3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - July 2 - July 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/116667-lawl-losers-friends-july-2-july-8-a.html)

ElleofALady 07-02-2007 06:51 AM

LAWL Losers and Friends - July 2 - July 8

Happy Monday!!!

Amy- Thanks for asking about my POP goal for the day! I did make it...it was tough but I did it. When I think about it, I am like how can I let food get all in my head like this and this weekend I just didn't have answer. That's just how it is sometimes.

Joni- Our CG bill usually looks like a ticket for 4 adults. So, come on, we probably wouldn't notice you while we chowed down. ;) CG is one of our favorite restaurants.

Sarah- Great on making goal!!! You got your two piece ready for this summer, yet?

Karen- 20 lbs!!!! That's awesome!!! We all knew you could do it! Those 5 lbs will probably be gone before you can snap your fingers. KUTGW!!!

Jillian- MMMMMM Sushi and Vodka and Champagne....well, well, sounds like you had some fun this weekend. LOL! You working out so often should help with those liquid fruits and starches. I'll be joining you in the workouts because I have got to be down 50 lbs by mid August to reach my Feb goal weight without stressing out so much. Have a POP Day!

Dan- You sound so excited about going to the museum to see Billy the Kid...:D It sounds like you had more fun at the social event with Liz's co-workers. And, glad to hear your back is doing better.

Lettie- Congrats on getting back on track...Day 4! That's great. I hope you don't have to move, but a lot of times, there are great things in store for you, that you could never dream/imagine about if you are positioned to take the chance to receive it. I firmly believe in that. I hope you have a great day.

KrispieD-:(I hope your DH finds the ring. It sounds extra special. You sound like you are taking it in stride. I guess I would be a little upset if my DH would lose his, because, for one, if I lost mine, he would hit the roof. So, it would only be right for me to be mad at him. :D But secondly, if my DH was as nice looking as yours, I would have to beat the other ladies off with a stick. :D Seriously though, I hope he finds it. Get some rest, Lady. I know how it is to run a Motel 6 inside your home. Have a great day!

Liza- Glad Mini Me is doing good for the most part. You sound like you really love your job. How many people can say that??? I'm a SAHM and I know some days I surely don't "feel the love".:p Anyhoo, I was in San Diego, late April and it just seems like something disastrous was always happening in the surrounding areas. You have to stay busy in your market. How do you get your sleep in?

Brit- GL at WI today. I will wish myself the same.:)

As far as me, those two lbs I gained from Friday are gone(sodium gets you everytime)...however, I still have an extra 1 1/2 lbs that needs to go away. When I get Subway the next time, I will eat my sandwich open face. I really think the 2 pieces of bread had something to do with my gain, as well as the small cheats on Sat. afternoon. My starches were light all week plus I did a TO, so maybe??? I don't know. Maybe, after I work out this morning and have a "release", I will see a change. Note to self: Work on scale addiction. I'm obsessed with my weight. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
My eating plan for today: POP with the lightest starches and proteins possible, because Lord help me when I get to CG, tonight!!! The saga continues...HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!

Joni135 07-02-2007 07:17 AM

Morning Letisha.....and happy birthday to your DH!
A true miracle happened this past weekend...I actually lost some weight! Girls and guy...it can happen!!! Even on a weekend. I'm off to the gym...

bayoubelle68 07-02-2007 08:49 AM

Good morning, all! We had an AWESOME weekend! My best friend from high school came to visit with her family. I hadn't seen her in eight years, so it was a wonderful visit. They wanted to meet us for lunch and, knowing that we're dieting and doing well, she told us to choose a restaurant least likely to sabatoge our diet. We chose Chinese because the restaurant has a great Mongolian grill. This is the restaurant that we used to go to EVERY Sunday after church, but we haven't been in since starting LAWL. DH and I both did really well. I loaded up my bowl with cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, chicken, and shrimp and once it was cooked, I hit it with a little bit of soy sauce. It was really good - not the same as my beloved Tiny Spicy Chicken, but still good.

After lunch, we took them to see our new house and then we came back here to visit for several hours. It was just great. The kids got along great (their DD is 11, our DS is 6 and DD is 3) and had a ball playing in the backyard. I was relieved to see that I would make good choices even when tempted by food that I really love.

Here's a link to pictures of our new home:
http://www.rapides.k12.la.us/cheroke...r_new_home.htm

bizlawchik 07-02-2007 09:12 AM

Good morning. I have so much to catch up on and not nearly any time this morning. My boss is back in town and I am loaded with over 30 e-mails from him to sort through. But I will be back in a bit.

On the plus side, I did well maintaining throughout Saturday. Sunday was a different story. I don't know what the heck happened, but we went to the in-laws for FIL's b-day. They had crappy appetizers that I don't even like (chips w/dip, ritz crackers w/a cheese ball), but for some reason it's like I forgot about LAWL and just munched junk. ARGH!!!! At least I thought enough ahead of time to bring myself veggie burgers on a pita instead of the sausages they were grilling. But once I walked in there it was like I forgot I was trying to lose weight. WTF??? So I am up this morning. And drinking lots of water. And getting my act back together so that I can still have a good net loss this week.

I'll check back soon - maybe even w/some personals.

KrispieD 07-02-2007 09:28 AM

Cassi I believe there was some government testing going on yesterday that resulted in unknown toxins being sprayed in the air that when absorbed by the skin immediately impacted the part of your brain that operates the LAWL, POP and good choices commmand centre resulting in a loss of intelligence indirectly leading to poor food choices, overindulgence and self sabotage.
That is the only reason I can explain why I had a sausage and a half on a bun and some brie yesterday..

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

bizlawchik 07-02-2007 09:31 AM

Kristen - As always, you make me feel better. You rock! Glad to have you back after the British Invasion.

emmysmom 07-02-2007 10:21 AM

Wendy - I take Wellbutrin, too. I also started it taking it about 9 years ago to quit smoking. I went on Celexa after my DD was born. I tried to go off of them and do it on my own, but then decided to take the Wellbutrin again. You're right, the side effects are minimal. I get the same was a you...more moody and mean than depressed. My tolerence level was zero. But life is better now:)

Dan - You look amazing!

Felicia - I'm glad to see that your weightloss has picked up...keep it up, girlie!!!

Great loss, Cassie...that's awesome!!!

Welcome back, Pearl!!! I'm not sure if you remember me cuz I was here then gone for about 6 months...then came back in April. Great to see you!

Karen - Awesome job on the 20 pounds!! Woohoo!!!

Liza - your pedicure story made me cringe...ouch!

Kristen - I'm praying for your ring, too...let us know when (not if) you find it:)

Felicia - Your new home is gorgeous! I'll bet you are so excited to move in!

Okay...I think I'm pretty much caught up from Friday. If I missed anyone, I apologize...after about 8 pages, I had to start skimming through...chatty weekend, huh?

slim n trim 07-02-2007 10:22 AM

Good Morning All,

hope that my Canadian friends all survived the Canada Day holiday without to much over indulgence. We bbq burgers last night (the bun was my only cheat all day) so I stepped on the scale this morning praying that I had not put that damned pound back on ..... and woo hoo - I didn't. So my 20 lb loss is still good. I am so excited. This is motivating me to stick to it to lose this final 5. Actually to be honest I have never stuck to a plan for this long before. I used to lose a few pounds, and then fall back into my old habits and before I knew it, the 10 lbs lost found there way home again. So, I am pleased with myself that I am sticking this out.

Actually yesterday when we went to the beach, someone asked me how much weight I had lost. They thought I looked like I had lost more like 30 lbs and told me its time to stop.

Felicia - your house looks lovely. I love the front door. I am always falling in love with the big old wooden doors. We don't have a door like that. DH feels it would not last here in the prairies because its so dry. But I think a front door like that is just beautiful and so warm and welcoming. Congrats.

Kristen - are you feeling our good luck vibes with finding that ring? The power this group has is amazing. I am sure it will turn up. Just a few weeks ago this group was able to deteer a tornado away from I think it was Steph, with all our concern and positive thoughts.

Okay, gotta go and get some stuff done, maybe get a workout in. I'll be back later.

Joni135 07-02-2007 10:23 AM

Felicia - your new home is beautiful....even the paint colors on the walls are just my style....and the kitchen is so pretty....love the backsplash tile! Are you the one that puts your pictures in Publisher and then does a jpeg file? How do you get such nice photo collages done like that. I need to take some classes or practice more with my pictures.

Cassi - for the Finish Challenge, I'll just use the number you gave me last Friday, okay?

Kristen - ring status?

Edited to say hi to Tina and Karen...we were all posting at the same time.

Gotta go..lots of work and stuff to do today.

bayoubelle68 07-02-2007 10:35 AM

Tina - Thanks! I can't wait to move in!

Karen - thanks - I love the front door, too. I'm already picturing it with Christmas garland around it! I also love the two big posts outside. There's a matching one inside. All three came from an old sugar mill and were hand cut 150 years ago! The wood on the door frames in the living room came from the same place as did the wood planks over the outside windows. I just love things that have a story!

Joni - thanks! I love the colors, too. Yes, I do collages in Publisher, but the one with my house photos is just a webpage done in Front Page and temporarily added to my (shhhh!) class website.

Dan2112 07-02-2007 10:45 AM

Mornin' ladies... Where the **** are the guys??!!

I decided to do a TO today and tomorrow, as I enter this final stretch toward goal... Since we don't have any major plans for the 4th, I don't think I'll be tempted too much on the holiday.. Besides, I'll be more into the fireworks aspect of the day...

I don't know.. Maybe I'll smoke that brisket in the freezer...

Joni, congrats on the loss.. Yes, it CAN happen...

Karen - Isn't that a cool feeling? My mom, the person who has always been down on me because of my weight, actually wondered if I shouldn't stop losing weight.

Felicia - Good job at the Chinese place.. Buffets are always tough, but there are ways to make it through, and places that grill the stuff for you are the best!

Cassi - We all have days like that! Go forth and munch no more!

Talk to y'all later!

On edit: OH! I forgot.. Rumor has it that LAWL is going to be starting up again in New Mexico.. I wonder if they will honor old client's contracts?? Probably not, but if they want some good word of mouth, they'll do it!! Stay tuned.. May have only been a rumor, but we'll see....

Repo girl 07-02-2007 10:53 AM

Morning all! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. My grandpa's funeral was on Friday. It was nice, I guess. Very difficult, to tell the truth. My sisters and I sang a song called "I Believe". That turned out very nice. It was a relief to get the funeral and burial over with. I guess I still have some lingering sadness to cope with. After the funeral, we decided to go camping, so I spent the whole day Saturday cleaning, shopping, and packing. We are camped along the Teton River, about 10 minutes from my house. Since we are so close, DH and I are coming back into town to go to work today and tomorrow, then back out to the the river after we get off. The rest of my family is off work, so my kids are staying at camp with them while we work.

Pearl- Thrilled to see you back!

Felicia- Your new home is beautiful.

Joni- Way to lose over a weekend, you are amazing!

Cassie- No worries, you will get your groove back!

Repo girl 07-02-2007 10:55 AM

Wow, Dan, love the side by sides. You are a huge inspiration!

emmysmom 07-02-2007 10:57 AM

Katie - I'm glad that you made it through the funeral...now the healing process can begin. :hug:

Dan - Out of my own curiosity, I went to the laweightloss website and typed in a zip code from NM, and some centers came up! Maybe that's a good sign...I'm crossing my fingers for you and Liz.

Snowdogs 07-02-2007 11:01 AM

Morning Gals & Guy :-)

Well my weight came off last week (that I gained over a weekend). It was all gone Saturday morn, then this morn. 2 was back. I'm not going to worry about that though.

