Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Biggest Loser TV Guide Article

Should be an interesting new season. I knew Jillian was coming back; I just didn't know the other stuff.
Premieres September 11th. I actually really enjoy the show....

Quote:
The drill sergeant is back. After taking a year off to "expand her brand," no-nonsense fitness guru and author Jillian Michaels is not only returning to TBL, she's shaking things up. This season's dieters will be divided into three teams instead of two. And Michaels will secretly train the third squad, "Rocky" style, at remote off-campus locations. (The other weight watchers will live in college dorms instead of the plush ranch setting of past seasons.) "I have the team of rejects," says Michaels. "Every single person on my team had a knee or ankle replaced. Every.Single.One."
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #2  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

We LOVE Biggest Loser! DH and I always record it and watch it together.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

I even watch reruns on the Style Network.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I watch the reruns, too! I record them on DVR and watch them for inspiration...love, love, love the show! Thanks, Joni...I'm excited now.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #5  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I cannot wait for the new season. I've watched intermittently before and always get "inspired" for about 5 seconds. NOW I can finally feel like I'm doing it with them and actually use it to keep up the motivation. Wish it was starting sooner!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #6  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

There's someplace on 3FC that has a link to an article about BL - it has testimonials from past contestants, even winners or runners up I believe. A LOT of their weight loss is due to dehydration and it said that towards the end some of them pretty much lived off SF jello etc.

I knew they had to be doing something because those losses are unheard of etc. And for the average person - working out 6+ hours a day isn't feasible, not even close.

Anyways - all that said - I still like to watch too
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #7  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 229.6/ticker/145.0

Height: 5'8"

Although I love this show...its fun and motivating to watch the transformations but yes, the rate of weight loss is not reality.

I remember hearing how some of the contestants gained up to 20 lbs the day after there final weigh in! Now we all know that not all fat but alot of water since they pushed themself into an unhealthy state.
SummerLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I know the way they lose the weight is totally not typical. But, I watch every week for the inspiration factor. That and I totally have a thing for Bob Harper too.

As for the work-out DVD's they rock. Me and my missing inches will readily attest to that fact.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #9  

Default Bob Harper

I love me some Bob Harper The only reason I DVR the show. And initially I bought the 1st workout DVD because of Bob, but I agree the workouts are good so I bought the second even though I'm not crazy about Kim as an instructor - but Bob makes up for that.

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzbe View Post
I know the way they lose the weight is totally not typical. But, I watch every week for the inspiration factor. That and I totally have a thing for Bob Harper too.

As for the work-out DVD's they rock. Me and my missing inches will readily attest to that fact.
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote