3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

:LAWL Losers and Friends - July 9-July 15

Old 07-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #136

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liza, I had the stomach flu awhile back and decided to do a takeoff since I couldn't look at food much anyway. Since it was a legal way to pretty much not eat for a couple of days. I had always used any illness as an excuse to give up on dieting, and that was one of the things that LAWL helped me get over. Of course so early in the program, they aren't as likely to encourage the whole TO torture (they save that for later when you've seriously plateaued and are feeling desperate at my COD)

Kim, They add the food back in so slowly in stability that you are going to wonder why you waited to start. First week all you get is all the veggies you can eat, so you can go wild with all the baby carrots that you want! Well that was something I enjoyed. I found all the hype about carrots having lots of sugar so watch your consumption (which I had been careful during weight loss) seemed not so true when I was let loose to eat as much as I wanted of them.

Dan, You did so good to eat what you had planned and to go take a walk to destress instead of a junk food break! Give yourself credit for handling it so well. Also it shows you how important it is to have the OP food with you. You were prepared and it paid off!

Karen, Your ticker still seems to move regularly, so those last 5 pounds should be gone soon.

Kristen, One of the counselors I had at the COD was very helpful when I was feeling bad about stopping my weight loss at 160 since my body didn't seem to want to go lower than that (and it still doesn't darned stupid body and stupid mean scale, since I really, really, really wanted to see it go that way). She said your weight isn't tattoed on your forehead (thank the Lord), but people can see what size you are. So don't use the scale as the only judge of whether you are doing good or bad, even if that is what the COD will do.

Katie, 1 1/4 cups of watermellon... good to know. I also saw 12 instead of 9 cherries.. I've been counting out my cherries and then my DH will want one from my plate and doesn't like it when I don't just give them to him. I think he thought that once I got to maintenance it would all revert to how it was before, and it hasn't.

Nicole, if you are out there, My DD cleaned her room! For the furniture that I was refinishing for her room she cleaned it out and let me in there (OK to clean it some more I'll admit). the furniture I repainted and the room looked great and I even went and bought some new bedding. Now if it will look somewhat close to that again when she goes back to college, I will be so happy. Of course she is spending more time at home now that the weather has turned really hot (we have air conditioning and her house at school does not). She got a bunny (I think of it as her rebellion bunny since dh would never let her get something like that) as soon as she moved into the house, but now the bunny needs the air conditioning and is at our house. Her dad is not happy. Cute bunny though. I hope my cat does not eat it. So far so good.

Anyway, I better get back to work...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #137
Katie

Height: 5'1

Haha, Barbara, I am constantly yelling at my kids and DH to stay off my plate for the same reason. One of my daycare kids will ask for a grape or a cherry when they see me eating, and I say, "Nope, sorry, these are measured." They accept that answer with a confused look. Makes me laugh every time.

Tina- How cute is that?!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #138

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

LOL Thank you Katie! I need to take one that shows my face so you all will know that tummy is really mine! I wore that "little red number" to bed last night, havent seen that look on DH's face in a long time :::grinnin::: Sorry if that was TMI LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #139
Katie

Height: 5'1

Not at all, you deserve to see "the look"!!!

Welcome Lynn!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #140
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I need an intervention. I have the munchies really bad, and just my one LA lite left for today. Normally I save a fruit and a half dairy for the evening, since I always feel like snacking. Crap. Maybe I'll just sneak some cucumber, better than the popcorn that I really want.

Liza -- If your lite had a crunchy bit in it, I can tell you that's not supposed to be there. Maybe check the expiry date on your box, and either way, I'd return them to your COD for something that's not crunchified. Luckily for me no stomach bug has ever kept me from wanting to eat, so I have no advice on what to do in your situation.

Shoot. I just burned 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Crap. I had them in the fridge, and was worried they were going to go bad, so I popped them all in the oven. I figured we could eat them on salads or sandwiches this week. They are all 'blackened' now because I put them under the broiler and then promptly forgot about them.

Lettie -- Don't forget to reformat your hard drive. I miss seeing you more often on here.

Dan -- I've had a similar experience, running into old friends who said, "I had no idea how to contact you", uhhh...did you try looking me up in the book on 411 online? I have had my number listed forever. I got such a kick out of seeing my name in the phone book when I first moved out on my own. Now we just recycle them, like Liza said, and use the online version.

TN Kim -- HOly crap, that TT took about 20 years off of you! lol I can tell immediately by her eyes, that is your daughter. No mistaking that.

Welcome Lynn! In what area of TO do you live?

Hmm...reading about the fruit thing makes me feel a little guilty. When it comes to berries or cut up pieces of fruit, I've always allowed myself a little extra. If it said 6 strawberries, I'd have 7; 9 cherries meant 10...lol I don't know why, it's not like it fills you up any more, I just felt a little smug I guess, losing with my "extra helpings."

Barbara/Katie -- I do the same with my DS, poor little guy. Momma doesn't share nicely...lol.

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #141

S/C/G: 254/233.6/140

Height: 5'4

Default Weigh in!!!

Good afternoon ladies...just thought I would report!! I am down another 1.6 lbs!! I wish it were more!! BUT, I didn't put on this weight overnight!! I told my dh we would have a big party when I weighed less than him. This has only happened twice in our married life and that was the first 4 months of our marriage...then I got pregnant!!! The second time was when I got gungho and went to step aerobics 5 days a week!! I looked good!! I was still considered overweight...but I got down to 187! That was in 2003.

I've put on 57 lbs since then...we adopted 3 preteens(14, 13, 12). That was a HUGE stressor and I am an emotional eater. It doesn't help that the oldest child sexually offended my two bio daughters. It could have been worse than what it was...but I don't want to minimize the trauma the endure...but it could have been worse!! That was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever had to endure!! I blamed myself...I felt as though I had invited danger into my home and could not protect my girls!!!

Thankfully, we have closed that chapter in our lives. My daughters have been through counseling and are doing well. The offender is out of our home and our lives.

SO....I used food to bring me comfort during that time in my life...and it shows!!!

I am looking forward to the helpful tips and encouragement!!

Gretchen
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #142

Default The egg and exclaimation mark

What does the little egg and exclaimation mark mean??
Old 07-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #143

Great job Gretchen!!

Angie-Yeah, thats my darling baby girl. Shes going to be 18 in 2 weeks. I cant believe it! Theres a bigger picture of her before her senior prom in my profile.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #144

The egg means someone is online at the time, the ! is to report an inappropriate post.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #145
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Dan - Be proud of yourself that you recognize the problem. That's half the battle as they say.. and as others said you did have OP food with you in case of such an emergency! You did better than you think...

Joni - You always have such good words of advise :-) I love reading your posts!

Kristen - I'm glad we didn't have to bail you out. We'll start up a fund in case of future need.

Tina - What a cutie pie your little girl is!!!!! Was she shy in the studio or did she grab the mic and not want to let go?

Kim - I bet the look on your husbands face made it all worth it! Good for you! I'm so excited to watch you find your sexy side again! Well, I won't really be watching and taking pictures.. that's just pervy. But please don't be afraid to share (within reason)

Lynne - Welcome! Jump on in!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and sympathies for the tummy bug. This truly sucks. I wish I could've taken the afternoon off but there just wasn't anyone to cover me. I got some chicken tortilla soup, crackers and water melon and I've been taking little bites here and there from all of those while I sit in the fetal position in the studio. I haven't had to make any mad dashes to the bathroom but I get cold sweats and feel like I'm going to faint if I stand up for too long.

A couple of people here were saying this is good because I'll weigh less on Thursday for my WI. I think I surprised them by saying this is not how I want to lose weight. I want it to be a true and permanent loss.

Pity party for one over here... I know.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #146

I have an INAPPROPRIATE POST???????? How does that happen?? I would NEVER.....PH MY...does that mean someone has complained about me??
Old 07-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #147

Liza, feel better soon sweetie! Tummy bugs are the worst. I think I feel more rotten when I feel like I need to throw up and cant. Ughh!!!

It's been a LONG time since I've felt sexy and not trying to hide in the dark or under the covers. I was parading around in front of him last night just to watch his face! LOL

I told PS last week at my check up that I only had one problem, he said whats that? I said well now you gave me the tummy of a 17 year old but the rest of me is still 44! He just laughed and said what are we gonna fix next summer?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #148
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Oh no I forgot to say hi to Angie! Thank you for your words and advice :-) I noticed the wrapper on these lite bars is different. Just how the wrapper is cut at the very ends. On the old bars, it's a straight edge. One this batch, the ends are perforated (I think that's the word I'm trying to use) The chocolate crunch ones have the wrappers I'm used to so hopefully those will be all good. I don't think this is from anything I ate. On Friday the gal in the chopper was saying she was afraid she was going to get sick and that surprised me because she never has gotten motion sickness. Then I was in there all weekend so there ya go.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #149

No no no, sorry didnt mean to confuse you. Its there to click on if you think somebody elses post is offensive!!! Sorry!! Doesnt mean yours is!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #150

S/C/G: 224/198/174

Height: 5 ft 11 inches

Thanks for the welcome!!!! I live in West Toronto at Weston road and the 401.
I joined LAWL because I could not take it anymore and hated the way I looked!!!!! I have been trying all the recipes in the cook book and my hubby loves them too so that is a plus. It is really nice to find a place where you can ask for support and everyone knows what you are talking about LOL!!!
LYNNTHEPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.