Old 07-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #1  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Red face Help with Fiber Options

O.K. This is going to be a sensitive topic, so if you are easily disgusted or offended please stop reading now.

Does anyone have any natural suggestions for assisting with BMs? I am eating at least an apple a day, have added 3/4 C Fiber One a day and usually take at least 2-3 capsules of a fiber tablet a day and it is still sometimes 4-5 days before I see any activity.

I have started using a product called Colon Cleanse once or twice a week and a tea called "Laci Le Beau All Natural Super Dieter's Tea" and that helps, but I DON'T WANT TO BE DEPENDENT ON THESE THINGS. I am also doing the Hot, Lemon water daily.

I am NOT constipated, just it is days and days (unless I use something) and we all know the CODs want a date of when your last activity was and they frown if it is not been within the last 2 days.

Any suggestions?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #2  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Hi!
Do you take the Essential Fatty Acids? I used to have this same problem in the beginning and they recomended taking these (3 to 5 before bed) And it really helped me. I'm sure there must be something similar you can buy at GNC or something too.
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I have IBS, so this is something that I battle all the time. I drink a tea called Smoothe Move, by Medicinal Nutritionals. The chocolate one is really good. Also, a strong, hot cup of coffee really helps me.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

There are a myriad of products out there for you to choose from... I've hit them all from time to time, as constipation has been a constant companion with me ever since I started eating healthy... I know you said that you're not constipated, but even so, not going for 4 to 5 days isn't supposed to happen..

The trick is not to use one product or another too consistantly, as you body will become accustomed to it...

We had a thread a long time ago that talked about mineral oil being a good helper.. Then someone recently talked about using magnesium suppliments..

I used the COD's "Nature's Reply" tea and found it really effective, but haven't had as much luck with the Laci Le Beau stuff (but at least it's cheaper!)

Citrecel is a nice alternative to metamucel as it goes down much easier.

Worst comes to worst, I've popped a couple of ex-lax when I really needed to... It works pretty consistantly, but of course, you have to be really careful.

Your COD should have a list of fiber rich foods that are on plan.. But you have to be careful there too.. Too much fiber seems to have an opposite affect than the one you want...

Worst comes to worst, you could always ask your doctor...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #5  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the info. I am using an Omega FAtty acid daily along with everything else. It just seems like with all this, I should not have to use the tea or the cleansing agent. LAWL did give me a list of high fiber foods and I am already using some of them at least daily. Maybe this is just normal for me and I shouldn't be concerned.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

My wife has the same problem.. The only other concern besides normal body function is that it can affect your true body weight during WI...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #7  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

I found if I eat grapes for 1 or 2 portions of my fruit I never have a problem either. My MIL always used to get out her castor oil and put a tbsp. in a glass of orange juice. It does work, but you're better off finding something on plan that helps, I think.

Good Luck ,

Lolene
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote