Old 07-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #391  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone,

i am sheepishly dragging myself to the computer and I come here to confess my sins. I did not do well at supper last night. Not terrible but not great. Grilled chicken breast with some shrimp - thats okay, but the sauce they put on it was buttery, and I am sure it was loaded with fat. (I was not even expecting a sauce on it - my fault I should have asked) Other than that opted for a salad instead of stuffed potatoe - so thats good right - however --- two tall long island ice tea. I am not even sure how you would count that as I believe there are about three or four different kinds of booze in those. There was lemon - thats gotta help ... yea ok - I know the lemon is not going to offset all the bad things. All in all, it was delicious, and I guess it could have been worse. The interesting thing, I woke in the middle of the night feeling a little sickly - body doesn't like to have that high fat stuff anymore.

Today, I am working my butt off, on treadmill, took dog for a walk, and am eating pop. DH gone for a couple of days, so I have no excuses not to follow plan perfectly.

There we go, I feel so much better now that i have confessed. I promise, I will do better this week. I have goal in sight - thats motivating me!

Okay - everyone have a great day. I need to go throw another load of laundry in, maybe I will run up and down the stairs - does anybody know how many calories you can burn while ironing?
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #392  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Karen - Those celebration dinners are always tough. Sounds like all in all you did okay AND enjoyed yourself which is important too. Getting right back on plan is the key, of course you know that
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #393  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

hmmmmm, calories burned while ironing, well, I'm not sure of the EXACT number, but.....IMHO, it should be LOTS!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking you did pretty good in the dinner out situation!! You could've made so many more "bad" choices - yet you had salad and grilled chicken.

Tomorrow is WI and dentist - UGH!!! But for "treat", I have a yoga class, taught be the neatest gal -- she doesn't believe in trying to turn us into pretzels and the last 10-15 minutes is relaxation.

just me,
laura

tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #394  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Thank you Debbie, Felicia, Karen, Katie, Amylou, for the compliments on my avatar.

Debbie -- At least at your boss' place it was just the Corona, and not desserts, bread, potatoes and corona. That's a victory in itself. I hope you had fun with your niece and nephew. I always found that when I used to watch my little cousins or godsons, it was EXHAUSTING, and I pretty much needed a day to recover. Now that I live it every day (and after two and a half years of sleep deprivation and imposed selflessness) it's no sweat, but then it killed me. Babies break you in nicely for that kinda thing.

Quote:
Just had one of those psycho moments with DD (she's three). She asked, "Mommy, wil you help me get my shirt off?" I said yes and moved to help her. She backed up and screamed, "No, I do it myselp!" I said okay. She tried and then said, "Will you help me?" I tried and again she screamed, "No! I do it!" This went on for 5 minutes until I suggested that she pull from the front and I pull from the back and then I covertly pulled the thing off of her!! Toddlers!!!!
Felicia -- I was so relieved to read that there's another child out there doing this. My DS (2.5yrs) does this every now and then and I was really hoping it wasn't indicative of split personality disorder or something...lol. Usually it boils down to he has to FEEL like he's doing it himself, even if mommy helps. What that means is that I just sit there, not making eye contact, and 'hold' the shorts up and open, and HE can slip his own feet in through the holes. lol

Laura -

Okay, I'm too pooped to delve back further. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #395  
Princess Heather

ok....bad weekend. TO didn't go so well today. But I'm not quitting! I'll be back tomorrow more rested and ready to go!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #396  
Princess Heather

just to clarify....it was a bad food weekend...everything else was GREAT!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #397  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Felicia, Kristen, Heather - I refuse to believe that your darling little girls do anything wrong. I suggest all of you adjust your attitudes and give your angels what they want!! LOL

Felicia - your Bland Girl counselor's nickname cracks me up...

Kristen - you definitely have to post that cheesecake recipe....oh wait...I saw a cheesecake description further down in the posts and I've changed my mind. maggot infested cheesecake that came from the dog's butt.
Hey, did you ever look under the box spring of your bed for DH's ring? Just curious. Also, keep on swimming, incorporate a little bit of weight training every other day and I bet you'll drop 5 lbs before too long.

Liza - I know I would have caved if someone had invited me to such a wonderful dinner. DH and I were out yesterday and it just got to be too late to eat; I was going to stop and get a salad at Chik Filet but he wanted Taco Bell, so I was like, fine, and wound up getting a soft taco - $1.49 I think. I looked at him and said, "thanks, big spender!" As Cassi has often said -- you still have a life to live and you just need to plan for those moments. I aim to be good 80% of the time. I wish I could be perfect, but it never works! BTW, I'm a Capricorn too (Dec 22). Actually, everyone in my house is a Capricorn - DH and both dogs and me....we all get along...most of the time.

Nicole - your cucumber picture makes me want to break out in the cucumber version of the Forest Gump shrimp dialog..let's see....cucumber salad, cucumber pickles, cucumber sandwiches, cucumber sauce, cucumber dressing. Hope tonsil boy is doing nicely...cold cucumber soup would be quite good for him and perhaps a cucumber listerine slushie.....

Barb - thanks for this memorable hot dog description. I knew they were bad, and I really haven't eaten one in a long time, but it will be a long time before I eat another one after reading that.

Kim - hope you got your ride in (we had rain)...the Blue Ridge Parkway offers great scenery on a pretty day.

Snowdogs...leg cramps..Funny you guys are talking about this but I've been getting a lot of leg cramps lately too. I was at a running expo a few weeks ago and someone handed me a new homeopathic medicine for relief of muscle cramps called "Crampamine" made my American Bioneuticals. I'm going to give them a try since I'm not willing to give up all my fruits for one banana every day. I did a step class yesterday and that always makes my calves scream so I took a couple this morning and must admit my calves seemed better than normal. Oh wait...

I just read Dan's post. I'm definitely going to look for one of those foam noodles and give that a try (your description was perfect Dan).

Letisha - your post says you are working out 3600+ minutes a week....that's like 60 hours a week. Did you mean 360?? All you trainer stuff sounds reasonable and I hope they figure things out for you. I'm so tempted to pop into my COD to see if they have the new plans and will cut me any good "come back we love ya" deals?

Marleysmom - Welcome

Cassi - Happy belated Anniversary to you.

What can I say....I had an okay LAWL weekend....not POP but I'm hoping the scale is kind to me in the morning. I actually went through my LAWL Cookbook this morning and highlighted a couple recipes I'll make during the week. I've also discovered lots of new Steamfresh style veggies in the frozen section and I've had no problem getting my veggie servings in the last couple days. The other thing I'm proud of us how much I've cut back on my consumption of diet coke.....those single serving packs of crystal light are my latest fixation. My goal this week is to get the scale back down to 160 by next week. My plan of attack is to up my cardio, do weight training every other day, abstain from any alcoholic fruits and starches, limit myself to two frozen lunch / dinners this week and only 1 Lite per day. I'm spearheading the Chicks to the Finish challenge, and in four weeks I've lost a total of maybe two pounds...great leader I have turned out to be! I will do better for the team!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Katy - When I was at WCU we frequented Asheville often. I LOVE that city. I actually live just inside the White County line so my address is Cleveland, Ga. But I was born, raised, and now work in Gainesville, Georgia. Gainesville is about an hour northeast of Atlanta. I don't know if I have ever been to Rayle but I have been to Elberton a few times.

Katie - Emerson's experience sounds terrifying. We have had a few incidences like that at my school. I will certainly keep Emerson and his parents in my prayers.

Snowdogs - I leave Sadie in the big crate with the pee pee pad only when I am at work or gone for several hours. I felt like she needed to have a place she could move around a little. During the school year I am gone for 12 -13 hours some days. I feel awful that we are away so much. It is just the nature of being a single parent to an active 8 yr. old. Do you have other suggestions? I would love to be able to let her roam the house but obviously can't.

Ok. I am trying to get throught the pages that have appeared here since I went on my retreat. I am only on page 24. I'll give a quick follow up and start again tomorrow. I had an awesome time at the retreat. We got lots of planning done and had lots of fun playing games that night. It is such a blessing to work with the wonderful ladies I work with. They are so dear to me. It is hard to refer to myself as a single mom when DS has so many "other Mamas" at school watching out for him! Poor boy!

DS starts baseball camp tomorrow. Maybe I can do some of that housecleaning to give me a sense of accomplishment.

WI is tomorrow. I am not expecting great results but I did get my swimming laps in today. I have stayed OP the majority of the weekend but have not gotten all my water in and started out great with my fruit and vegetables but didn't do too good today. So WI will be a surprise.

I'll be back later,
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Katy - Congrats on the loss!

Happy Anniversary to those celebrating!
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #400  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni...........the sad thing about my cucumbers is that DH had to throw most of that batch out as they were over ripe. Oh well, what can you do.....we had to go out of town.

So, as far as these leg cramps go that a few of you have mentioned...........stretching well before and after excersizing can also help a lot.....and I'm sure you all probably know this already, but a stretch isn't really effective until the muscle relaxes......so stretching should always be slow and long. But please, please.....if they continue, see your doc........symptoms are like little messengers from your body to take care

Well, I am proud to say that I have had a very OP weekend. I am heartsick as my DH has been away from me since Tuesday. You know, sometimes absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I have been really missing my girlfriends from Wisconsin the last couple of years, since we moved to St. Louis.....and being here, with all of them has been really nice......and makes me miss and appreciate my very BEST friend, DH.

And........I had a very immature jealous streak on Friday night. I knew DH was going out with his salesmen, but when I called him at like midnight (he rarely stays out that late), and he was still out.......and I heard very loud music........I got really jealous.......and I was really suprised with myself. I love and trust this man like noone else I have ever known.......but he is only 30 years old, and rather good looking......and all I could think was.......all these 22 year old super hot skinny chicks are probably checking MY HUSBAND out and trying to buy him drinks.......and it made me kind of sick to my stomach. The guys he was out with are major geeks......so he is the best looking one of the bunch.......and I don't know why I feel like that sometimes.......but I do.....and I hate it. Sometimes I think it is because I am 6 years older than he is........and sometimes I think it is because I was very thin when I met him and for the 2 years we dated, and up until I got pregnant with 4 yo. DS. I hate it that being overweight shakes my confidence like that. It's just no good. Wow, thanks......I just had to get that off my chest......cuz I didn't really want to tell him all of that. He deserves much more credit than that, you know. Anyway, the point I am trying to make is.......I am feeling quite determined to not let my weight help me to feel inadequate anymore. My DH fell in love with and married a strong independant confident woman.........and that is what he is going to have P.S. the darling that he is, called me back that night about 15 minutes after we hung up, from home. He said he was getting tired and bored anyway.

Ok, enough of all that.......I need to get to bed. Everyone......stay strong.......we can do this......just one meal at a time
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 AM   #401  
LAWL Salt Police

hi gang...

All I'm gonna say is that today was not a great op day.. That's all i'm gonna say...

Hope you all have a restful night and a great tomorrow... !
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 AM   #402  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Well it sounds like a lot of us had shameful weekend on our food choices.. but hey we all had fun right????

I was back OP today doing the TO. I was tired (hungover?) worked and then pulled it together by the end of the day to get all of the laundry and housework done. I took the dog for a short run and then dragged the bike out and did that. I'm going to WI on Tuesday instead of tomorrow to give TO a chance to take effect.

Good luck to everyone else getting right back on again! We can do it!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 AM   #403  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Good morning! I would much rather NOT be awake right now, but our bed is infested with wiggle giggle bugs. One is 6 and the other is 3. I'm not sure how they took over, but they did. The little one has only been in a daybed for about a week and we are having a really hard time keeping her in her own bed. She wakes up about 5 every morning and sneaks down the hall to our room. The oldest is so excited because today, he starts a summer program at a local university. It lasts for 2 weeks and is 8:30 to 2 every day. Somehow, I got booted out of my own bed.

I have had a few really bad days and haven't been POP or anywhere close to it. I've got to get back on the stick!!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #404  
LAWL Salt Police

Please disregard this.. I meant to post it in the new week thread!

Morning gang...

Well, I'm back on the wagon today, as it were... I passed up the deep urge to get a breakfast burrito and settled for a lite and fit smoothie and an orange for breakfast... I'm sure my body will thank me for it later.. It better, or there's gonna be **** to pay..

Got really made at the scale this morning... I got on and it showed me a no change.. 205.0.. I thought "well, I can take that".. but I always get on and off a couple of times just to make sure, so I got on again and it showed me down to 203.6!!!! I thought "Holy CRAP!!!".. But just to be sure, I got on again.. This time, it showed me at 205.2, and stayed there for a couple more attempts, so I guess that's where I am... Hopefully, once Sunday's bad choices are "processed", it won't go much higher...

Be one with your POP!

Last edited by Dan2112; 07-16-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote