Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #301  
Princess Heather

ok....I fixed the mahi mahi for dinner.....I have to do something better. I didn't like it. I am certain it was how i cooked it....and seasoned it...so I will try again. Now....DFS LOVED it......

DFD did okay today being a little more independent...not needing to be held every single second. Then DADDY got home....she crawled over to the gate and WHINED like I had not even touched her all day, tears formed and everything. So what did DADDY do?????? He reached down and picked her up....and said "oh precious Di did mommy leave you alone today?" And he laughed. I just rolled my eyes and walked away. She has her daddy wrapped around that sweet little finger......and if the truth be told....i hope it stays that way for a long time!

Everyone have a good day tomorrow and stay OP! Later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #302  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the time you all take to check this site and post replies. I can't tell you how much it is helping me to log on here once a day! I am so happy I found you all and thank you for including me.
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #303  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All! I have WI today. My scales are showing down but anything can happen between now and my 11:30 appt. A gal can retain a lot of water in that length of time

Heather - I have a hard time finding recipes that I like and can cook. Cooking healthy takes more time and I'm always rushed and I think it is just so diff from how we are used to cooking. I've done the baked ck parmesan in the LAWL book and it was pretty good. DH and DD like it to.

Nicole - You really brought back memories with the breathe comment. It was bad and made those big hugs pretty hard to take It does go away though.

Felicie - Hope packing is continuing on with a little less "help". Just think though when you get moved she already has that part down pat

Carrie and Lynn - My COD recommends 3X per week but there is not way I can do that. I started out going 2X and am now down to 1. Should probably consider going back to 2, it does keep you a little more motivated.

Lettie - You've convinced me to try the Lunas. I need a little change since the only bars I like now are the Caramel and Choc Crunch.

Renee - WCU is in my backdoor. I grew up about 30 minutes from there and still live fairly close (Asheville). In fact my sister graduated from there. I went to a local tech school and then transferred to Montreat. Where are you in NE GA - my MIL lives in Rayle.....it is a tiny little place close to Elberton.

Snowdogs and all - We have a 1 yr old rat terr..kinda like a jack russel. She eats anything and everything including one of DD's socks and an entire container of bird seed. YIKES! Sticks are her very fav.

Hello to everyone out there. Have a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody! Logged in last night and just finished reading everything this morning. LOL. No seriously though, I did log in last night after not being on in ages. Just couldn't sit long enough to do read anything...two small kids most times means no time to yourself.

Welcome to all Newbies!

Allanah- Happy Belated!

Debbie- Glad to see you posting! Plateaus...argh.

KrispieD- It seems like we have the same stuff going on with exercise and the evil scale. I'm going to keep exercising...but with the scale tricks, now I can see why my old center told me not to exercise. I think I will come out on top on this one though.

Lettie- glad to read you are getting back into the swing of things.

Karen- KUTGW = Keep Up The Good Work Sorry, it took me so long to reply to that.

That's all my stressed out mind can remember at the moment...you guys can type a whole lot.

As far as me, (long story, as usual) I have been on "well, let's switch your plan" avenue all week. I got switched to plan 3, then 4 regular, then 4 LA Express...My whole body is confused. Although, I had a physical done in Jan and bloodwork done last summer while I was pregnant, LAWL dieticians now want me to see a doctor as they can not explain why I am gaining. Could it be that I am working out 3600+ mins a week???? Could it be that no one at the center believes that??? (That's what hurts..)Why, I said that is because I joined a gym this week and got a trainer. He asked me how minutes a week I had been "truly" working out...I was scratching my head when he said this, but then he said, "As your trainer, I want to tell you that if you are working out, you are not either doing your sets properly, not working out long enough, or following a good diet because your work is not physically showing." I wasn't offended because I asked him to be honest about my body and my weight loss goals and also, I know I have been very honest about my food intake and exercising. So, he took my body fat which is 39%...it does not match my weight after doing all the calculations. So then he says, "We really need to change your diet so we can really start to see more muscle." I had to smile...vindication. So, my new muscle is explaining the "weight gain". After showing him my LAWL plan, he said in concept, the plan is great as the category type of foods, P, S, V, F. However, the choices are very interpretive and could actually hold onto fat. Of course he said high sugared fruits such as melons, mango, strawberries, the so-called SF yogurts still have up to 20 grams of sugar, then guess what else he said...LA LITES. Are we at all shocked??? He said some people can do the plan with so many choices, then there are folks like me whose choices need to be restricted and have to eat apples and blueberries instead of melons and strawberries because it will slow my fat loss while exercising. He said it looks like one can be successful at losing weight on the LA Weight Loss plan by just following it with minimal exercising or none at all, but the loss would also include most of your muscle, which equals metabolism. I want my metabolism or I would need to eat on LAWL for the rest of my life and be nervous about what I put in my mouth, at all tims. Can't do it...I just can't live that way. Processed foods...crackers, most cheeses, LA Lites, etc. are to be very limited or removed while I am training. All I can say is WOO HOO!!! NO MORE NASTY LA LITES!!! Plus, I am to stay off the scale. That's impossible as I have to weigh in 3x p/wk, but I will try my best to ignore the scale numbers and focus on inches lost. I have actually lost 17 inches since joining in Feb, so, I must be doing something right. My trainer is not a certified nutritionist, but of course there a few at my gym, so I am getting a letter to take to the center next week. Plus, I am going to the Nutrional Ctr of Atlanta next week, to get another letter...just in case. Well, I'm only doing what LAWL asked me to do??? Anyhoo, I hope my situation is encouraging to someone who is going through the same thing I am going through. Now, I can stop beating myself up about this weight and take a "chill pill".

Well, I gotta go. Joni- I am going to donate a gift card rather than money since I don't think I will be able to participate in the challenge. I will pick it up this weekend I guess...Have a POP day EVERYONE!!
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #305  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Letisha
Thanks for checking in.. if you get a list of approved and non approved foods like some of the ones you mentioned would you share with me? I am so frustrated with this gain. When I weighed in last week I was up 3lbs and when I go in tomorrow I'm going to be up another 2. I am certain with my being on maintenance that my COD is not going to believe that I am swimming 5 miles a week but instead that I must not be coping well now that I am on my own and weighing in twice a week. It is one of life's great mysteries that you can gain when exercising I'll have to take some measurements now too and maybe a before picture as I am going to need SOMETHING to keep me focussed while this scale climbs up. I talked to my mom about it yesterday and she has already been at me thinking I am getting 'too small' and not eating enough. I told her I am 160 lbs not 120 and anorexic.. also I bet I eat more in a day than she does. Anyhoo I told her about gaining 7lbs which she completely pushed aside but I said you have to understand after being overweight for 31 years, then working so hard for 10 months to get it off.. to see 7lbs creeping back up on the scale is really hard to take. But I knew my forum gals and Rooster Dan would understand so thus I confess.
Girls are in school today so it's time to right the house, get caught up on my work emails and recover from a full and crazy mommy day with them yesterday.
There have been no trips to get a B Wizard but there have a been a few liquid fruit spritzers.. on plan might I add.

Keep working hard everyone!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #306  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone!

Pearl- So glad your puter is fixed! And, wow, on the cheesecake. I had no idea. So that is why it is so bad for us!!!

Nicole- Good to see you, now you had better let your inner skinny girl out to defeat the "fat girl" eating!

Liza- Liquid fruit, then a bike ride? This I must see! Glad that you heard from Mini Me.

Katy- GL @ WI!

Carrie- Today is a new day! Don't let the sins of the last two days dictate your choices today!

Renee- Great loss! Hope that you have a fun retreat!

Kim- I feel you on the rainbow poop! I have had toddlers eat crayons before with the same effect.

Debbie- Good job girl! You are melting, mellllllllting!!!

Felicia- Wow, lady you are on the stick. This school year is gonna be a breeze, at this rate.

Heather- Yeah, how would be to Daddy Fun Guy? You know, the dude who is gone all day, so does not have to deal with crying, bodily fluids, messes, etc, then gets to come home and actually enjoy the kids?

Letisha- Good luck with all of that. Hope that something starts to help.

Harry Potter- Can't remember who asked, but it was awesome!

So, I was not POP yesterday. Made a valiant effort until dinner, then ended up eat baked Zita al Forno for dinner at my moms. Not up today, but sure I will be down, either. We had major drama at daycare yesterday. One of our infants had a terrible seizure (He has mini seizures several times a week, but have not had a big for 6 weeks). I hired his mom recently, and thank goodness she was there when it happened. He turned blue, one of my staff and the mom ran to car and raced to the emergeny room. We are just a few blocks from the hospital. He was completely stiff and nonresponsive at the ER for 45minutes before they were able to get him to relax. I went to the hospital to see them last night. I got to feed him his bottle. It was heart breaking. The mom, Amy, was there, as were some of my other staff who came to sit with her. They are college students from Nevada with no family here. The dad, Preston, was at home. He just could not deal with it, I guess. Anyways, the baby is 8 months old. He was laying on his back on a hospital bed, no guard rails, nothing. Can you imagine being able to do that with an 8 month old without them falling right off? He shows so many markers for brain damage. It is really scary. Arching all the time, drooling, head in a funny postion, and never, ever cries. We finally had him rolling over, but it was clear to me last night that this seizure has set his development back again. I am waiting until a little later to call Amy and check on him. So, keep little Emerson in your prayers, won't you?

I have to go WI in a bit, cross your everythings for me!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #307  
Katie

Kristen- GL at the COD, I hope that they are kind to you. If not, I am coming up there with a stick!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #308  
Katie

And it is not a whooohoooo stick either......
Old 07-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #309  
Kristen-LAWL

Hmm.. what would we call the opposite of the woohoo stick..
Katie I need to make some more Tshirts for our company.

I'm not Fat, I'm just Exercising
I went swimming and all I got was this lousy shirt.
Whales do Float!
Swim, Swim, Swim.... GAIN

Okay stop laughing now everyone.. I take out my emotions on Tshirts as some of the oldies will tell you
Old 07-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #310  
Katie

Maybe the "watch out" stick?

Possible T shirts- "Water weighs more that muscle!" "I might be water logged, but you are ugly, and I can drink lemon water"!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #311  
Kristen-LAWL

Lol!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #312  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Katie - my heart just breaks for little Emerson and his parents! They will certainly be in my prayers. Sounds like they've already had such a rough road!

WI today - and I KNOW I haven't lost. This may be my first time to see a gain. Wouldn't surprise me. I haven't been very focused the past few days and have had a really hard time eating all of my food. For me, that's worse than overeating. But between packing the house and readying the classroom, my mind is understandably elsewhere!

Maybe the opposite of a woohoo stick is a poo poo stick!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #313  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Heather--if you are going to ignore that baby all day then I am on my way to Indiana to get her--I could quit my job and hold her all day long!!! Sounds like she has daddy right where she wants him--and both deserve it! At 37 I am STILL a daddy's girl. I am so happy for you.

Nicole--I totally forgot about the breath--even with major warnings we were not prepared for THAT--yuck!

Debbie--I am so glad you are feeling better and back to chatting with us!

Liza--enjoy your break--it will be back to the real world before you know it.

Katy--good luck at WI!

Kristen--I hate to see you frustrated--just know that it will work itself out--easy to say, hard to hear I know. You have done such a fabulous job taking care of yourself and I can't imagine how exercise could eve be a bad thing.

Letisha--glad you are getting some answers from someone--hopefully your PT can get your body moving in the right direction. I agree--with all you are doing right something has to give--and I hope sooner rather than later!

Love the T-shirt ideas!

Katie--the story of Emerson just breaks my heart. Just another to add to my list of great things in my life--healthy kids. GL @ WI.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #314  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

morning Felicia!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #315  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I am trying to catch up on personals, but it is hard. I have not had a chance to sit down at home until at least 9:30 each night, other than grabbing a quick bite for dinner. Last night I was up until 10:30 just doing chores. I have also been so hungry! I wonder if it is all of the increased activity even though it is not officially “exercise”.

I am only down 3+ lbs total weight but according to my scale (haven’t updated ticker, gained a few oz), I’m down 4 lbs body fat. I also am not spilling over the top of my smaller jeans (you know how ugly that can be) and buckling my belt one notch smaller. This is the smallest I’ve had my belt since I had ds (15 months ago). I know this is working and I need to drink more water and less diet coke. I think the diet coke makes me hungry and the water fills me up.

Take care and have a great weekend!
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote