3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

:LAWL Losers and Friends - July 9-July 15

Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #121
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Dan - don't be hard on yourself. This is a major change we're all trying to make. You made a EXCELLENT choice in food - what you had is 100 X's better than McD's (besides, I had enough for the both of us).

I honestly believe that over eating/binge eating/stress eating etc. are all addictions - just like drug, alcohol, substance addictions. It takes TIME, lots of time to change life long habits and addictions.

You're doing a GREAT job - don't let this get you down! Look where you've came from - heck - a PB and baked chips sure ain't gonna ruin ya! And heck, ya topped it off with a 3 mile walk !!!

As far as the fair deal - that stinks, I'm sorry.

What's LAWL Summer Camp - is that a for real thing?
Ask me about Malamute Rescue

I gotta blogga !
http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/snowdogs/

LABOR DAY CHALLENGE !!!
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #122
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh, to heck with the thunder and lightening.

Dan - we were posting at the same time. Don't be so hard on yourself...very few of us have figured out how to cope without food.

You did great under the circumstances. When under stress our bodies release hormones that automatically stimulate your appetite. You were obviously prepared for this by having OP foods on hand.

The only thing the professionals would have suggested is maybe taking the walk first, releasing the endorphins (your brain's natural tranquilizers) to produce a state of reduced anxiety and a feeling of calm. Deep breathing helps too, but I'm usually too wired for that!

Hope the walk helped and that stuff gets worked out for the fair and your booth space.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #123
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi All
Keep your bail money. so far it is safe.
Worked this am in extreme heat teaching rooms full of babies.. not the quietest time I've ever spent.
Came home hot and tired but forced myself in the pool to my 100 laps.. a good bit of shoulder burn going on right now!
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. I do feel better, recommited and will just have to let the dang sclae decide what it is going to do with this exercise. It is still one of the world's biggest injustices to me that you work so hard to get your number down on the scale and inch wise, then you feel good so start exercising and you gain! But I'm back in my happy place.. tired but happy.
Congrats Felicia and all the other losers.. Dan.hang in there. The blue funk virus that hit Debbie and I must have travelled in the breeze.. you rock!
Will catch you later everyone.. Alannah hope your day is a great one and Amy enjoy tomorrow!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #124
Katy66

I had the same question Snowdogs, is there really a summer camp?

Dan - shame on you for being so hard on yourself! You stayed on plan with what you ate. While you might feel like you went back to your old ways, you quickly readjusted and took that great long walk. You even stayed OP at OG last night......You should be doing the happy dance!

Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #125
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Sorry guys...no LAWL Summer Camp....I fixed my post.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #126
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Snowdogs,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but the 20 lbs is what I have lost in the last 4 months - not just for the labour day challenge. My goal is to loss another 5 lbs, so that is my labour day challenge, and the way its going, its gonna be a real challenge alright. I really hope to lose the 5 lbs by the end of July, and maybe even another 5 by labour day - but we will see what the evil scale has to say about that one.

Inside this body is a skinny person screaming to get out ...
But I can usually shut her up with Chocolate
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #127
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Okay...check out my DD!! This week I'm bringing her into work with me, then taking her to "Butterfly Princess Summer Camp" from 9:30-11:30, then to preschool. Anyway, this morning was the first time that she would actually talk on the air with the DJ's...they burned a copy of it on a CD. I'm so proud of her! Imagine being 3 years old and a "mini celebrity"...the morning show talks about her endlessly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dawn & Emmy-July07.jpg (18.3 KB, 33 views)

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #128
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Dan,

Look at the changes you’ve made. You appear to be half the man you used to be, and I mean that as a compliment.

“What if I hadn’t had OP food handy?” the point is that you DID have OP food handy. I’m just guessing that before LAWL you would have taken the opportunity to continue eating instead of going for a walk. Is that right?

Sorry the state fair is jerking you around. It only takes one incompetent soul to ruin it for everyone.

I understand beating yourself up about this but now it is time to realize that you did make good choices.

As for me, i neither gained or lost over the weekend and i cheated. I shouldn't have but i did. I enjoyed it too and now i am back on track.

hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #129
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

awww - look at little miss Emily !!! She is a doll Tina !

Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #130

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Tina, thats simply adorable!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #131
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

you have a beautiful daughter Tina!

Inside this body is a skinny person screaming to get out ...
But I can usually shut her up with Chocolate
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #132
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Tina - that so sweet!!

Have a spectacular day!
Psalm 118:24
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #133
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
I heard a rumor that the new plan has a higher amount of water mellon for one fruit. I do wonder if they will put maintenance or stability clients on new plans...
1 1/4 cups.

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #134
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfThreeTeens View Post
Well WI this morning was good, back down the 2 I gained on vacation. NOW to just be as close to POP as I can be for the rest of the week. I told the manager today that I would start stabilization next week if I can make it through the rest of this week AND weekend without a gain. Seriously trying to get the munchies under control. I cant have them adding more food back in until I can control what I'm getting already. Make sense??

Congrats to all the losers, all those with NSV's and Felicia! WOW, way to go girlie!!!

Angie, I keep meaning to send you a picture of the marble in my BB. LOL I dont have to wear it anymore but stick it in there every couple of days just to make sure my BB isnt shrinking! LOL

Yes Kim a diary. Surely you remember that little book with all the lines in it to keep track of your food? LOL I havent used mine is so long the manager fussed at me today! ackk!!

To all our birthday girls...Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you...Happy birthday all you slimmer girlies...Happy Birthday to you!!!!:celebra te:
Hoy cow, Kimmy, Kim, Kimmy!!! Your new pics are fabulous! How wonderful! And you so totally rock in that little red number!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #135

S/C/G: 224/198/174

Height: 5 ft 11 inches

Hi,
I am brand new to this and have joined LAWL on June 4th. I have lost about 10 lbs and am doing well on the program..... It is nice to talk to other people who have done this and are also in the midst of it all. I thought it would be hard but so far so good!!!!!
LYNNTHEPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.