. That is strange. Maybe you did it in your sleep.

I start the plan tomorrow. wish me luck

Crystal
Old 12-31-2001, 06:31 PM   #24  

That is awesome Crystal!!! You did a great job with the Take Off. Hope you have a great on plan week!

Do you plan on going to the center 3 times a week?
Old 12-31-2001, 07:06 PM   #25  

I will be weighing in 3 times a week. Thanks for the congrats. I hope to continue my success.

Talk to you later,
Crystal
Old 12-31-2001, 08:54 PM   #26  

Jibbelle,

Hope that you & your guests have a nice evening bringing in the new year... you are wise to send the left overs home with them. We made some candy & some treats over the holidays... sweets are my downfall... I made some homemade potato soup on the 27th... my hubby had asked for it... it is yummy... I used low fat half&half... but, it still probably had way more than what I needed... especially when we top it with some grated cheese & bacon bits... according to the scales at the dr... I've gained 3 to 4 pounds... don't doubt it... I've been bad... I've got to get serious again... good thing that Christmas only comes once a year... it's the homemade treats are harder to resist... I know that I can always put my hands on the store bought ones... so, I can usually restrain from them... hopefully we can get back to no-baking... & I need to start my walking again.

Crystal,

It's nice to meet you & I'm happy for you that you are off to a great start... a loss of unwanted pounds... that's great! Congratulations!

Yeah, it's weird about my rib... I heard of folks doing it by coughing... don't know when or how I did it... just remember the pain Sat AM when I sat down... I had unloaded a gas grill on the 22nd for my son-in-law... Christmas gift... it was not heavy... but, he called to ask if I did it then... told him that I don't recall hurting then... I had loaded, unloaded, & moved & reloaded my grandson's locker... it's just plastic... don't recall hurting then... I may have done it just stretching... didn't really decorate much this year... just too much going on... we stay in such fast gear... there is no tellings...

One of my girlfriends is a cop... she teased & asked if my hubby hit me... I told her that I would have already called & told her had that happened....

He had kidney stones last Christmas... he just knew it was kidney stones... I told him that i didn't think so since it was not hurting in my back... he substained an injury with a piece of hydraulic equipment in the spring, which bruised his liver & cracked 3 of his ribs... so, I guess we just had a thing for cracked ribs in 2001..

Wishing Everyone the Best for 2002! Be Happy & God Bless!

Nancy
Old 01-01-2002, 10:45 AM   #27  

I had a very nice evening last night. I ate way too much though...mostly veggies and starches. I drank a ton of water so that may help a little. We will see tomorrow when I weigh in. I sent most of the leftovers home with guests so that is good. I did keep all of the leftover fresh veggies. It should be enough to last me a few days. I will be eating a lot of salads and stir fry... both of which I really like.

I am taking the day off today. No house work, no job related work, no errands, no nothing. Just reading, watching TV, and playing with my dog. If it warms up enough I will go for a walk. I am not even going to take my tree and decorations down. I will do it tomorrow evening. I just want a nice relaxing day. I have not had one of those in forever!
Old 01-02-2002, 05:39 PM   #28  

Hey everyone!

Well I am finally back and raring to go! Got the computer fixed, and am back with a vengenace. Jibbelle~I am just so happy for you on making goal..I knew you could do it! Nancy~I am so sorry to hear about your rib. Please take it easy!! Crystal~WAY TO GO ON TAKE OFF!! I used to do LA but had a fallen out with the center so I dont go anymore, but I do think it works and I stayed here b/c these guys are my support!

How's the water intake today ladies?? I am a little behind..only about 20oz i need to get on the ball!!

Instead of pounds for my goal i am going with clothing sizes. If I do the pound thing i get obsessed and weigh everyday and then get frustrated. SO here is my new goal....in a size 14 by March 1st. That is about 20 pounds. SO here's to a size 14 for me..anyone up for a size challenge??? What size do you want to get in by March 1???? We gotta get ready for summer ladies!!

Marciew
Old 01-02-2002, 06:37 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone:
I've been a little lazy posting lately, I have not been on the computer much.
I am still going for my weigh ins three times a week, I went today up a couple of pounds from Saturday. I told them don't let me but any more weight loss weeks. I need to finish this.
Marcie good luck with your March size goal and Jibbelle good luck with your Valentine goal. Mine right now is to get back some kind balance and to finish up. Clothes goal I really do not have one I am happy with the size I wear.
Nancy sorry that you hurt yourself. Don't rib take a while to heal.
Crystal good luck on the program I have enjoyed the success that I have made with this program.
Have a good night everyone.
Diane
4/10/01 201
1/02/02 149 ( gained 5 pounds)
goal 135
Old 01-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #30  

I went to weigh in today and I was up a few pounds...as I suspected. It is that time of the month, plus I was wearing jeans and a sweater. I will post a new weight after I go to the center Saturday morning. I will just be happy to weigh in Saturday and be the same weight as a week ago. I have been bad. If I am up when I go in Saturday I may try the Take Off. I have not done it since I started in August. It may be a good way to get me back on track.

Sorry about your gain Diane. I had a really rough time watching what I was eating over the holidays...as I am sure everyone did. I hope we can all get back on track now though!

Marcie-
So glad your computer is fixed and you are back! To lose a size by March would be awesome!!! You can do it!!!! I am in a tight 22 right now. If I could make that a baggy 22 or even a tight 20 by March 1st I would be very happy!
Closed Thread