Old 01-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #31  

Hi, everyone. I am completely new to this program and am now just trying to gather information, prepare meal plans, etc. I joined Bob Green's website and am trying to incorporate some of the main principles of the program as I work on planning things out a little better. I could really benefit from a support system, so it was nice to find this thread.

Meshell
hellsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi Meshell! I'd love to see this thread more active, so I'm glad to see another new face!

Kimana, Bev, and Musicgal - how's it going for you?

I started Phase 2 this week, and so far it's going... okay. I'm not doing well with getting rid of white flour, but that should improve later in the week. Everything else, I think, is going fairly smoothly. I'm reading labels again to avoid those pesky trans fats (sheesh they are EVERYWHERE), and it's going well.

I hope Phase 1 goes well for you, Meshell - it was emotionally challenging for me, working through the big three questions, but otherwise I found it very straightforward.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #33  

thanks for the warm welcome. The hardest part is going to be not stepping on that scale all of the time. I am determined to make this work, though. It is time for me to give myself the gift of good health :-)

Meshell
hellsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #34  

Oh my gosh, Meshell, I cannot even TELL you how hard that was for me, except to say that I totally cracked and weighed myself frequently. I'm not beating myself up over it, though.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'4"

For those of you who have signed up for the million view challenge, and have access to the free stuff, is there anywhere there I can get help with the recipes? I posted a thread in here about my problems.
RPIDriveStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #36  

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, sorry RPI!

There are some BLD recipes on Eat Better America, too, so you might look there to see if there are reviews or anything.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, sorry RPI!

There are some BLD recipes on Eat Better America, too, so you might look there to see if there are reviews or anything.
I flipped through the book that was at Wal-Mart, and the recipe that I have in my book is not in the version that's on sale now! There's a different recipe, for pumpkin bran muffins, and it had about 4 times as much liquid in it. I'm going to try to tweak the one in my book, but I copied the one out of the Wal-Mart book as well.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #38  

Let us know how the recipes turn out!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #39  

Height: 5'5"

Hi everybody! I just signed up on this website. I recently bought the Bob Greene Diet after seeing him on Oprah. It's weird cause I had already started walking for 30 minutes a day and had been for the last month. So I'm guess I'm starting out in Phase Two already. I gave up Diet Pepsi, which I never thought I could do. Cut out fries about two months ago. I have a ton of weight to lose to get back to my "real" figure. About 100 lbs worth of it. Hope we can all encourage each other to stick with it. Portion size is probably going to be the hardest for me.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #40  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey Best Lifers - how are you doing with your program? Things have a been a bit quiet here lately....
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #41  

Height: 5'5"

Very good actually. It's getting a lot easier. I find I'm not starving all the time. I don't miss the Diet Pepsi at all, which I am stunned by. How about you?
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #42  

I emailed the best life people a couple of weeks ago, and I finally got a reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Bob Greene's Best Life Customer Service Team. Unfortunately, we cannot provide nutrition, weight loss or exercise advice to non-members.

Please take the tour of the site at www dot thebestlife dot com. Some of the features the site has to offer include:

1. Message boards where you can talk to and get support from other Best Life members.

2. An "Ask the Experts" component where you can reach out to Bob's nutrition and fitness teams for additional guidance -- think of it as a way to ask the book questions!

3. Daily and weekly meal plans based on your weight-loss goals, Activity Level and food preferences -- plus, the ability to swap meals for others you prefer and print shopping lists.

4. Articles and recipes.

5. A powerful site experience that based on Bob's 3-Phased approach. You check in daily to log your progress, and at the end of each week, the site serves you a weekly progress report card telling you how you did. If you score well, it's counted as a successful week within the Phase (after 4 successful weeks in a Phase, the site moves you to the next Phase of the program).

The weekly progress report card also include tips and links to articles for each area you might need help in, and congratulates you in areas where you did well. There's also a "My History" page that let's you go back and look at weekly progress reports for each week within each Phase.

In other words, the site actually keeps you on track, and points out where more effort is needed -- powerful stuff.

Hope this is helpful for you -- whether you decide to sign up for the site or not, we wish you the best of luck on your road to living the Best Life!

Michael
Bob Greene’s Best Life Customer Service Team
help at thebestlife dot com"

So they published a book with at least one recipe that was incorrect and obviously untested, which I paid for, and now they want me to pay $5 a week to get a corrected recipe.

Last edited by RPIDriveStick; 02-05-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #43  

Hi
Just bought the best life book. Havent had a chance to read it yet.
But that is a bummer you have to pay to get any info from their site.
At least on You on a diet. You dont have to pay.
Has anyone lost by using the best life diet. Or I should say. Lifestyle change.
I do weight watchers. But am struggling. So looking for some motivation.
thought maybe this would be it.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I've been semi doing the Best Life Diet and yes I've lost some weight, not fast but gradually. I lost a lot of weight quick a few years ago just to gain it back, so this time around I'm doing it differently, learning good nutrition. I think the basic concepts of this diet are good, but I also am in the mode of reading a lot of diet and nutrition books mostly from the library. I have the Best Life journal, I think it's great, it has enough room to write down foods for the day, if you didn't drink, stopped eating before bed, had your vitamins, etc. The facing page each day is blank and I'm just writing notes from this site, books and articles I read, trying to really learn about nutrition. I like that you find the Best Life symbol on some groceries and that the author gives lists of some things to buy by brand. But yes it's a bummer to have to pay for the site, I'm not going to.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #45  

Default New to Best Life...

Hello everyone. I'm new to Best Life Diet. I hope this is working for people because I'm excited about trying it. It all seems pretty straight forward, I just hope I can keep my will power at full steam ahead. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I'm really excited, I need to take a new direction in my life and I hope this is the right one.
schop23 is offline   Reply With Quote