Something new for me - I found out that my cousin is a dietitian - so I picked his brain and he's given me a meal plan & a little exercise plan. I'm going to give this a whirl for a few months - and see what happens. I hope I'm still welcome on the board though- ya'll are great motivation.

Dan - AMAZING PICS !!!! You must be very proud of yourself! Congrats on the loss so far and best of luck on the rest, I know you can do it !

Felicia - your house is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Everyone else - not sure how ya'll remember who said & did what - I can normally remember 1 or two. But anyways - Here's to a good week !

Kimphin 07-02-2007 11:15 AM

Hi everyone - I am officially gall bladder-less.

The surgery was OK, (I guess!) but the surgeon got called into emergency about 1 minute before I was supposed to go in, so I was put on hold for another 1.5 hours. I was literally the last person in the recovery room. Got out around 7PM. Friday night was painful, but each day has gotten better. I almost feel human today. Two of the four 'holes' in my abdomen have been cooperative, the other two not so much, but I think that they are giving up today and will now behave.

Anyway - I now have to go back and catch up on the goings-on for the past week!

Happy POP monday friends!

slim n trim 07-02-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1756437)
Karen - Isn't that a cool feeling? My mom, the person who has always been down on me because of my weight, actually wondered if I shouldn't stop losing weight.....

Dan .... your right it is an awesome feeling! I also love the feeling of pulling out cothes from last summer that I haven't worn yet, and they are way to big! That is also an awesome feeling. Guess I have to go shopping!

Felicia, I can see your door with the Christmas garland as well - beautiful. The paint colors are very similar to the colors in my house. I love the earth tones, and rusts. So warm and cozy feeling. Your home is gonna be gorgeous all decorated.

Letisha,
Quote:

Karen- 20 lbs!!!! That's awesome!!! We all knew you could do it! Those 5 lbs will probably be gone before you can snap your fingers. KUTGW!!!
Thanks for the cheer! At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I can't figure out what KUTGW stands for - sorry.:dizzy:

Oh yeah, and Hi Joni :wave:

Katie, glad the funeral is over and you are doing okay. Were all here for you if you need us. :hug:

Kim - glad to see you back, we have been concerned about you. Hope you are feeling better soon! I am sure you are anxious to get back on the golf course.

emmysmom 07-02-2007 11:25 AM

Glad your surgery went well, Kim. Good to have you back...

MomOfThreeTeens 07-02-2007 11:27 AM

Kim-Glad you're doing ok with your recovery!

Kristen-Sorry to hear about the lost ring :-(. Hope you find it.

Pearl is back??? Woooo hooooo welcome back Pearl, you were missed!

I have NO idea what else went on over the weekend. I'll never get caught up! LOL To all who had losses congrats, to all who are struggling, hang in there, we can do this!

I went to the Dr. Friday for my 6 week check up, first time I had seen him since the surgery. He kept saying WOW, I'm amazed and I did the surgery! LOL Made me feel great! I cant believe its been 6 weeks already. I'm still doing weight loss instead of stabilization until I get the munchies back under control, ughhh!!

Hope everybody has a great week and survives the 4th. We have a huge family reunion at my uncles house at the lake. Supposed to be a whopping 94 Wednesday. Maybe I'll stay in the water and away from the table! LOL

Dan2112 07-02-2007 11:34 AM

To our two Kims - 1. Glad the surgery went well and here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!! 2. You know it's a good sign when your own doctor is amazed at his work.. Or maybe it's not such a good sign for his other patients... :lol:

Karen - Yeah.. The shopping can be a good thing... And for me, a guy, to now enjoy shopping, it's a miracle.. I'm also now able to wear some shirts I haven't worn since college (sometimes you just can't let go of somethings) and that was 15+ years ago!

Prazteam 07-02-2007 11:38 AM

Hi all!
Trying to catch up and hopefully keep up! Lots of new faces and that's always exciting!

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I told Cassi that true friends are the ones that let you come back home even after you move from the neighborhood! :grouphug:

I'll post a separate thread for the "followup" to TO. It seems to really work for dh and I. Although I'll admit, I did gain a little back but it was my own fault for bad choices.

Loved seeing so many of my old friends still here (Hmmmm, I guess I should have been sorry they were still here.... okay, now I'm an emotional mess! Am I supposed to be glad you're here or not?!?) :lol3:

Joni - My dear friend, glad you had a miraculous weekend! I think you deserved it just for all the pms you've sent me that I couldn't even read!

Katie - love the new avatar (at least new to me) Sorry to hear about your GF. Take time to mourn the loss and dwell on the wonderful memories of his life and how rich your life has been because of him. Soon those memories will bring comfort instead of pain! :hug:

Kristen - I know I'm coming in on the tail end of the ring loss thing, (and I absolutely understand the sentimental attachment!) but I'm getting this gutt feeling that perhaps along with your vow renewal which is a time of new beginnings, that a new ring might have some sort of purpose?!? Maybe an outer symbol of the past being the past and of a new, fresh, future full of hope and excitement. I don't know.... it just seems like as soon as I read your post and prayed about it for you, it got that.
Hope I didn't step out of bounds on that one... I know I've been gone for a while. So if I offended you, I repent. I'm still praying for you to find it, I promise!!! :)

Okay, I gotta go make dh an omelette and send him off to work.
Blessings,
Pearl

Repo girl 07-02-2007 11:48 AM

Kim- Glad to hear that the gall bladder divorce went smoothly. Hope that you keep getting better everyday!

Repo girl 07-02-2007 11:53 AM

Oh, Pearl, thank you. How great that your DH has done so well.

Kimphin 07-02-2007 11:53 AM

OK - I am starting fresh with this week.

Felicia- love, love the new house. While I don't envy you having to pack up your life and move it, I know that you will make it a home in no time flat!!!

Letisha - Good for you getting rid of the friday hangers-on. Good luck with making some good choices tonight.

Kristen - I hope DH finds his ring. I love that you melted down sentimental things to make them. If he can't find it, maybe you can melt down yours and re-design two new ones. I know it won't be the same, but it could signify the next stage in your lives.

Joni - WTG on the weekend loss. See what a 6 mile walk will do?

Dan - thanks for the well- wishes. and the side-be side photo is amazing. A total makeover!

Katie - I totally missed the fact that your grandpa died. I hope that you and your sisters are able to cheer each other up.

Karen - congrats on hitting 20#! I am totally dying to play golf - I am hoping that I can by Saturday.

Pearl - sigh. what can I say. I have warm fuzzies.

My Mom and sis just called and they are coming over... so, gotta go! (and quickly pick up the house! LOL)

brittyboo07 07-02-2007 11:54 AM

Morning everyone!!!!

Well the vacation did not do me in!!!! I went to WI this morning and was down 3.2 from my last loss at the center for a total of 6.2 loss since I started back 2 weeks ago. I will certainly take that :carrot:

I did not eat or drink anything before WI but had my breakfast and water in the car for the ride home lol. So far I am POP today. I did not really exercise last week other than some swimming but plan to get back to that today as well. So all in all I am very pleased and I wanted to be down 10 lbs but I knew that was kind of unrealistic but I was close! I would have settled for 5lbs lol. I am at work and my desk looks a mess a total mess. So as soon as I finish this I will be cleaning it off and then getting to some work before lunch.

Letisha: TY and I hope your WI goes well!!!

Joni: WTG on being down over the weekend.

Felicia: Sounds like you had a good weekend and great choices at the Chinese place. I LOVE your new house!!!! That front door is to die for!!! When do you get to move in?

Cassie: Good job on Saturday!! You will have that sunday gain off in no time!!

Kristen: HAHA!! I like your theory!!!

Karen: sounds like you had a good holiday! Congrats on keeping those 20lbs off!!!:carrot:

Dan: Good Luck on TO!!!!!!:cheers:

Katie: Thoughts and prayers are with you. Enjoy your family time.

Snowdogs: love the attitude about the little gain it will be gone soon!

Kim(NY): glad everything went well!!!

