Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #1  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Question Recipe Help

I came across this recipe that I've had forever for a Rice and Ck Casserole that is yummy. Would some of you pros take a look at it and see what you think it would count and what a serving size would be? If you see anything that you have substitution suggestions I'd love to hear those as well.

3 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 cup cooked rice
1 T minced onion
1 cup celery (chopped)
1/2 cup water chestnust (chopped)

Mix all the above and then add:
3/4 cup mayo (LF or FF of course)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (LF; No Salt)

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes

Your help is appreciated!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I would say it makes 6 servings (at least) and I would make sure the chicken is white meat and I'd use brown rice. It looks yummy.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #3  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Katy If you have the latest cookbook there is a great chicken rice casserole in there..

Makes 1 Serving:
Exchanges 1 Lite, 1 Vegetable, 1 Starch, 1 Protein

6 or 80z chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1 packet Lat Lite Cream of Chicken Soup MIx ( could substitute a single serving package of the same in Cup a Soup)
1 cup white mushrooms sliced, raw
2 green onions, sliced
8 oz boiling water
1 garlic clove minced
1/3 cup cooked brown rice
nonfat spray

Dice chicken. Coat med skillent with nonfat spray. Saute Mushrooms, onion and garlic 2-3 minutes over high heat and set aside.
In small casserole dish combine boiling water and soup mix. Whisk together till smooth. Add chicken, mushroom mix and rice and mix well.
Cover casserole and bake in 375F (190C) preheated overn. Bake 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken cooked through.
Serve hot.

Remember this is one serving so you could double or quadruple for family. If you have the Lites Cream of Chicken you can use and count as a Lite or if not get a package of Cup a Soup. You can jazz it up a bit with some herbs as well.
Hope this helps or you can use it to compare to your own recipe. It's the mayo that would be the kicker and I think you are likely looking at 8 servings total for the recipe.
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #4  
Katy66

Kristen, Thanks that does sound yummy. Maybe I'll use a combination of them both
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote