Question about Pickles???

• Does anyone know why they say pickles are bad, if you buy the no sugar added? I asked at my center and they said they didn't know but that pickles of any kind were BAD.
  • It's the sodium. They are loaded with it. There is a recipe in the cookbook for pickles.
  • Yep, 100 mg in 1 oz. of the splenda sweet pickles. (I use them occasionally anyway!) I'm a bad girl... a very, very bad girl!
  • I'm at work but it seems like the store brand I bought didn't have that much sodium in it. I'll check tonight but my egg salad with the pickles and ff mayo was wonderful for lunch.......I'll drink more water this afternoon.

Thanks for the info about the pickle recipe
  • If you're only talking a tablespoon or so of chopped pickles in an egg salad here and there, I wouldn't worry about it much. The real danger is when you eat a few pickles from the jar regularly.
  • Yeah,

My mom used to say a pound a pickle, as that is how much water she would retain. I've subcumbed to the lure of the pickle a few times while on plan, and I think mom underestimated!