Kim(TN): glad the checkup went well. GL at the lake!!!! Hey what part of TN are you in again? I think I have asked you this before lol but i forget :dizzy:

Ok I am off to work on this crazy desk of mine check in later......

Mama Nicole 07-02-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrispieD (Post 1755354)
One bad bit of news is that in the craziness of everyone here on Saturday last week for the after rewedding party and then them all back on Sunday.. somehow DH has lost his wedding ring.
Kristen

Kristen........my DH did the same darn thing, but after our original ceremony. I was like 7 months pregnant with 4 yo DS, and he left me home in the hot hot hot weather and went tubing with his friends (whith my blessing), and lost his ring in the bottom of the lake. I was crazy with hormones, and when he told me, I burst out laughing. We bought a new one. Just a plain one :) His original had diamonds and all that jazz.......lol.

Pearl.....what can I say......this board is now complete. I posted to you on Joni's "Pearl's back," thread....but just wanted to say how happy I am that you are back :) Joni is the missing persons investigator.......and I am the missing persons worrier :)

Kim........glad your divorce went smooth :) I hope you are golfing by the end of the week :)

Hello to everyone else......I am trying to pack to leave for Wisconsin today. What a true test to my POPness. I was good all weekend, and probably would have seen a loss had I not eaten a pickle yesterday.......lol. I am sure I will have a decent loss by friday and begin winning the challenge to the finish challenge. Look out.

My sis left yesteday to go back to Wisconsin with 4 of my kids, and hit a deer. Everyone is ok, but her car is messed up bad. I think we are going to rent a car for her, and we will all be leaving tonight. I was so sick to my stomach last night waiting for DH to get back with all of them, that I thought for sure I would have had a loss this morning......lol.....but NOT. The kids did really well, but 4 yo DS was terrified.........not because of the crash......but because he was sure that the animals in the forest would be mad at them for killing a deer, and come out of the woods and get them..........

anyway......i must go finish (or start) packing now.......but I will try to check back before we go.
XOXO

Mama Nicole 07-02-2007 02:06 PM

Oh, and congrats, Britt..........that is awesome :)

Repo girl 07-02-2007 02:17 PM

Nicole- How scary! I am so glad that they are all okay. Thank goodness that the evil deer gods did not unleash their wrath upon your sis and kids!

Britt- Good losses, great job!

Kimphin- Thanks. My younger sister Kara's baby is due in 4 weeks, and she is just so ready she could pop. I think that bringing a new life into the family is just what we need right now. Have I mentioned that I get to be there when the baby is born? I am the official camera lady. How exciting is that?

emmysmom 07-02-2007 02:24 PM

That is soooo cool, Katie. I've never seen a real life birth up close and personal.

Nicole - I'm glad that your sis and family are okay.

amylou7777 07-02-2007 02:30 PM

Hello everyone! Sounds like you all are doing great!

I just got back from my morning W/I and am down another 3 pounds! I am so thrilled. I was hoping to be close to 20 by my bday on 7/7 so this just motivates me to keep going. I did pretty good this weekend...lots of lean protein and lots of water! We didn't eat out at all so that really helped.

Letisha- great job girl!! I'm gonna have to check out that fitTV

Felicia- LOVE the new house. The colors and details are what really make it so homey even with nothing in it! It will be such a great feeling to start fresh and get to decorate (my favorite!)

Britt- way to go with the loss! Sometimes even non POP but OP days still give you great results. That's awesome!

Kim- so glad everything went smoothly! Sounds like it was a long day...i hope you have a speedy recovery!

Pearl- I can tell already why you were missed---you give such inspirational words!

Katie- glad you made it through the funeral ok. only time can heal the wounds now.

Nicole- good luck in WI with your family!!

brittyboo07 07-02-2007 02:44 PM

Nicole: glad that everyone is ok and have fun on your trip!!!!

Amy: congrats on your 3 lbs!!!! That is awesome!!!! You might reach your 20 lb goal but if not hey you are really close!!!!

Mama Nicole 07-02-2007 02:47 PM

Is it just me, or is it like a ghost town here today????

JLem311 07-02-2007 03:00 PM

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. work was crazy. normally mondays are the slowest day of the week. but lately they have been nothing but insane.
so...i got on the scale this morning after my weekend of drinking..again..and i've actually managed to maintain! wow. i was shocked to say the least. so now that i've gotten that out of my system, my focus is back and hopefully i'll lose another 5lbs before my trip again to SD.

off to workout. gonna pop in a dvd this week, since i've been doing the elliptical over and over and over again for months. :)

later!

pjbeau 07-02-2007 03:10 PM

Well, I had a brain fart, I posted this earlier...on the wrong thread.

Good morning!

I've been lurking for a couple days, but I didn't take good notes, so I won't even try to do personals.

I guess I'm gonna do this one pound at a time, as I was down 1 lb again at this week's WI. It's something so I'm good, not happy...but good.

We are going camping with the family for five days on Wed. I'm going to try really hard to stay OP, and I'm definitely going to do some hiking and riding my bike. Maybe next Monday's WI will be better.

Have a great day everyone!

hollyak24 07-02-2007 03:11 PM

Letisha-good on you staying POP!

Joni – a loss on a weekend? It is a miracle:) You must be proud.

Felicia – good for you making good choices in the face of temptation. Congrats on the beautiful house!

Cassi – you will be pop and back where you should be. Tell yourself what you would tell us, do not beat yourself up.

Kristen – can you predict those toxins ahead of time or can we only find out after the fact? :)

Tina – “life is better now”, I’m glad for you.

Karen – Congrats on the compliment – how nice for you to hear.

Dan – your photos are amazing. Keep us posted on the LAWL in NM status.

Katie – glad you have the services behind you. Camping and working? Amazing!

Snowdogs – it always helps to have extra resources! Great news about your cousin.

Kim/Kimphin – god to have you back. Looking forward to hearing you’re feeling totally human. Good luck on the ring. It has to be somewhere.

Kim/momofthreeteens – Glad recovery is going so well. That is something to amaze your own surgeon.

Pearl – good to meet you. Today starts my second week. Sounds like I’ll learn a lot from you.

Britt – you lost on vacation? I am in awe.

Nicole – so glad everyone is ok. Isn’t it interesting what kids worry about?

Amy – 3 pounds? That is a giant loss (to me anyway). Good work!

Well, unofficially I am down 3.2 lbs since starting last Monday. I know it is not a huge first week loss, but I am happy with it. I go tomorrow to get my official weigh in. I’ll have to go after work as I have a waxing appointment during lunch tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone for the holiday week. I am hosting a cook out and birthday party for dh so I’ll do my best.

healthy2b 07-02-2007 03:13 PM

:wave:Hi All.....I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.....

I had a relitively quiet weekend....didn't eat enough food this weekend so I was afraid that the scale wasn't going to be friendly to me this morning at WI....but to my surprise I was down 1.8 lbs. I seem to see a pattern here...down on Mondays and back where I started on Friday minus a couple of tenths. I'm really going to try hard so I can give everyone in the Finish Challenge a run for their money. :D

Joni - my scale was down this morning also...Don't you just love those Monday mornings when that happens!

Felicia - Love the new house - glad you had a good visit with your high school friend.

Karen - WHOOOO HOOOO 20 lbs!!!!!

Kristen - I hope DH finds his ring

Cassie - No worries....you'll be back on track today.........

Katie - enjoy your family and camping....

Snowdogs - good luck with the new plan ....if you have great success you may just have to do a little sharing with us;)

Kimphin - so glad your surgery went well and your on the road to recovery!

Britt - congrats on the 3.2 loss

Nicole - sorry to hear about the accident....been there, done that and it can be really scarey. Ya'll be careful on your trip and have fun.

Hi to all that I missed....here's to a POP week!

lizababe 07-02-2007 04:18 PM

Hi everyone!

Just one hour till WI! Looks like I'm only down 1 lb according to my scale since last week. I know I'm retaining water with this heat because my feet have been swollen all weekend (not just because of the rogue pedicure either) so we'll see what COD's scale says.

