Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #1  
MayEMT

S/C/G: 160/155/124

Height: 5.4

Unhappy Um...has anyone not followed plan??? :(

Ok im utterly ashamed to say this but I am about one month away from what was my goal date and I've only lost approx. 5 lbs. (partly due to summer meltdown)....and I just feel so angry at myself that I have not been able to stick to anything. I'm known for being a yo-yo dieter since I was 17. I just get bored with diets and as many of you here are emotional eaters like me, you know how hard it is to control cravings during TOM or when the going gets really tuff.

But enough excuses, I just need help.....stories, advice, anything to keep me going. I get sick when I look at how much ive invested in this program (supplemnts, lites, shakes, etc) and I cant believe I let it get to this point letting all my money go to waste. Is anyone out there? Anyone???
MayEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #2  
Princess Heather

you certainly are not alone...i was supposed to be at goal by June 11....and here it is July and i am nowhere near. So i went back to COD and got restarted. Yes I've invested a lot of money....but if i keep trying and finally succeed then long term it's worth it.

So keep at it! make this time the one that sticks...and stay with us....the people here will help keep you motivated!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #3  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

my advice is don't buy another weight loss supplement and throw out or if you can't do itt, put them away somewhere and don't use them. They don't work! The only thing that works for the long-term and I know it's so boring to hear but it's so true, is changing what you eat and how much you eat and exercise your butt off (literally). All the pills, shakes and whatever may help speed up you're weight loss but if you go back to eating the foods and portions that caused you to gain weight in the first place, you'll be right back where you started. I'm typing from experience and I've finally realized that I can't eat all the sweet breads, hamburgers & fries, burritos, etc., etc., that I want to and expect to be at a healthy weight. For me now, it is basically some protein; chicken or fish and vegetables. I rarely eat anything white, i.e., white rice, potatoes, pasta. A special treat for me may be whole wheat pasta with marina sauce and only a cup full coupled with a huge salad or steamed veges. I do give myself a treat every so ofter cuz I'm only human but it will only be once a week. And move, move, move and it doesn't have to be the gym or anything strenuous. I know you know most of this stuff but it helps to know you are not alone. We all fall off the horse every now and then but the most important thing is to get right back on.
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #4  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

you need to get yourself in the mindset that this time it is going to work, and you have to make it work. So, dust yourself off, and get back on that horse. Don't think of this as a diet, but as a healthy lifestyle. Thats really what its all about, eating healthy food, and proper portions. We all have the occasional slip up, but the best thing you can do is just follow the plan, and like deedee says, excercise your butt off. The group of people in this forum are proof that the plan really does work if you stick to it.

I am also one who has tried several different diets, and would always lose a few pounds, but then I would go back to my old habits, and then I would put the weight back on again. That doesn't work. This time it is working, and I am sticking with it, and you can to!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #5  
FBD/8-18-08

MayEmt - LAWL is a lifestyle. It teaches us how to make good choices, how much to eat, and if you stick with it, it will change your life. I personally believe everyone marches to the beat of a different drummer, so if you haven't met goal, so what?!? This will only work if YOU WORK IT!!!
It's Independence Day here in the states girlfriend!!! A great day to decide you're going to be independent of those bad choices and learn to eat healthy. Go back to what made you choose LAWL in the first place... was it the way you looked? Was it the way you felt? Was it high blood pressure? Was it shortness of breath walking across the street? Was it an upcoming event you wanted to look your best for? Was it the fact that what you were putting in your mouth could literally be shortening your life? Did you want to do it for your significant other, a son or a daughter, or did you want to do it for YOU!?!?
Go take a long look in the mirror and figure out what you see? Do you see a person that is as healthy as possible or do you see a person that is leaning to temptations that are not healthy? Do you see a person IN CONTROL or do you see a person that is being controlled by cravings, emotions, and circumstances?
Now take a look deep into those eyes and see what is REALLY there! A person that wants to change. A person that deserves to change because you deserve to be the healthiest you can be. You deserve to lose the weight that you want to lose and begin doing some new things you've always wanted to do. Your loved ones deserve every single day you can give them and that means healthy choices and a major lifestyle change.
Now set a goal this very moment. What are you going to do today to get you one step closer?!? I say today you make the decision to change!!! Today you decide you DO deserve to live a healthy life. You DO deserve to make healthy choices and when you make those other choices - you're doing what your body does NOT deserve!!!
Tomorrow? You take the next step. Get rid of the "stuff" you KNOW you do not need in the house. You know - that special thing you reach for when you're upset, or tired, or bored, or feeling a little too lazy to fix something healthy. Next, you plan your menus according the the plan you're on, you start preparing the foods you deserve and you will feel the difference immediately!!!!! Yes, I said immediately! Because you will feel the power you have OVER those things you got rid of! You'll feel empowered every time you reach for the RIGHT thing! You'll know YOU are in control because your meals are planned! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
You need stories?!? Take a look here at Debster, Dan, Cassi, check out the archives on Julie Marie and Evette...
The bottom line is that NO can do this for you sweetie and NO ONE deserves it more!!!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #6  
-- Karen --

Wow Pearl....

wise words ..... I can see why the group loves you so much!

I am honored to get an opportunity to know you as well.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #7  
Happy New Rears!

Pearl, that was an awesome post

MayEMT, no one is going to do this for you, your success depends on you.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #8  
FBD/8-18-08

Thanks Karen! Back at ya!
I'm so glad to be back on this site and so far, no more problems with my 'puter!
Blessings!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanks

Thanks Pearl for an motivating post. I immediately copied it and will put it in a place I can read often. I have just come back to LAWL. Seems life got too hard to follow a diet. I will post another space for my story. Irene
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, Pearl. Thanks so much. Words that many of us needed to hear. Meaning me, lol.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #11  
MayEMT

Red face Wow...

Everyone, a really big THANKS for all your encourging words. It was just the right words I needed at the right time. I really truly appreciate it and will take it to heart. Its a new day and Im determined from this moment forward. Pearl, I went ahead and sprinkled some of that *Will Power Dust* on me and I really want to thank you and everyone else for yalls comments.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #12  
Cathleen

S/C/G: 203.6/197.5/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Default Thanks to all from a lurker

Hi ya'll...yes I'm from the south. I've been lurking on the boards reading your comments. I'm really struggling, too. Like many, I've struggled with my weight since childhood. I dropped 7 pounds within the first month of LAWL, but since then I've been bounding up and down on the same 5 pounds. I have sooo many temptations that I am succumbing to each weekend. I travel quite a bit, and this summer have had a chance to have some very fun weekend opportunities. For me, it's not just the food but my desire to incorporate more alcohol than I should. It's just so much harder these days to stay motivated. Today I'm kind of in the dumps again because I weigh 9 pounds more today than I did one week ago. I know that it's primarily fluid, but it still depresses me.

I do want to thank Pearl for her encouraging words. I like to encourage others, too, but today I needed the encouragement and this thread really helped me. I also recognize many of you from other posts and hope to get to know some you as well.

Last edited by cerwin4au; 07-05-2007 at 11:08 AM.
cerwin4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #13  
MayEMT

Talking Hi Ya

Howdy there. (yes im from the south too ) Im glad you lurked on over to this post. These amazing people have motivated me to continue in this daily battle. Stick with it girlfriend, we know the program works, we just have to keep truckin!!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #14  
-- Karen --

cerwin4au - welcome to the group. Its nice to meet you, and feel free to jump in anytime. Join in on the losers and friends threads - thats where we all seem to gather and chat about whats going on.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #15  
MayEMT

Smile oh btw pearl....

i did in fact make a change yesterday........i went to the groceries, bought all my right foods and stayed up cooking last night. my meals are planned and made for the week...i have no excuse...its game time!!