3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

:LAWL Losers and Friends - July 9-July 15

Old 07-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #46
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Okay I did my 100 laps in the pool and feel much better.. as long as the COD sclae cooperates on Friday
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #47
LAWL Salt Police

Kristen.. Make sure you follow up your swim with some lean protein and light carbs.. That will help your body recover quicker and not let it retain the bad stuff within you...

Wish I had a pool to do some laps in.. I could use the gym, but it's not that easy to drop everything and do that..

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #48
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Dan - good luck getting through the fires. I understand completely. There is something sick about us, but perfect for this business that we live for running on pure adrenaline when these things happen....

You can appreciate this I'm sure. I spent so many freaking hours in that chopper over the weekend only for the TV station to NOT USE ME! The kicker? I got compliments from two other stations who also subscribe to the feeds thanking me for the great shots of the beaches! So while one was doing it just to yank our chain and make us jump for them (contract is coming up for renewal) they ended up giving the competitors something to use for their news casts.

I'm just a lackey doing my job.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #49
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Lea Ann - there are 5,280 feet in one mile...so a little 11 trips back and forth would put you just over one mile...10 1/2 times, just under.

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #50
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

P.S. 3 hours to WI
Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #51
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

BTW, as of his last WI, DH has lost 36 pounds! That's an average of 6 pounds per week since we started! I'm so proud of him! Now if I can just out of my dirty blue funk and get back on track! I've got to find some fruits and vegetables that I enjoy!

Have a spectacular day!
Psalm 118:24
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #52
Cathleen

S/C/G: 203.6/197.5/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Hello to everyone. I'm new to this community, although I've been lurking around reading your posts for a couple of weeks. I joined LAWL back in April and lost 7 pounds within the first month, but then I started bouncing up and down on the same 5 pounds because I couldn't stay OP over the weekends - lots of travel for both business and pleasure. I'm hoping that over the next 3 weeks I'll get started back down the scale. Then I'm off on another week long trip.

Like most of you, I have been struggling with my weight since childhood and have tried everything. I've gained and lost 40 pounds many, many times. I think LAWL is a good plan (it's very much like the old Weight Watcher exchange program, which always worked for me) if you follow it (key phrase!).

Anyway, all that being said, I'm always looking for inspiration and I know I can find it here. I love the humor I see among you (news break about woman throwing scale off over pass - good one!!). There are also some great results among you - congrats on your successes and achievements!!!

I'm going to have to read up on the Labor Day Challenge - I see several of you mentioning it.

Karen - thank you for inviting me over to this thread.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAgaM7t/]

YaYA Name: Countess PMS

Last edited by cerwin4au : 07-09-2007 at 03:10 PM.
cerwin4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #53
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for the day.
need to get my workout in yet. gonna do that in a few minutes.

hope everyone is having a good monday.
i'll be back later!

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #54
Katy66

I'm jealous of the pool also. That is probably one of the few forms of exercise I enjoy Beats the heck out of walking on that treadmill to nowhere!

I just had a yummy RF Peanut Butter and SF Jelly sandwich on 2X Fiber Lite WW bread for lunch....it was wonderful. I'm so glad you folks told me about that bread!

My scales showed down a lb this morning so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm on the right track for my Friday WI. So much can change between now and then though.

Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #55
Katy66

Welcome Cathleen! LA is a lot like the old WW exchange program...of course they wouldn't want to hear us say that, HA!

Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #56
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Welcome Cathleen.. I am the guilty one that posted about tossing my scale off the overpass.. but trust me I may do it!
Dan thanks for the tips for after working out. Last week I only had proteins and vegs for lunch after swimming and really watch my carbs at night thus my shock/horror at the weight gain at the end of the week. I'm back in my happy place (take note Joni) so will continue to do my swimming and stay on plan this week and not let the little blue funk monster take control of my head again!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #57
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cathleen--welcome! jump in--it gets crazy!

Tina--thanks for doing the math for me--pitiful English teacher I am! I can surely get in a couple miles a day while I am there. Maybe just being the beer runner for the guys will get me lots of steps--lol. I should pack my pedometer.

Felicia--WOW for DH--men suck (sorry Dan) DH was the same way--I got to where I couldn't go weigh in with him because I just ended up mad as ****!

(pat on back)--rather than bump up the exercise thread I will post here: Power90--sweat/abs. I started last Tuesday and got in 4 days last week (sweat & sculpt alternating days) and took the weekend off.

Hope all is well for everyone today--good to see everyone posting--it's when you hide that we worry!!

Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #58
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

WendyII - where is your DH's annual meeting held?

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #59
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Cathleen, glad to see that you have joined in with us!

It can get pretty crazy here sometimes, but its always lots of laughs.

Kim (NewYork) did you get out golfing yet?

Katie - you must share your scale - if it actually measures a loss - I would really like to weigh myself on it. I think that you are about 8 or 10 hours from me. I am getting in my truck right now - I'll be there for breakfast.

Gotta get back to work here. I took on a project to do a slideshow of 30 years worth of photos for a fun golf tournament that we are having in 2 weeks. Its the final one - and I volunteered to do a slideshow - what was I thinking ...... it must have been the alcohol talking or something. Oh well, the biggest job was scanning all the photos, and now I am just about done fine tuning it all. I think its going to turn out pretty good.

Kristen - I will keep my eye on the news tonight for you ..... if your needing bail - we will be there for you!

Everyone take care - catch you later.

Inside this body is a skinny person screaming to get out ...
But I can usually shut her up with Chocolate
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #60
FBD/8-18-08

Hi all! Am on the 'puter but again ONLY if I keep the phone off the hook and listen to the BLHHHHHHHHHHH! Good grief! If anyone has any suggestions to resolve this - I'd be ever so grateful!

Got us this morning and sauteed up a bunch of zuchinni and yellow squash in EVOO and fresh garlic (YUM!) Had a wonderful day yesterday, went to new church, met up with ods and had a great mexican lunch and then went by the outdoor veggie market and picked up a bunch of fruit and veggies for the week. Fresh picked peaches, tomatoes, canteloupes, watermelon, YUM!
Scale was up a pound this a.m. but it's TOM, so actually 1# is nothing compared to my usual 5-7#! (bummer)
Well, the BLHHHHHHHHHHHHH is getting on my nerves, so let me go before I take a sledge hammer to the 'puter and have to disappear for a couple months again!
Busy night tonight as I am closing and it's dollar bowling day! (YIKES!) Gets very busy and sometimes a little crazy with the lounge open...
I'll try and check back in later (if the 'puter cooperates!)
If I disappear you'll know it's the 'puter or the sledge hammer!

P.S. - I'll rent the sledge hammer out to anyone that needs it for their scale, sclae, sceal, whatever!
Blessings,

Hugs and blessings,
Pearl
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.