Old 07-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #151  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

THANK YOU !!!

I had a dentist appt this morning on the other end of town (okay it's a fairly sm. town but still took 15 min drive) and on my way I passed my FAV. fast food resturant.
I thought "OH, afterwards I'll grab Burger Time for lunch!" As a gift to myself of course for going to the dentist (I'm a HUGE dentist chicken). I was really looking forward to it.

Afterwards though - I DIDN'T GO !! I kept on driving straight to the gym and did 30 min. of intervals (2min walk 3.5mph, 1 min jog 6mph - 1% incline) on the treadmill ! That was a good workout!

So- I have to say thank you to everyone because this place is one of the reasons I just kept on driving!
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #152  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Good morning everybody

Thanks so much for the kudo's on the inches lost. It's so hard to wrap my head around that. I was the heaviest person at work and now I am one of the thinner people, but in my head I still see myself as that person I was. There is a lady at our center that has lost 65 inches and she is just a little bit shorter than that. At our center after you get measured, they give you a ribbon in the length of the inches you have lost. In Heather's after picture, she is standing on the ribbon and is holding it up above her head. Absolutely amazing!

Lettie- You wore me out with your routine today. Good luck to DH for his interviews!! It will all work out.

Dan- You are sooo close to goal and doing so awesome!! WTG on passing up those yummy girl scout cookies.

Kristen- 37" is just awesome!! Just think after you get all toned up from all that swimming how many more inches you will add to that!!

Amy- Great Job on the 10.5 inches! I have all the faith in the world that you will catch up to me someday! Those were great words from your COD. Sometimes ya just gotta hear that to get a reality check.

Karen- Happy belated birthday! Glad it was a good one.

Liza- WTG on the 3.5 Lbs. Poetic justice on the footprint in the dog poop huh?! Peemail!!

Carrie- I'll be thinking about you today. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Marleymom- 12 lbs. in your first month is just incredible. You really don't want it to come off any faster or it's not healthy. Keep up the great job.

Katybug- Welcome back girl, we missed you!!

So yesterday, I am on the hunt for a new air conditioner which by this far into this heat wave is almost impossible. So I am at Sears and decide to go look for a summery dress for SIL's wedding party next month. First off, in this town, it's either little mini's that barely cover your butt for teenagers or something or else frumpy old lady looking dresses. I found one I liked but is so long it drags on the floor and it's sleeveless so I will have to work on toning the little batwings. It's a size 12 which blew me away. It was also $20 so I can't complain. I will hang onto it and if I can't find anything else, then I will shorten it up some and blow everybody away with the new me.

Have a great day!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #153  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Snowdogs- WOOHOO!! That is super!!! Way to stay strong!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Dan - How old is Alex? Maybe she'd benefit from some workout DVDs? She could do it at home in private and get some "ab work" in. It could be fun and unintimidating? Just a thought.

gotta run... more later
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #155  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

I made it through the morning with the Jerk and without hurting anyone. yay for me! Though I just now noticed I've been wearing my shorts inside out all day. Hmmmm

Felicia - I'm so happy for your DS!!!

Dan - It's really tough for a child to be overweight and to be the parent. Fortunately, my daughter takes after all of the rest of the family and doesn't have that problem.

One of the big problems is that you can control choices at home, but the schools are full of very bad food choices and very few good ones. School lunches are void of nutrition then you have vending machines full of soda and candy. I have this problem with my daughter. The school menu food is pretty nasty looking and she's a picky one. I've been in that cafeteria.. the only thing any of them want is the Pizza Hut personal pizzas. I'm ok with her having that once in a while, but not as an every day staple. Packing a lunch isn't much better. There aren't many foods that are good at room temperature and make a good meal. The best I can do is make sure she has a really good breakfast planned out (I'm at work when she's getting ready for school) give her some protein bars and fruit and then make sure there's some good food waiting for her at home. Sometimes I give her some extra money to go to Wendy's with friends after school (it's not quite as bad as McD's) and I figure the 4 mile round trip walk it takes for her to do that, burns off the damage done.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #156  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

Dan! I feel your pain (cookies)! Yesterday was my son's 18th b'day and his girlfriend made him homemade chocolate chip cookies! He doesn't even care for sweets! It is all I can do to pass by them in the kitchen. I stood in there like an idiot last night deciding if I should take ONE BITE or not! Makes me feel like an addict! I finally put them in the cabinet, out of sight, out of mind, right? Apparently not, because I am writing to you about them now! LOL
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #157  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

WTG Snowdogs...Burger Time didn't even realize you passed them by...the nerve of that place. I would never go there again if I were you!!
Great workout too. Intervals are the way to go (so I've been reading). Oh, I missed the news report about your scale tossing. I was too busy deleting the Dog Whisperer episodes off my DVR!

Katybug - welcome back....

Debster -- sounds like a good find on the dress. Good luck trimming down the wings...if anyone can do it, you can!

Liza - Shorts inside out??? I'd definitely say you had a rough morning ..you deserve an apple and an extra long bike ride (I'm feeling mighty generous today).

Kristen - your post to Gretchen is so good, it comes up twice!

Quote:
Oh, I printed off a copy of the picture I use for AV to show my personal trainer.. He was curious to see how far I'd come with my diet.. I showed it to him last night and you should have seen the look on his face.. He asked - "You did this only through nutriction? That's amazing!!" Made me feel pretty good...
Dan - I have a friend who always says 80% is what you put in your mouth, 10 % is working out, and 10% is genetics.

To those with kids, good luck. I know for me it was not what was in our house, but what was available to eat at friends and the school cafeteria. Fortunately, we had gym class everyday, no video games, 1 television at home, and we had to walk or ride our bikes everywhere. I remember in grade school getting 25 cents for lunch and going to some hot dog/candy joint and spending all my lunch money on a bag of candy..pure junk. It's amazing I'm alive to tell the story!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #158  
FBD/8-18-08

Joni - do YOU realize you made me cry?!? I was overwhelmed (and humbled!) by your "folder"! Thank you!

Shannon - What a precious post! Thank you too! I truly hope I NEVER have computer problems again! I know not coming here was one of the reasons I didn't stick to the plan like I should have!

Snowdogs - What a wonderful sister to realize first of all to offer you both and to also let YOU make the decision! There is so much POWER when we make the good decisions! AND you made ANOTHER one passing up that restaurant! That wasn't going to be a gift! It was going to be an old trap but you were too wise to fall for it this time!!!!! WOO HOO!!

Krispie - No that wasn't Blizzard!!! That was GIZZARD... or was it Wizard... or maybe Lizard?!?

Felicia - that's a NSV if ever I heard one!!!

Marleymom - BUT you didn't go for it!!!

As for me - TO is over and I lost 8 pounds all together! I'm getting my hair done and when it's finished, I'll post a new photo and work on the new ticker! The important thing is that I'm going down!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #159  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in quick. i'm so exhausted from work. ugh.
and now i've got to pack, since we fly out at 8am and we fly out of raleigh, so gotta leave a bit early to get there in time and through security, etc.

so just wanted to say hey and that i'll try to check in once or twice while i'm away. and since i usually lose about 3lbs while i'm on vacay i'm gonna shoot for about the same this time around...cross your fingers for me.

i'll be back later, i'm sure. i'm such a procrastinator when it comes to packing. ugh.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Second day of TO and I went to the spin cycling class this morning, so I've already had my lunch and it is almost 11:30... might be a loooooong afternoon. Oh well, just one more day!

I woke up this morning and found my DH eating a yogurt. Then he said he'd still do a 1 day takeoff with me... um OK whatever.... So I sent him off with oranges and bars and dosed him with supplements. I don't know if that is a good idea with my husband, as he is sensitive to caffiene and on the hyper side to start with. I gave him the Enhance and the Vitamax with Caffiene.

I'm hoping to hit my goal weight again tomorrow at the COD. The scale has seemed to be creeping in the wrong direction and I want it to creep the opposite direction. I want to look good in Hawaii. I want my older sister who always made comments about my weight to be fatter than me, because I'm apparently very petty. I'm going to Hawaii with my two sisters.

I'm contemplating the tanning salon also, before my trip to Hawaii so I can go outside there without instantly burning to a crisp and spending the rest of my vacation inside with the solarcaine. I've often thought someone as fair as I am should be reflecting all the light and not get burned, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Felicia, so great that your son is slimming down because you've started having healthier food in the house. I wish I had been a better example to my 18 year old who is struggling with her weight now. I think I have bite marks on my tongue for not saying much to her about it, since she doesn't want my advice. It is something we all have to figure out on our own anyway. I bought her a gym membership and encourage her to go. She is convinced if she will just eat vegan that she won't have a weight problem. So she varies from being a total junk food junkie to being a strict vegan. So I go to the expensive store and buy organic produce and check lables for Vegan... and then she skips that and goes to McDonald's and eats two big macs. Bite marks I say... all over my tongue... Ok not when I found out she was smoking... couldn't bite my tongue for that one.. I think she thought she would lose weight. I think she has stopped that though, but I'm not sure.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everybody!!!

I put a new picture in my profile cause I cant figure out how to put it in a post, grrr! LOL When I started LAWL my goal was to get to a size 12. When you start out in a 20 thats a pretty lofty goal, was to me anyway. I've never been one to care what the number on the scale said as long as I was at a size I was happy with. Which hadnt happened in so long I had no idea what my goal weight should be. I just told the COD when I'm happy I'll quit losing, which is what I did even though I didnt make it to my original goal. Now about the picture...the shorts I have on are a size 12 and they are huge! I'm still having to buy 12's in jeans since they dont give as much as cotton! LOL

After I read this it sounds conceited but I figured you guys would know where its coming from. We've all worked so hard I think we deserve to brag on ourselves a little bit! You'll never know how much the support of all you guys has meant to me. Thanks for being such good friends.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Yay Kim! You DID work hard. Brag all you want. This is exactly why we're here... to provide support and share in victories!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #163  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Kim - not conceited at all...brag away! You deserve it! And, you look fabulous
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #164  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

yay kim!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #165  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy2b View Post
Hi everyone....sorry I haven't been around for the past few days....trying to get everything done before I have my surgery tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m.....so until I get back....good luck to everyone and stay POP
Carrie,
best of luck on your surgery tomorrow I hope you recover as quickly as my DS has been recovering. We will all be thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else. I haven't even read all of the posts......and I really don't have time right now.....but I wanted to check in with you all I miss you guys!!!

XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote