Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #76  

Height: 5'8

Smile TE's

I have had TE's on almost a constant basis, except for a day or so,
sporadically. Ironically, I eat the plan regarding fat totals, if not lower.
(Not always in the beginning). I do believe though, that the Alli seems to
stay in my body for long periods of time; creating TE's from a cumulative
of several foods. IE I think my body is not metabolising the food/fat or the
Alli quickly.
Constantly the oil in the toilet etc.

My reason for mentioning this is the question regarding when to take pills
and if you need 2 or 3 a day. Occasionally, I only do the two pills with the
two heavier meals (anything over 5 grams of fat) in the evening and skip
the AM pill.
But, last night I was thinking that, if the Alli is working from several days ago,
then having 3 pills a day creates better "coverage" fighting fat calories etc.

I don't know. Just my theory.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #77  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Glad to see we have some new members! Welcome

I made the mistake of eating a handful of cashews last night then reading the label to see how many calories/fat grams I was eating! So in addition to what I ate at supper I had way to many fat grams and yes I did have TE (yuck). and yes they do last through the next day although not as bad. I guess I never realized how many fat grams are in nuts! I won't make that mistake again

I am heading out of town until next tuesday. Ya'll wish me luck on staying on track with all the eating out I am going to have to do! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #78  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I think it makes sense what you say. See I've not even had the oil in the toilet...the only time was Sunday night after eating like a heffer all day just some tiny little bubbles. Other than that...nothing. I hope its still working!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #79  
Happy New Rears!

Definately, there is no question that digestion & metabolism play a big part in Alli use & treatment effects.

That's why they want you lowering your fat before you start the meds - because something you ate 3 days ago could still be in your body and an Alli pill today could affect you.

Also by taking a pill today with a meal, and not taking any more pills, something you eat tomorrow can cause TE's. It's a 2 fold consideration - that's why the TE's can sneak up on you.

From my testing Alli, I can tell you that 36-40 hours is how long TE's take to materialize after I ate too much fat.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #80  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

ThinGirl, I agree between 24-48 hours is when you will probably see some TE's after having a bad meal/snack.

*on another note*
Evening eating has always been my DOWNFALL, no matter what diet I use. I enjoy evening snacks!!! Well yesterday I had to go in to the Dentist to have my "bite splint" fitted, (this is what they called it) well last night was the first night I had it and I am supposed to keep it in my mouth 24/7 unless I am eating. So right after dinner I brushed and put it back in my mouth...well I was so busy playing with it that I didnt have a single bite after dinner!!!! I hope that this "splint" will help me keep from putting "all those little things" in my mouth that ADDDDD up to lots of extra fat and calories. Time will tell, but if last night was any indication it sure wont hurt!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #81  
Til'

Is there room for one more? I have found quite a bit of encouragement from this site. Like Jennifer, I have been “lurking” for about two weeks. I figured it was about time I stick my toe in the water!

I started taking Alli on July 13. So far, I have been able to stick to under 15g of fat at each meal. I've also started back up on a much needed exercise regimen.

I’m 33, 5’9”, and weigh in at 252.2 (gasp!). There, it’s out there. I would like to be in the high 160’s at least, but I realize that is some time from now. I’m trying to keep a realistic attitude about this weight-loss thing.

I look forward to talking to you about my progress!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #82  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Welcome welcome Ravisa!!! So great to meet you!! I'm looking forward to sharing in those successes with you! Being realistic is a must! It can be done but its not gonna happen overnight! We'll get there! Keep up the good work!!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #83  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Ravisa! welcome to the Alli-gators
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #84  

I have been on Alli for ten days. I have had TE's nearly every day. Some worse than others. I ate cheerios for breakfast, 1 percent milk, and splenda. 1/2 graham cracker for lunch. Ate a early dinner around 4 o'clock. Turkey, carrots, and green beans. Haven't ate anything else. That is almost what I eat everyday. Sometimes I may have a turkey sandwich on Sara Lee whole grain white bread with mustard for lunch. My dinner varies between chicken and turkey and different vegetables. I feel better taking Alli and I am not going to stop. I have had irritable bowel syndrome all of my life. That may have something to do with the TE's.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #85  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmak View Post
I have been on Alli for ten days. I have had TE's nearly every day. Some worse than others. I ate cheerios for breakfast, 1 percent milk, and splenda. 1/2 graham cracker for lunch. Ate a early dinner around 4 o'clock. Turkey, carrots, and green beans. Haven't ate anything else. That is almost what I eat everyday. Sometimes I may have a turkey sandwich on Sara Lee whole grain white bread with mustard for lunch. My dinner varies between chicken and turkey and different vegetables. I feel better taking Alli and I am not going to stop. I have had irritable bowel syndrome all of my life. That may have something to do with the TE's.
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but you sound like you are starving yourself, my dear! I mean a half a graham cracker for a meal would leave me unsatisfied and ravenous.

Beyond that, it's true that everyone has different needs, but it's an unhappy fact that if you don't have enough calories your body will not only lack important nutrients, but will also semi-shut down because it thinks you don't have access to enough food. It's a really nifty form of self-preservation, but makes dieting a little tricky (at least for me!).

How do you feel in general eating so little? If you have plenty of energy and feel healthy, then definitely ignore my advice... but if you feel fatigued and under the weather it may be your low caloric intake.

Of course, if you're eating large portions for your other meals you may be getting enough and I could be totally wrong, but that "graham cracker for lunch" threw me for a loop. Sorry if I sound critical!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #86  

Welcome Jennifer and Ravisa and all the newbies to Alli-cats & gators. I agree about the TE's they can happen at any time even if you have not been taking your pills regularly. I've been on Alli since June 26 and take 3pills a day. However for the last 3/4 days I've been off with my pills, but still manage to have TE's if i go over my fat grams. I was surprised because lately a lot has been going on and I haven't been at home often to take my pills 3x a day, but still with each time I didn't take my pill if I ate over the amount of fat grams, I'm in the bathroom quickly.

But I don't mind, it means if we skip a pill every now and then we still have some in our system - so thats great.

I'm down another 2lbs but that could be also because I haven't been meeting my daily calorie intake, and have been below a couple of days, and that plus Alli = a loss.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #87  

I forgot about the banana I had with the cracker. I have plenty of energy and my metabolism is very high. I have always eaten like this except on weekends I would have a full course sausage, eggs, biscuits breakfast. This was before Alli. I just want to lose a small amount of weight and I thought Alli would help because the only way I can lose weight is to not eat much at all. With Alli at least I can eat more of the low fat foods.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #88  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmak View Post
I forgot about the banana I had with the cracker. I have plenty of energy and my metabolism is very high. I have always eaten like this except on weekends I would have a full course sausage, eggs, biscuits breakfast. This was before Alli. I just want to lose a small amount of weight and I thought Alli would help because the only way I can lose weight is to not eat much at all. With Alli at least I can eat more of the low fat foods.
Oh good, that sounds better. Glad to hear I was wrong. =)

About my alli experience: I already eat a low-fat diet at home, but what I like about alli is that I can take it when I eat out and not stress as much about the naturally higher fat content restaurant foods have - even the healthy options! So I'm not really on an alli "plan" so much as using it as a buffer against restaurant calories.

The strange thing is, I've yet to experience any TEs, even when eating ~20g of fat (or more!). I once had 3/4ths of a Pizza Hut P'Zone in one meal to test it, which must've been 30g of fat at the least, and nothing. Like some others, I'm kind of worried it's not working for me.

Glad to hear so many are still making progress, though! I love reading about everyone's experiences in these threads.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #89  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I have te's almost every other day, but only at work @_@
Never once have I had a TE at home, even on my days off. Only at work do I have te's

I think it might be because..one...I'm drinking ALOT of water while working... OR because I'm moving around so much (at least 8-10 miles worth of walking every night) and I know that movemnt like that can sometimes make people have ta go. i think it might be helping the Alli along.

I makes me want to be very careful about what I eat, even though I stay well under my 15g limit, just because I know that TE's will happen at work @_@
Old 07-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #90  
Til'

No TE's here. It must affect different people in different ways. However, I will say that I haven't tested the limits of Alli (yet). Just the fear of TE's has kept me in check. I can imagine that it is very frustrating to have TE's even though you are being "good."

Sakai, I'm impressed with your exercise! Wow, 8-10 miles a night is fantastic! I walk maybe two miles and feel so very accomplished!
Closed Thread