Old 07-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #31  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Nicole: glad that everyone is ok and have fun on your trip!!!!

Amy: congrats on your 3 lbs!!!! That is awesome!!!! You might reach your 20 lb goal but if not hey you are really close!!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #32  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Is it just me, or is it like a ghost town here today????
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #33  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. work was crazy. normally mondays are the slowest day of the week. but lately they have been nothing but insane.
so...i got on the scale this morning after my weekend of drinking..again..and i've actually managed to maintain! wow. i was shocked to say the least. so now that i've gotten that out of my system, my focus is back and hopefully i'll lose another 5lbs before my trip again to SD.

off to workout. gonna pop in a dvd this week, since i've been doing the elliptical over and over and over again for months.

later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #34  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Well, I had a brain fart, I posted this earlier...on the wrong thread.

Good morning!

I've been lurking for a couple days, but I didn't take good notes, so I won't even try to do personals.

I guess I'm gonna do this one pound at a time, as I was down 1 lb again at this week's WI. It's something so I'm good, not happy...but good.

We are going camping with the family for five days on Wed. I'm going to try really hard to stay OP, and I'm definitely going to do some hiking and riding my bike. Maybe next Monday's WI will be better.

Have a great day everyone!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #35  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Letisha-good on you staying POP!

Joni – a loss on a weekend? It is a miracle You must be proud.

Felicia – good for you making good choices in the face of temptation. Congrats on the beautiful house!

Cassi – you will be pop and back where you should be. Tell yourself what you would tell us, do not beat yourself up.

Kristen – can you predict those toxins ahead of time or can we only find out after the fact?

Tina – “life is better now”, I’m glad for you.

Karen – Congrats on the compliment – how nice for you to hear.

Dan – your photos are amazing. Keep us posted on the LAWL in NM status.

Katie – glad you have the services behind you. Camping and working? Amazing!

Snowdogs – it always helps to have extra resources! Great news about your cousin.

Kim/Kimphin – god to have you back. Looking forward to hearing you’re feeling totally human. Good luck on the ring. It has to be somewhere.

Kim/momofthreeteens – Glad recovery is going so well. That is something to amaze your own surgeon.

Pearl – good to meet you. Today starts my second week. Sounds like I’ll learn a lot from you.

Britt – you lost on vacation? I am in awe.

Nicole – so glad everyone is ok. Isn’t it interesting what kids worry about?

Amy – 3 pounds? That is a giant loss (to me anyway). Good work!

Well, unofficially I am down 3.2 lbs since starting last Monday. I know it is not a huge first week loss, but I am happy with it. I go tomorrow to get my official weigh in. I’ll have to go after work as I have a waxing appointment during lunch tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone for the holiday week. I am hosting a cook out and birthday party for dh so I’ll do my best.
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #36  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi All.....I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.....

I had a relitively quiet weekend....didn't eat enough food this weekend so I was afraid that the scale wasn't going to be friendly to me this morning at WI....but to my surprise I was down 1.8 lbs. I seem to see a pattern here...down on Mondays and back where I started on Friday minus a couple of tenths. I'm really going to try hard so I can give everyone in the Finish Challenge a run for their money.

Joni - my scale was down this morning also...Don't you just love those Monday mornings when that happens!

Felicia - Love the new house - glad you had a good visit with your high school friend.

Karen - WHOOOO HOOOO 20 lbs!!!!!

Kristen - I hope DH finds his ring

Cassie - No worries....you'll be back on track today.........

Katie - enjoy your family and camping....

Snowdogs - good luck with the new plan ....if you have great success you may just have to do a little sharing with us

Kimphin - so glad your surgery went well and your on the road to recovery!

Britt - congrats on the 3.2 loss

Nicole - sorry to hear about the accident....been there, done that and it can be really scarey. Ya'll be careful on your trip and have fun.

Hi to all that I missed....here's to a POP week!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #37  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

Just one hour till WI! Looks like I'm only down 1 lb according to my scale since last week. I know I'm retaining water with this heat because my feet have been swollen all weekend (not just because of the rogue pedicure either) so we'll see what COD's scale says.

I laughed last night when my friend was talking about her 4th party that I am being roped into. She was started listing all of the things she's making and I was saying I won't be having that, or that, or that, or that. Her boyfriend laughed at me and said we can sit in the corner with the dogs. He's a recovering addict and alcoholic and it's hard for him to be around the heavy drinking but he manages. So no drinking for him, no bad eating for me. I imagine we'll be taking a lot of walks to resist temptation.

I'm still getting used to not having Mini-Me here. It's hard to sleep because I'm used to having that other person in the house. Even the pets are out of sorts and fidgeting all night. They're all getting shaved in between shifts today with the new clippers I bought. See I have an exciting job, but my life outside of that is pretty boring. I look forward to things like shaving animals.

Onto some of the personals

Katie - I'm glad you made it through the funeral so well. I was thinking about you. How exciting to be there for your sisters baby!

Carrie - you've been quiet lately! Good job on the loss!

In fact, good job to everyone on the losses and staying POP!

Nicole - good luck on your trip!

Kim - glad to hear your parting ceremony with the gallbladder went well and your recovery is good.

Kim II - Your surgeon is right, he did a beautiful job on your tummy. Has it changed how you wear clothes? I haven't worn anything tucked in, even when thin since 1988. I want a tuck so bad so I can tuck my clothes in!

