Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #1  
This time is gonna work!!

S/C/G: 195/184/135

Height: 5'3"

Angry This was a huge mistake!!!

I know I said I wouldn't complain or whine again -- well I take it back. Much like I wish I could take back the $400 bucks I paid to join LAWL. I hate it. I've been doing this for well over a month and have now lost a whopping 7lbs. I walk anywhere between 4-8 miles a day, I eat all the same foods daily in order to get all the categories in--my COD just keeps saying this is normal this is normal. I'm so sick of salads and chicken and cantaloupe. If I do try to eat something different like 6 oz of steak or any other type of veggies I add weight fast. I had enough and had a SMALL cheat this weekend. I think I had like 1 too many starches one day and didn't get all the veggies in on Monday because I was in meetings all day and I gained back 3 of the 10lbs I had lost. I've been back OP and nothing is budging. I think I could have gotten these results only better had I done another program. I can't tell you the times I've been at the COD and explained I'm frustrated--the weight is staying, etc. etc. and all they say is this is normal. Drink more water--I'm already drinking way above the 64oz daily...they say get exercise--hello 8 miles in one day here people. I don't know what else to do. I'm THISCLOSE to giving up. I'm so angry and frustrated. Am I doing something this wrong or are they right. Is this really normal? I'm so discouraged. I'm beginning to think I'll just be fat forever!
JDLAStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

JD - What is the amount of weight loss you would like to see? To me, 7-10lbs in 4 weeks is fantastic. When I stay POP, I lose around 1.5lbs per week. I know you are frustrated, but this is a lifestyle change, not some fad diet where you will lose 10lbs in two weeks. Also, variety is key as well. If I only ate cantaloupe and chicken for a month I would be going over the edge as well. Maybe switch it up a bit, try one new thing a day that you can look forward to.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #3  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry you're frustrated, but Cassi is so right. Please don't give up! You may want to check out the daily menu thread on here. I've gotten lots of ideas that helped me to put variety into my diet.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #4  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi -- I am not LAWL so I can't help you there but I will hopefully give you some insight with the exercise. You walk 4 - 8 miles a day and that is awesome but our bodies need to be "entertained". Quite honestly you body is quite used to the walk -- doesn't really matter how far it is. Heck I gained the most weight years ago - walking an hour "uphill" with my dog. What I have learned over the last little while is we need to mix up our exercise -- of course walking is great, but are you raising your heartbeat? Are you doing any weight training? As we build muscle our bodies will burn the calories faster. Of course I am still heavy but I am in the best shape I have been physically and its from doing a mix up of exercise. I take a definition class (gentle weight lifting mostly), core concepts, ab blaster, hi low step class and last month I even joined a cardio bootcamp. Now that was the best $200 I ever spent. There are lots of exercise DVD's -- the 10 Minute Solutions are really good - you can mix and match and do 10 - 50 minutes in one session.

Just try not to abandon all the good eating -- its a long tough road. I know the month I was doing the bootcamp I ate right -- exercised 5 days a week and only lost 2.5 pounds - but I shed inches and quite honestly the entire world sees the inches -- I am the only person that sees the numbers on the scale.
Jayjay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

JDLAstew...........what color plan are you on? I ask because with all of that exercise, it is possible you aren't getting enough food. Has COD addressed that?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am not lawl either and I agree with jay jay however I would add one thing. I have been working on weight loss for 2 years now and have had success and slacked off etc. Whenever I really buckle down and start walking ALOT, like 900 minutes a month up to 2000 is when I start packing onm muscle and at first it looks like I am losing 2-3 pounds a month. BUT muscle is leaner than fat but weighs the same. I take pics and measurements and I am truly thinner.

What I always tell myself is it is not about the scale but about being healthy and looking great. Stick with it and you will continue to see results.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #7  
This time is gonna work!!

S/C/G: 195/184/135

I'm on the purple plan. I do get my heartrate up--I forgot to mention that I'm pushing my 3 y.o. son in his stroller. I've bought a ton of exercise DVDs and have used them sporadically since beginning. Honestly I can't imagine eating any more food than I already do. I guess what frustrates me so much is that with other diets I would lose quickly--I know that obviously they didn't work or I wouldn't have dished out the cash to join LAWL--but they seemed to keep me on program better. During WW I lost 25lbs quickly and had I had the money to keep going weekly would have stuck with it. I thought with LAWL paying all the money up front would keep me on it. I just keep getting sick of the same foods--I'm quite picky. The thoughts of plum sauce or any type of squash kills me! And when can I have a simple craving like a peanut butter cup or a cookie--how can I add a such things? I'm on the shakes now so that takes a protein and starch...I can't afford the lites--I know that might help with cravings but sheesh...I'm a SAHM and student. My hubby is the only income. Anyway sorry for venting but I'm mad...and frustrated....and a little bored with the plan. Thanks for your words...I'm sure my COD will hear them too.
JDLAStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #8  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

The 2 lbs. a week that LAWL wants is on the high end of the scale for normal weight loss. You are doing fantastic so far. Some people lose 3-4 lbs. a week in the beginning and some don't. If you don't have a lot of weight to lose or you are a career dieter, you probably aren't going to see the bigger losses, 1-2 lbs. is probably going to be your ideal weight loss.

