3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

:LAWL Losers and Friends - July 9-July 15

Old 07-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #31
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Kim--that's fantastic!

Before anyone gets jealous over my 2 weeks off I have to clarify that this is not a glamorous vacation by any stretch. It starts with the inlaws reunion--we get along fine but somehow all the "outlaws" (I'm seem to be a ringleader in that area) end up doing all the work while the "family" visits so i usually end up slightly pissy before it'a ll over. I have vowed this year to clean up after my own family and that's it--there! After that we are heading to the Texas coast (think major heat and humidity--I better sweat off a few pounds!) for a whole lot of nothing (for me anyway) there will be LOTS of nightfishing for those that want--I plan to do a LOT of sitting in a lawnchair with a book-or 2 or 3. The condo has a 500 ft. private pier so I need to figure out how many trips back and forth will make a mile. Any mathematicians?? My sister is a new/hardcore LAWLer so that should help the eating. We are taking the girls to Padre Island for a daytrip to Schlitterbahn (sp) Beach--smaller version of their big waterpark--yes--I am going to wear a swimsuit--I've decided I won't know a soul and there will inevitably be bigger gals than me in smaller suits. So, not a resort but lots of time with the family (my folks, sister & BIL--lots of fun)

Okay--I have to get my self dressed. DD is having a "get-to-gether" with friends she hasn't seem all summer and they will all be arriving shortly for pizza, movie, nailpainting, and lots of squealing I am sure!

Later gators!

Can anyone remember the count for almond milk??

Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #32
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Lea Ann - Vanilla Almond Breeze
You can have 8 ounces of the vanilla Almond Breeze unsweetened milk as 1/2 Dairy exchange.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #33
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Alannah & Amy, Happy birthday early. Enjoy your celebrations!
Karen and Kristen, sorry about the scales. I will save my former fast food fund for your bail money. My bil is a bail bondsman, so let me know if I should call him.
Katie, glad the new plan is agreeing with you. That treat sounds delish.
Kim (momofthreeteens), I have faith that youíll be back down those 2 lbs in no time. Your story and pics totally inspire me.
Norissa, POP all the way!
Heather, take a nap. Step-away-from-the-muffins.
Felicia, drink your v8. It is a good first step.
Christine, sorry to hear your COD isnít doing what it should. This is a great and inspirational group! Welcome.
Tina, I would definitely get a new battery. When I weigh at home, I always do it after my shower and before I have eaten. I find that it is all over the place even then.
Joni, good for you getting your exercise. I am starting Slim in 6 tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. It is tough to get everything into my day but I donít want to be a smaller version of this shape. I want a better shape!
Snowdogs, it is hot and humid in Missouri too. I found the lake to be the best place to be outside over the weekend. At least when you get hot you can jump in and cool off.

I ate and drank some things that I shouldnít have on Saturday, but today I am still down 0.2 compared to my Friday weight. I hope it doesnít haunt me later. I plan to have a slimdown for lunch today or tomorrow just to keep myself in line. I am starting Slim in 6 tomorrow morning at the latest. I will be finished before labor day and might just buy a new swimsuit for the holiday.

Good luck to everyone on a POP week.

hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #34
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Amy - I actually responded to Jody directly since I knew her post was in the wrong place. I can tell you what my COD told me. I wanted to just do one lite a day since I was concerned about the crap in an LA Lite, but knew I liked the added treat. They told me if I cut down to just one LA Lite, I would not get any additional food. If I cut out lites completely, I would get a little extra protein (1/2P or about 2 oz of something) and a veggie.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #35
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

thanks for the info on the almond milk--I haven't had oatmeal in ages and I did the other day but I used water instead of the almond milk--yuck! I always said I loved my Weight Control oatmeal--but it was definitely the milk that made it so good (plus a few walnuts!)

Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #36
Amy

Thanks Joni!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #37
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everyone.....

Alannah and Amy

Kristen - you crack me up!

Katie - your dessert sounds fantastic...your making me hungry

Kim - Awsome losses....what a transformation!

Heather - you don't want those muffins!

Christine -

Snowdogs - I've always wanted to try jetski's ...but never have....they look like so much fun!

Katie - so sorry about the pool....I hope it all works out.

Joni - sounds like your doing great on your workouts.....I try to get to the gym at least four days a week and do something else two days at home like bike ride or play golf and make sure I do a lot of walking ...sometimes I don't get it all in...but I feel so much better when I do.

Boosmom - enjoy your vacation - and make sure it's a vacation for you too...not just everybody else....you deserve it.

Franchise Center
Was Purple no lites....now Plan #3 no lites

healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #38
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

I'm laughing about the sclae - I felt that way about mine last week. This morning we're back on the love portion of our love/hate relationship. Down 1.8 lbs since Thursday. Yay! As long as the COD scale says the same thing it's all good. Funny thing though, the COD scale shows losses that the home one doesn't.

It was a loooong weekend full of work but I stayed POP. It is difficult to eat everything in the plan on days like that. More difficult than saying no to fast food! I'm so glad I saw the V8 post in here before that marathon of work because that really helped me get the veggies in.

Back to work... Dan good luck with all of the fires! Hope you didn't get any alien stowaways in your luggage....
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #39
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Morning Heather...yuck...those muffins sound HORRIBLE!! blahk, vomit, puke, moldy nasty muffins. Do you still want one? Go pour some vinegar on them!! They are gross and nasty things.
I forgot to say - LOL!!!!

Oh and Happy Birthday to all you Birthday Girls!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #40
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Liza.. you have GOOD sclae!!
Holly thanks for the tip on your BIL being a bondsman! As the oldies will tell you on the board several potential bail funds have been collected in my honor in the past when the sclae has not worked with me or when our COD ran out of Lites in the winter as they were 'stuck at the border'
Carrie, glad I made you laugh.. my relationship with this sclae has given me the odd chuckle.. or brief moment of insanity.
Alannah, Happy Bday in advance!
Welcome to Christine... we are funny, strange but all very wise so jump on in!
Nicole.. come out soon or I will hunt you down before I commit assault on the evil number monster!!
I am going to take my grumpy self and get in the pool for some laps.. maybe if I am getting waterlogged I could suck on a lemon while I swim to counteract the effects? I might look like a roast pig floating on a sea of crystal blue if I do that!!!
Go measure your lunches ladies and Dan!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #41
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

On our way home from DD's first swimming lesson, I called our COD and said, "I have two wet, stinky kids in the car, but I need to come by and get bars. Can you have them at the desk so I can just run in and get them?" Susan - one of my favorites - said, "I can do better than that. Call me when you get here and I'll bring them out to you!" I really do love our COD - except for Bland Girl. She's the only counselor that neither DH nor I like. No personality, no encouragement...just bland. Everybody else there is spectacular!

Back to sorting, packing, and pricing! I will be so glad when we are in our new house and can have this crazy garage sale to get rid of everything that's cluttering up our lives!

Have a spectacular day!
Psalm 118:24
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #42
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Lettie - was it you potentially moving to Chippewa Falls? Could be your lucky place!

Quote:
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. - Jack Allen Falkner is one lucky baby.

The son of Dan and Leslie Falkner was born July 7, 2007, considered by many the luckiest day of the century.

But Jack's luck didn't stop there. The infant weighed in at 7 pounds, 7 ounces, at St. Joseph's Hospital in Chippewa Falls.
Liza - I think you are the first person to ever say their COD scale is nice than their home scale! Either way, sounds like you deserve your loss this week after all the things you passed up!

Felicia - now that's what I call customer service!!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #43
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone!

I have returned from my bday getaway to Lake Tahoe! It was SO much fun BUT I definitely ate way too much on Saturday. I made pretty good choices all day, except when it came to dinner. Mexican is my absolute favorite and I haven't had it since starting the diet so of course my dbf took me to a really cool mexican place up there. I totally blew it and definitely felt sick! I think the sour cream, guacamole and chips were just way too much fat at one time for me.
Anyway, we still had a great time and it was just beautiful on the lake.

Thank you all for the bday wishes!!
Tammie- hope you had a great one- I had always wanted to be born in 77 but it was 83 for me...wouldn't that be awesome?

Allanah and Amy- have a great 35th birthday!

Well I am off to w/i and am extremely nervous. I was hoping to be down to 266 to make it 20 but not sure if this weekend and good ol TOM are going to let that happen.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #44
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Lettie - was it you potentially moving to Chippewa Falls? Could be your lucky place!

Liza - I think you are the first person to ever say their COD scale is nice than their home scale! Either way, sounds like you deserve your loss this week after all the things you passed up!

Felicia - now that's what I call customer service!!
My COD scale is 4 lbs nicer than my home scale. Crazy, huh?

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #45
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Been a busy day so far, but nothing I can't handle... I wanted to share a link to the many fires we have going in the western states right now... There are about 41 large, uncontained fires burning right now.. There's one on the map in New Mexico, but it was last weeks fire that, for some reason, hasn't been recorded as contained yet...

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/lg_fire2.php

The effects of the weekend will hopefully be light... When I travel, I tend to, um, retain things, so I'm hoping now that I'm back to being POP and a normal routine, things will even out...

Amy - How was Lake Tahoe? Did you see any of the fire activity going on there..

Sorry to dwell on fires, but it's that time of year for me and I tend to get a bit miopic about it...

Felicia - It sounds like you're keeping crazy/busy.. But the best part of that is that there's no time to eat crappy food!!!

Be one with your POP, people!!

LAWL Goal - 105 lbs. (300-195) - OWNED!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.