Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default help! hardcore exercisers- what plan are you on?

I am on the red plan w/lites and I exercise 5 plus hours a week. Running and interval weight training. My sister (she is the same size as me) just joined LAWL this week and they started her on the purple plan w/ no lites and no dairy. She has a gluten/ dairy allergy so the counselor just crossed out the lites and dairy circle in her book and said she would still get enough calories. She runs faster miles than me and exercises 6 plus hours a week. I told her to try to meet with the manager cause they have her on the wrong plan. It seems to me that purple with no lites and no dairy is less than 1,000 calories a day.

Is there anyone out there that is a hardcore exerciser doing a plan with no lites? Any advise would be great! My sis is kind of depressed cause I am eating a lot more calories than her and I am losing quickly. Tomorrow is her first day on plan so I thought I would seek her some help from this forum!
Thanks!
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

That definitely doesn't sound right to me. The counselors have a sheet that they're supposed to use to figure out plans, and if I remember correctly, it says in bold that anyone who exercises more than 5 hours per week should not drop below the red plan. They'll make exceptions when necessary, but still, purple w/o lites and dairy seems like a HUGE step down to me. I can't imagine she'll lose weight very quickly with so few calories!

I don't see why they can't put her on red w/o lites and dairy, or even red II. I would tell her to keep bugging her counselors about it, and if that doesn't work, to call the 1-800 number and speak to someone who knows what they're talking about!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Thanks for your reply! I thought it was wrong. My sis went and talked to the manager and she said it was absolutely the wrong plan and put her on red w/ no lites. The counselors apologized and were very cool about it.

There is a big change at my center and they seem to really have it together. They actually seem to know what they are talking about now. Hope it stays that way!
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #4  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I've been on Red w/ Lite since day 1. At one point I tried to convince COD that it was too much food. After favorite Counselor picked herself up the floor from laughing so hard, she told me it was not happening.

Even I find now on maintenance, that there are days I bust my chops and am still starving. Those are the days I let myself go over plan and it really has no major negative effect.

Bottom line is most COD's aren't used to having work-out junkies as clients. It seems ironic that I was working out 6 hours a week, on top of a job that calling active is an understatement yet needed a WL program.

Good luck to both of you, trust me the new eating habits make a major difference in energy levels.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote