Old 08-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #16  

Aileen, it sounds like you had a nice day of pampering! I bet you look as great as you feel. I just went out and bought new work clothes today (40% off sale at Lane Bryant), and that made me feel pretty good. Not that I'm in the size I want yet, but at least I'll look pretty stylish as I work my way towards my goal!

The exercise is easy to work into my schedule...so far. The problem is once school starts, I often have to stay late or things come up, and then I can't get to the gym. I could go with my husband after he gets home from work, but he doesn't come back until around 7:30 and we'd be eating dinner way too late. I'm really going to have to force myself to leave work no later than 4:30 so that I have time for me to meet my exercise goals and get things done at home, too. It'll be hard to do, especially in the beginning of the year, but I have witnesses that I'm gonna try like heck to do it!
changa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #17  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, I had every intention of starting exercise this week but ummm <cough> yeah, well... let's just say I haven't started yet. I really need to kick myself in the butt and get moving... literally...

Ohhh a 40% off sale! Girl, you have to tell us all about what you bought! I want to go shopping but I keep putting it off..the old 'oh i want to lose a few more pounds' thing... knowing me, i'll have clothes tied in knots around my waist before i go shopping... i tend to make sure to take care of everyone else first... i need to break that habit! LOL
BluePapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #18  
Debbie

S/C/G: 166/159/130

Height: 5"1

Default Hi everyone...newbie here

Hi everyone,
I`m new to the forum.My name is Debbie.I have been doing a low carb diet for about 2 yrs.I have had some success at it.But,can`t seem to stick to it.So, I bought the best life diet book.It should be here in about a wk.I can`t wait to read it & get started.So, any advice or tips you can give me would be great.Looking forward to my new way of eating,& talking to new people.

Have a great weekend!!!
Debbie
cdmoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #19  

Another newbie here, at least to this section. Hi Debbie and everyone! I've been floating around 3fc for awhile. But I am really in need of yet another "fresh start". I'm a die hard calorie counter.
I just got the best life book at the library, and after skimming through it I'm really thinking I can apply this stuff so much more realistically. I know I can up my activity. I like the idea of starting with activity THEN focusing on food. One thing at a time. I hope you all are still having great success, and BluePapillon and changa- now I want to go shopping!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Million Viewer Challenge anyone?

Hi all. Did anyone see Oprah on Wednesday? Her and Bob Greene are doing this million viewer challenge. I believe it will start in January sometime but sign ups are now. It doesn't matter if you have 5, 10, 20 or more pounds to lose. The show was very inspiring. People lost hundreds of pounds (not all on Bob's program though). However, I find his plan fairly easy to follow and I like the idea of a contract. It is also a good one for those that are already exercising because you challenge yourself physically. Just wondering if anyone is thinking of doing this.
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi Musicgal - I signed up, but now I'm debating whether to get the book (under $20) or sign up for the website ($50something for 3 months). I'm stoked to start 2008 off right!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Hi, Marianne. I've had the book for quite some time now and have been following the program, although I made some poor food choices over the last month (with leftover Halloween candy, a family birthday and Thanksgiving. I have about ten more pounds to lose and keep off for good! I looked at the Best Life website and was considering signing up but am just doing the program on my own with the book for the moment. But I did sign up for the Million Viewer Challenge and maybe there will be a support group here for it. You can do this Marianne. Good luck to you and everyone else!
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #23  
Lovin' Zumba!

I think I'll sign up as well. I'm following YOAD, but it still fits into the principles of Best Life (I believe it's a bit stricter).
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #24  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Did anyone sign up for the million viewers challenge? I just signed up and would love to have a support group.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #25  
Lovin' Zumba!

I just signed up - thanks for the reminder!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #26  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Has anyone tried Bob Greens website?

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #27  

Hi Bev - I haven't signed up for the site you pay for, but I've poked around at the free content you get if you sign up for the million viewer challenge.

I've set my start date for BLD as next Monday - the day of my last weigh-in for the Biggest Loser challenge. That'll give me a perfect gap to do the "no weighing for 4 weeks" of Phase 1 before the next BL challenge.

Is it weird that I'm nervous? I've been thinking about the three big questions, and it's been enlightening, but also really really HARD. Gosh, this does all go much deeper than I had realised. So I'm nervous about working on all the "head stuff", and I'm nervous about not weighing in for 4 weeks, especially the 4 weeks including Christmas. Eeeeeek.

How are things going for you other chicks who started recently?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #28  

Any BLDers around?

I'm working my way through Phase 1 slowly, and realising that I think I'll need to stick with it for 6-8 weeks, rather than just the minimum 4 weeks. I need more time to make these habits stick before moving on to the next steps.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #29  

I'm here practice, I'm in week 4, I had 2 successful weeks and 1 not successful one. I started a journal this week, (not a food journal, I already have one of those) so I can start working on the inside changes I need to be successful at changing my lifestyle. I'd love to get a BLD chat moving. I, too, will probably stay in phase 1 for 2 or 3 more weeks, but it depends, I'll decide at the end of 4 successful weeks.
Kimana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #30  

Kimana - congrats on 2 successful weeks!

I'm at the end of my 4 weeks, but I think I'm going to keep going for another 2 weeks to really get these changes down, and then move on to phase 2. I've not lost any weight during Phase 1, but that didn't really surprise me.