I laughed last night when my friend was talking about her 4th party that I am being roped into. She was started listing all of the things she's making and I was saying I won't be having that, or that, or that, or that. Her boyfriend laughed at me and said we can sit in the corner with the dogs. He's a recovering addict and alcoholic and it's hard for him to be around the heavy drinking but he manages. So no drinking for him, no bad eating for me. I imagine we'll be taking a lot of walks to resist temptation.

I'm still getting used to not having Mini-Me here. It's hard to sleep because I'm used to having that other person in the house. Even the pets are out of sorts and fidgeting all night. They're all getting shaved in between shifts today with the new clippers I bought. See I have an exciting job, but my life outside of that is pretty boring. I look forward to things like shaving animals.

Onto some of the personals

Katie - I'm glad you made it through the funeral so well. I was thinking about you. How exciting to be there for your sisters baby!

Carrie - you've been quiet lately! Good job on the loss!

In fact, good job to everyone on the losses and staying POP!

Nicole - good luck on your trip!

Kim - glad to hear your parting ceremony with the gallbladder went well and your recovery is good.

Kim II - Your surgeon is right, he did a beautiful job on your tummy. Has it changed how you wear clothes? I haven't worn anything tucked in, even when thin since 1988. I want a tuck so bad so I can tuck my clothes in!

Holly - Good job on the 3.2 loss! That is a great loss for a first week!

I wasn't POP on Saturday but was yesterday and am still on track today. I'll keep it up... I didn't feel that great when I went off plan on Saturday. Now it's time to get going and get ready for WI and more work. Gotta wash all of this dog and cat hair off of me....

brittyboo07 07-02-2007 04:23 PM

Holly yes I did lose over my vacation but I was really motivated before I left to stay OP because I had such a great week my first week back. I even tried to find a COD where I was on vacation but the closest one was like over an hour away. I made sure I had my water towards the end of the vacation I was not getting all my water in but was getting some. The bad thing is I leave sunday for Vegas and I am crossing my fingers for another really good week this week to keep me motivated for next week. I am not sure how well I will be able to control the food because I am staying with a friend and her family and well she asked me if I liked Thai food so i will get to try some new things I guess lol.

Ok I need to go cruise the recipes and find something for dinner ill be back!!!!

Snowdogs 07-02-2007 04:55 PM

Lizababe - what breed of dogs do you have again?
I'm a groomer (PT) and I always giggle when people say they have dog hair all over. :-) And then I cringe when people say they need to shave their dogs - people with Labs & Goldens often get the crazy idea of shaving their dogs and it actually doesn't reduce shedding.
I have 2 Alaskan Malamutes - I bathed them on Saturday - you should see the PILE of hair I brushed out of 1 of them LOL. I could have made a small dog with it.

Good luck at the Party, I know you can make smart decisions :-)

lizababe 07-02-2007 05:07 PM

Snowdogs - beautiful furbabies you have! My dog is an Australian Shepherd. Don't worry, he wasn't entirely shaved. I just did his bottom and underbelly where he gets poop stuck. I took him to a groomer last summer. He broke one girls nose and left a nice scar under the guys eye. This, after I warned them not to try to kiss him no matter how tempting. He doesn't like strangers in his face. He didn't bite, he headbutted them both. He won't do things like that to me so I decided to take care of it from myself from thereon. I take the undercoat rake to him about once a month and could open a shelter and create a new line of aussies from the piles of hair!

The one that DOES need to be shaved is the cat. He's a siamese/main coon mix and has very very thick and fine hair that mats up within minutes of being brushed when it's hot. He's been shaved every summer since he was 3 (he's 10 now) and just loves it. He purrs and rolls over at the correct times. The groomer actually just loves him. She's never had to put a restraint on him. usually we just do a cocker cut and he looks so cute. A couple of times he's gotten an over zealous groomer who gave him a lion cut. When he gets that one he just stares at me like "why?"

Ok really gotta get running. I'm late for WI/work