Holly - Good job on the 3.2 loss! That is a great loss for a first week!

I wasn't POP on Saturday but was yesterday and am still on track today. I'll keep it up... I didn't feel that great when I went off plan on Saturday. Now it's time to get going and get ready for WI and more work. Gotta wash all of this dog and cat hair off of me....
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #38  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Holly yes I did lose over my vacation but I was really motivated before I left to stay OP because I had such a great week my first week back. I even tried to find a COD where I was on vacation but the closest one was like over an hour away. I made sure I had my water towards the end of the vacation I was not getting all my water in but was getting some. The bad thing is I leave sunday for Vegas and I am crossing my fingers for another really good week this week to keep me motivated for next week. I am not sure how well I will be able to control the food because I am staying with a friend and her family and well she asked me if I liked Thai food so i will get to try some new things I guess lol.

Ok I need to go cruise the recipes and find something for dinner ill be back!!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #39  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Lizababe - what breed of dogs do you have again?
I'm a groomer (PT) and I always giggle when people say they have dog hair all over. :-) And then I cringe when people say they need to shave their dogs - people with Labs & Goldens often get the crazy idea of shaving their dogs and it actually doesn't reduce shedding.
I have 2 Alaskan Malamutes - I bathed them on Saturday - you should see the PILE of hair I brushed out of 1 of them LOL. I could have made a small dog with it.

Good luck at the Party, I know you can make smart decisions :-)
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #40  

Snowdogs - beautiful furbabies you have! My dog is an Australian Shepherd. Don't worry, he wasn't entirely shaved. I just did his bottom and underbelly where he gets poop stuck. I took him to a groomer last summer. He broke one girls nose and left a nice scar under the guys eye. This, after I warned them not to try to kiss him no matter how tempting. He doesn't like strangers in his face. He didn't bite, he headbutted them both. He won't do things like that to me so I decided to take care of it from myself from thereon. I take the undercoat rake to him about once a month and could open a shelter and create a new line of aussies from the piles of hair!

The one that DOES need to be shaved is the cat. He's a siamese/main coon mix and has very very thick and fine hair that mats up within minutes of being brushed when it's hot. He's been shaved every summer since he was 3 (he's 10 now) and just loves it. He purrs and rolls over at the correct times. The groomer actually just loves him. She's never had to put a restraint on him. usually we just do a cocker cut and he looks so cute. A couple of times he's gotten an over zealous groomer who gave him a lion cut. When he gets that one he just stares at me like "why?"

Ok really gotta get running. I'm late for WI/work
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #41  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

LOL about the cat :-) Maine Coons are awesome looking cats.
We have the 2 Mals and 1 GSP and 3 DSH cats.

I like Aussies- you're right they look sweet & kissable :-) Heck, who does like strangers in their face :-)

Did you know you can save that hair and send it away to be spun into yarn & made into things like hats & scarfs etc? Cool huh ! I haven't done it yet but some of the Mal rescues do that for fundraisers.

Thanks for the nice comments about my kids!
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

I went to WI on Saturday and was officially put on Maintenance!

The food diary is OPTIONAL on maitenance! Yay! I have written down what I ate for about the last 10 months. I'm ready for a break from it.

They want you to cut down to one LA light a day. Which surprised me after they had such a high pressured sales pitch to buy them for your whole year of maintenance. Of course, If you want you can stick with the portions in your original weight loss plan and keep your bar...

Also only once a week weigh in's...

Felicia, Love the house. Love the tile in the kitchen and the light fixtures. My daughter's name is Elizabeth too. I called her Beth when she was really young, so of course as soon as she got to middle school she nixed that and wanted to be Lizzy, which with our last name of Bohringer, she ended up being called Lizzy Borden... and then I was Lizzy Borden's mom

Kristin, Hope the ring shows up. I prayed you'd find it too.

Karen, 20 Pounds!! Way to go. I also lost about same 15 pounds about 5 times before I came to LAWL... It wasn't that I couldn't lose weight, I just was having a hard time making any changes permanent.

Kim, Hope you are back to golfing and feeling great so soon.

Holly 3.2 pounds is great for a first week.

Lizababe, try to enjoy the break! Mothering is hard work! Plus you have a hectic schedule. You are blessed to want to spend time with your 16 year old.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #43  

LOL I already have enough hair in my clothes... When I tried to make some cute scarves as gifts a few years ago I joked that the yarn was spun with cat hair. (It was, but not on purpose) S**tty Kitty's siamese background is flame point, but you can see the maine coon in his body structure and striped tail. I'll put a few pictures on here. One of the stupid haircut, one of him fluffy and then one to show how big he is (with stupid antlers, it's a wonder he hasn't run away)

Old 07-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #44  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

omg liza! i am so in love with you kitties! i love cats so much and we recently just got one (in april)..his name is scooter and he's a riot. i can't wait til he gets bigger and fatter! absolutely adorable! so puffy and lovey looking! awwwwww!!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #45  

Barbara CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You made it!!! woo hoo!!!

I had WI today. Only down 1/2 lb since last Monday but I'm also holding water like a sponge. I did the lemon water, etc to get it all out but it's still there. They could see my hands and feet are swollen so they were pretty forgiving about that. I hope I'll wake up before Thursdays WI and just tinkle out 5 lbs. TMI I know...