HUNGRY on GOLD

• I am on gold now do to my exercise not being as much as before.
    Ok need help
    I am SUPER hungry.
    Need as many suggestions as possible. I miss that morning protein

amy
  • Try splitting your protein 1/2 at breakfast and 1/2 at lunch. Or have a protein for breakfast, and then starch and veggies and some fruit for lunch and a protein and starch at dinner?
  • Hope I can help. I had to jump from red to gold so I know it is an adjustment. For one of my meals, usually breakfast or lunch, I use my dairy serving by having low fat yogurt. 1 cup of Dannon light and fit has 7 grams of protein. I also have at least one fruit and one starch in the morning with breakfast. Example - 1 cup low fat yogurt, 3/4 cup Fiber one cereal and a fruit - pineapple, blueberries, or strawberries are good. Once a week or so, I have 1/2 Thomas English lite muffin for my starch for either breakfast or lunch.

If I have a protein for breakfast (eggs or egg beaters) then I have the yogurt parfait for lunch.
    I save my proteins for lunch and dinner usually. I use up my starches for breakfast and lunch and by lunch I have had 2 of my 3 fruits.
    For dinner I have what is left of my vegetables and my protein.

Many people rely on sugar free jello cups - you can have up to 3 a day. I have my lites to use up during the day and sometimes, I cut them in half to make them last longer.

Are you a tea drinker? Iced tea is good to sip on these hot days.

I think that it takes a couple of days to get used to eating less for me that was true anyway. I rarely am hungry anymore. If I have proteins that are on the low end of things back to back, then I might notice that I am a little hungry, but then I try to drink more fluids. Hope this helps.
  • For me, the portion sizes on gold get too small when they are split. I know there is a debate about splitting porteins with some COD's saying that you have to stay consistent when you split porteins. For example, if you splitting the breakfast and the lunch protein it should be the same protein, not one egg for breakfast and 3 oz chicken for lunch.
  • If i am still light headed at the end of the day over the next few days they have suggested I add in some extra minutes of activity to get me back to 5 hours a day.
  • I forgot to add that you can use low fat cheese as a dairy also. Cheese and toast for breakfast. I have to be careful with my cheese intake so I keep my system moving if you know what I mean. Bottom line is that you have to use your dairy as the mainstay of one of your meals each day. Keep us informed of how this is working for you and if you have any other questions. some is sure to have a suggestion for you.
  • How much exercise are you doing? I'm on blue with lites and I think it's great. I have to get in 4 hours of exercise, but I still get the extra 1/2 protein and extra starch. I like the fact that the protein portions aren't as large as red. I've been on this diet before, so I've gone through the gold and red plan. I like this plan the best.
    Jill
  • Lynn has excellent suggestions for managing the Gold Plan. I also do the dairy in the morning with fruit. If you can find greek yogurt, I get Fage here in NYC from the local chain supermarket, it is much thicker than regular yogurt and very filling.
    I do the cheese toast thing or
    I melt the cheese portion on apple slices.
    As we're allowed 3/4 cup FiberOne cereal, sometimes I will have 1/2 cup with milk and then save the remaining 1/4 cup to mix with raisins and /or nuts as a mini trail mix (Probably a no-no in LAWL land to split the starch, but I figure it all ends up in the same place.)
    Or I take plain oatmeal and mix in 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce using S and F serving.

I agree with Lynn that it's tough to split the protein on Gold, but if I do I usually do it with chicken because that gives the most bang for the buck. Another meal I find filling for lunch or dinner is 1/3 cup brown rice with 1 cup cooked black beans, lots of fiber and protein to keep you full. Also, I use portabella mushrooms alot, they are quite filling as veg serving. Take one of the big caps and melt your cheese serving on it with a tomato or tomato sauce for a mock mini pizza.

Partner your lites with a fruit, so you get both protein and carb/fiber to feel fuller.

Try different combinations over a few days. Sometimes I'm famished in the morning so I'll use a full protein and a starch, other days I'm fine with just yogurt and fruit and I save the proteins for lunch and dinner.

Give Gold a try, and as Jill mentioned you could always ask your COD about moving to Blue Plan.

Melissa
  • Hey Amy,

I too was hungry on Gold. It just wasn't enough. I am now on Blue. THe extra 1/2 Protein and Starch helped me get through the day not starving.