Anyone else on plan 3 struggling to get it all in ???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I really am trying to gt all this in but I must say, I am always full I can not seem to get everything in.

last night I went to bed with 1V and 1 FR left I was just to full to eat another bite.
  • Steph - I'm not on the numbered plan yet, I'm still on the colors. (My COD has no idea what I'm talking about).

Anyways, I usually have a hard time getting in the last V (sometimes even 2), and I used to have a hard time getting in all my fruits. I personally would take F over V, but the COD doesn' agree with that.

Opt for the lesser V's if you can. Does the new plan call for 3 c. lettuce as a V? Good grief, I can't even get in 1 c. sometimes, so I would choose baby carrots, or brussel sprouts instead of lettuce, just because the amount to get in is less. And for fruits, the same thing. Opt for the lesser of what would still get it in. A glass of juice maybe?

I hope the new plan has the basic concept of the old, and if so, this should work for you.
  • the proteins are small in size on plan 3 (3-4 ozs now) the lettuce is a huge amount for me 3 cups is 1 serving.
    I guess I will get used to it but , its still alot of food.

I feel like I totally cheated this weekend with the new plan, to the point I don't even want to see a scale. I know I did not really cheat but with the change it feels like I did!
    Its still the basic idea just sizes change really.

you'll have to let us know how it works for you. My kids were laughing when they saw all those dots to fill. they said you have hard time with the other one now you have more~ AHHHHHHH!
  • Steph, I am with you! For me, I really have to make sure that I eat a pretty big breakfast, something like P,S,F,D. If I do that and start early, I can usually get it all in. I am really full too, and feel like I am overeating. Man, I love that extra starch and dairy, though. I eat SF,FF pudding with fruit sliced into it almost every day. I also make a bowl of popcorn to snack on when I get home from work about every day as well.
  • May I suggest since you have so many proteins that you try one of my favorite things - ricotta cheese. It is great for breakfast or a snack. Take your serving size and just heat it slightly in the microwave and add a little cinnamon. It is great combined with pineapple or blueberries. It is quick and easy. Just a thought.
  • Good ideas! I had a english muffin and 2 eggs and I am full right now.

Some how some way I will get it all in even if I am up until 11pm I suppose.

I think I need to eat breakfast earlier then I am too. Maybe if I start at 7am then it will be easier to fit it in.

I honestly don't see how we will lose weight eatting all this now ! My mind has not wrapped around this theroy at all!

I love salad but to eat 3 cups is ALOT of lettuce for me anyhow as 1 serving.
    hello cherry tomatoes ( only need 6 ) !!!

I will have to come up with some weird combination to get all this done!
  • I make a salad with 1 1/2 c lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peppers, cukes (enough for all the veggies) and voila! - all my veggies! Then I split it up and eat 1/2 lunch and 1/2 dinner.
    Blessings,
  • Many nutritional experts say you should starting eating within one hour of arising for the day. Break-fast. I guess that is what the feel full plan is forcing people to do.
  • Yes, that's what my dietitian told me - you need to eat with in 1 hour of waking up. He said that you can optimize weight loss by 40% that way. (I'm sure that's a scientific #, but I'm sure it does help!)
  • oh for petesake, it takes me 1 hour just to wake up let alone eat breakfast!

Guess i have a life style change to get used to AGAIN!
  • One of the biggest adjustments people have on this plan - whether it's the "new" or "old" plan is getting the food in. We have programmed ourselves to eat either nothing for breakfast, or put it off as long as we can and then have just a little bit so we end up with all of this food left at the end of the day. We don't want to "spend" our starches. We want to save everything for an evening snack. When what we really need to do is space our food evenly throughout the day. Think of it as fueling your body throughout the day. And you will find that when you do this, you're not starving at night anymore. You don't need that huge starch-laden dinner. You don't need that evening snack. Or if you do, a piece of fruit or a lite will suffice. It's a change, but it really is one of the easier changes to make. The adjustment period is usually just a few days.
  • I am still on the colored plans we will not be changing till August. Did it cost to upgrade to the new plan?? I was talking to them at the COD and they know about it and when they are doing their training. One of the girls that works there goes to a corporate office and so she has been telling them about it. I told her I didnt know if I could eat more food than I am already eating and she said I would adjust to it fine. I can hardly get in everything for the red plan.
  • I just wanted to say I made a HUGE salad for myself and ate it here and there. The veggies are crossed of the plan for today!

I am sure over time I will adjust but at first I feel like I am getting fatter and fatter from being soooo full all the flipping time. ughhhh
  • I am into my second week and still have a hard time getting them all in. I have to plan to eat something every 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get it all in. I have also tried using 1/2 a serving of vegetables and pairing it with a 1/2 serving of another veggie and counting it as 1V. I don't know if this is legal or not but it helps me get the veggies in and not get bored with it. Plus, 3 cups of lettuces is just unreasonable for me.
  • I had some trouble over the weekend and I think it was from my habits before of "saving" my foods. This morning I started early for me with breakfast by 8:15am and while it was still tough, it was easier then the other days. I'm like you Steph, I keep thinking I've gone off plan when I haven't HA!