What color plan are you on? Are you speed walking and breaking a sweat? How long does it take you get in your 4-8 miles? Have you checked your calorie intake to make sure you are getting enough calories? You should really never go under 1200 a day. I am guessing that if you are gaining by missing foods or only going over by 1 starch, that you are not on the right plan. If you are exercising more than 5 hours a week, you may need to go up a plan. Also what the other girls said about switching things up both in exercise and food is so true. If you eat the same things all the time and exercise the same way all the time, your body gets comfortable and it won't let go of the weight. You need to have a variety of food to keep your body guessing. I have days where I consume about 1700 calories and then some days where I only consume 1200 calories. Another thing you could try yourself, is to quit walking so many miles for a couple of weeks. Just get in like 1-2 miles a day. If you have a big loss the week after you first quit walking, then you are on the wrong plan and you need more food.

Patience really is the key here. You didn't put the weight on instantly, and you are not going to take it off instantly. You may also be building muscle right now. Are your clothes fitting better? Have they taken your measurements at the center? If not,have them do it!! You may be pleasantly surprised. Don't give up!!! You can do it!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #9  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Your biggest mistake would be if you quit! First, you are right on course as far as your weight loss and if you've been POP, or very close to POP, I can only guess your gain is hormonal and will pass in time. Your body is loving how good you are treating it these days.

All the other posters covered the high points: mix up your exercise, put some variety into your meals, and figure out if there is another reason for your frustration. If you are stressed about other things going on in your life other than your weight, that can truly affect your weight loss And out of curiosity, what will happen if you give up? Will the weight fall off more rapidly? hmmmmmmmmm?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #10  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Cassie is right! 7-10lbs in 4 weeks is FANTASTIC!

Visit the recipe threads. I was getting quite bored with salads and chicken so I decided to venture out an cook. I The recipes are fantastic and it makes it interesting. I wouls like to suggest the BBQ Chicken 'pitza'. I had it last night, Yummo!!!

Are you weighing your food? I wasn't at first. I was losing an average of 3lbs a week then it STOPPED. I was really into working out at the gym and walking 15-20 miles a week. I couldn't figure out why it was stalled. I bought a food scale and realized I was only eating about 1/3 of the protien I was supposed to. Like magic, within 3 days I saw a 1.5 lb loss in 4 days.

JayJay is right. You need to add some resistance into the mix. Build those muscles and speed your metabolism!!

Hang in there! You are doing great!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

It sounds like maybe you just need to drop the shakes so you can get more variety. And as for the peanut butter cup or cookie... well, you know the answer. But when you say that you are on purple, that seems like that is what you would be on if you were doing the lites. Does your COD know that you aren't doing the lites? It seems they would move you to red. Although it may not matter since gold would start around 181 or so anyway, and without the lites, that would be purple. (did that make sense?)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #12  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

Height: 5'4"

7 pounds for the first month is great. Just think after next month it will be 14, etc. I think that you need to look at the big picture. It is more frustrating to think of the entire amount that we have to lose than to think in smaller steps. Trust me, the small losses add up and stay off. I find that for me, it seems that I lose weight really well for about two weeks of the month and then I stabilize for about two weeks. That is just my body and I've learned to get past the frustration of the scale not moving for that week or two. Probably, you are also losing inches!! I would advise to check out some of the recipe threads to mix up your food. In the past, I have tended to try and quit just because I'm so sick of chicken and such. And as another suggested, mix up the exercise. I take all different kinds of aerobics classes throughout the week. Walking is great, but it's great to cross train. Good luck and don't quit!!!
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

I'm not LAWL either but wanted to jump in to say don't be frustrated, even if you find that LAWL, ultimately, isn't the road you want to travel.

Nothing against LAWL, of which I have absolutely no personal knowledge, but that would not necessarily be a bad thing (to decide it's not for you) or mean that you've wasted your money or your effort. This is a lifetime journey that you are on and you may need to go down many paths before you find the true formula that ultimately is the one for you.

There are many paths in the journey to living life at a sane weight. LAWL may be the one you want and it may work great for you, or something else will work. The main thing is, don't give up and don't be afraid to say to yourself that you aren't on the path you want to be at, whether it cost $400 or not, and wave gently to that path in acceptance and move on to whatever may work better for you.

You do not need to be on a set program for life or even on a set program for a short time in order to achieve the weight that is right for you. In the final analysis, it comes down to eating less and moving more (in your case, maybe moving differently and eating a little more, hard to say, you have to experiment).

But NEVER give up and BTW it's great to vent! You'll do great!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

If you continue to lose at the rate you're losing, you'll be at your goal by Thanksgiving/Christmas time. That seems very realistic to me. Most people who lose too much weight too quickly have difficulty maintaining it.

Good luck
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Also not on LAWL, but have to post because sometimes a different perspective helps. A lifetime of dieting and in recent years a physical disability that makes exercise very difficult (at least on land, in water I can do pretty well) have lowered my metabolism to the point that I envy a 7 lbs per month loss. I don't mean this as a "you think you got it bad" post, but having been dieting since age 5, I may not have yet found the secret to success, but I've certainly become an expert on what doesn't work), and there's nothing that kills a weight loss attempt faster than impatience.

The jury isn't in on much of the weight loss research, but the most current research suggests that that the optimal weight loss rate for health and long term success is only 1/2 to 1 percent of your body weight. At your current weight that would mean a weight loss of no more than 1 to 2 lbs per week. Not only are you doing well, you're ahead of schedule. There are ways to lose faster, but faster isn't better when it comes to weight loss. The faster you lose, the faster you're likely to put back on.

I think "dieting" is like very hot or very cold water. If you jump in quickly, you can't wait to get out. But if the water temp is increased or decreased slowly, you'll get used to the water and won't mind staying in.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote